The Sun Is Getting Hotter

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by jumpercable, Feb 2, 2007.

1. jumpercable 6EQUJ5 'WOW' Registered Senior Member

So how hot is it going to get be the next 200 million years?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

http://www.xomba.com/the_suns_future_a_brief_outline

so in 1.1 bilion years were at a 110% so it proberly won't be more then a 102% in the next 200 million years. So that's from 1370 watts to les then 1400 watts/m².

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

So what if it is and what if it isn't?

Basicley over the concept of the sun is getting hotter you got 3 sorts of time tabels, the short one it happens in a lifetime, the average one is continental and takes (hundreds) of millions of years and the long one takes astronomical long billions of years.
    It's save to say that the increasing temprature of the sun belongs in the later category and really is unimportant unless for some boring study of possible futures.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

“ Originally Posted by samcdkey
    What is the atmosphere like on Mars? What is its environmental history?
    Does it have weather cycles?
    Can we compare events on Mars with events on Earth? ”

"Originally posted by madanthonywayne
    Well, they orbit the same star and derive all their energy from that star. It's also pretty clear that man is not responsible for any change in temperature on Mars. So if the temperature on both planets is rising, and the large nuclear reactor they derive all their energy from is heating up, the conclusion seems obvious. "

Kendall-It is hard to say that we are not responsible for the temperature of mars or the sun, giving the give and take systems that are going on in the solar system the greenhouse gases that we are letting out in the atmosphere might be causing the entire solar system to heat up (i'm just thinking outloud) but if the tempature of the sun was geting hotter because of the earth then the other planets would warm up. I do not know why but I always had the idea in my head that the sun was sucking something from the solar system or planets like a form of energy or something that it takes in that is opposite of the radiation(light) it gives off. If it was self suffecient woulden't it get smaller and smaller over time?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  8. orcot Valued Senior Member

Well maybe all the attention is making it blush and feel warm inside. But besides that who argues that Mars is warming up, different then it should.

It does

9. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

IS this not a little old?

<quote>Page created 09/27/97 08:30 PM

Copyright Lubbock Avalanche-Journal 1997</quote>

10. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

"Originally posted by orcot
    Well maybe all the attention is making it blush and feel warm inside. But besides that who argues that Mars is warming up, different then it should."

Kendall-Who took the temp? This is a language I know little of, I do own a telescope and a book on astronomy though.

11. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Could the change in the sun`s magnetoshere due to flip in 2012 be linked to this?

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Who's writing this report?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

14. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

We are really changing the composition of the atmosphere like in an instant according to that report.

15. jumpercable 6EQUJ5 'WOW' Registered Senior Member

In 200 million years it won't matter too much, will it?

16. Genji Registered Senior Member

LOL!! So THIS science is right. The 90% plus other scientists are all part of a vast leftwing conspiracy, right??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If Gore had talked about this tiny sliver of opinion science the righties would be INSISTING there is global warming!!!!!!!!!
    Republicans and righties: Go work on another gay marriage ban or an English Only law and stay out of the serious topics. Thaaaaanx.

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This same report was just cited on a thread in the Human Science forum. I first read about this two years ago and have posted in here a dozen times. I'm glad somebody else now believes me.
    The UN? The UN??? You must be kidding if you expect us to accept the authority of the most politicized body on earth! That's like saying you're going to stop taking drugs because the DEA says they're bad for you.

The U.N. wants the people in the industrial world to feel guilty.

I agree that we probably can do something to mitigate the effects of global warming. But making people feel bad is never the way to get them to do their best. Optimistic people always accomplish more.

18. Genji Registered Senior Member

So the rightwing political assault on the science that brought out the global warming discussion is OK but any political response anywhere Left of Ann Coulter is some abomination? The Right are who have turned this into a divisive political catfight, not the UN!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!