The Sun and the solar system

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by kingwinner, Jan 23, 2006.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

So, are you going to apologise for this?

Since you know I was not connecting neutrinos and neutron stars?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

NO.. re-read your own words...

do you take them back now.?

do so, and i will appologise.

-MT

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

YOU REPLYED TO my conversation about nuetron stars with your words about stars and nuetrinos...

it doesnt fit does it?

you said it... and you have stood by it... why?

-MT

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I replied to your words about fusion. I even stated "main sequence stars" in my post. Apologize.

8. ddovala Pi is exactly 3 Registered Senior Member

hey MT, heres an idea

why dont you give US some links supporting your point of view?

(I know, he'll probably just type in all caps about neutron stars for some reason...)

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

NO, he'll accuse you of being NARROW MINDED and having NO IDEAS OF YOUR OWN, fool.

10. Anomalous Banned Banned

Do U think I give a Damn, I have nothing to loose.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

you fell right into that one didn't you.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

what evidence are you contesting mosheh?

13. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

Does MT know and understand ( and agree with ) the theoretical limitation on the yield of a purely fission explosive device?

I'm not going to bother with looking it up but remember it as being about 50 kilotons ( the Hiroshima device was 10 to 20 KT, depending on which estimate you happen to read ).

Russia detonated the first thermonuclear device in about 1948, a "layer cake". The maximum yield of a layer cake is about 80 KT, I think. It was not what is considered a true full fledged thermonuclear device, but was a "boosted yield". A true thermonuclear device is not really limited in yield size: one can be designed with any large yield a military is bloodthirsty enough to desire.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I have read different accounts of the largest device actually tested, from 60 megatons to 200 megatons. The first U.S.thermonuclear device tested was 20 megatons. One megaton is 1,000 ( one thousand ) kilotons.

Does MT know why the maximum yield of a pure fission device is not a whole lot more than the Hiroshima device?

Does MT know why the maximum yield of a layer cake is about 80 KT?

Does MT know why a true thermonuclear device has no theoretical limit to its yield?

Does MT know why the whopper explosions, as photographed, of the tested devices could not possibly have been pure fission or boosted yield devices?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  14. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

NO... but i could look it all up in half an hour... but what would be the point of that.

i am not TESLA.. i do not remember everything.... i do not have special powers.

and superluminal.. if you want an apology.. you have it.. i apologise...

there is no point to the discussion any further.

i have lost, and i bow out.. but as i go i just have to remind you of one thing...

its been along time... 50 years of fusion research...
    and its always just beyond our reach... just 10 more years they say every 10 years.

tokomaks.. z pinchs... and countless others... pushing pushing...

but still.... it never works.

fusion does happen... and it can be used... gentlemen. and ladies.

fusion of helium and lithium at 2 million ev yields 17 million ev of energy...

transmutation... of specifc elements and isoptopes into unstable configurations.. will be... will... will... be the savior of fusion technology...

but we have to turn our research that way... and until we do.. ..well.

it doesnt work... how much evidense do you guys actually need?
    you have 50 years of it... but they dont tell you that... that make their living in the fusion field... and the schools preach it like gospel...

So why not right?

i say it because its a proven waste of time... other methods can work better.
    that is also in evidense.

-MT

15. Anomalous Banned Banned

And now I have draged U with me into the darkness.

16. Light Registered Senior Member

It's about time!!

With a few rare exceptions, I don't think I've seen anyone continue to repeatedly drag out an issue based on his sheer ignorance. It's quite rewarding to finally see this idiot admit he was wrong. (The only thing missing is that he failed to admit he was wrong about everything!)

17. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

i dont think i am wrong... im just tired of discussing it with closeminded people.
    and i have said enough to complete my arguements.. assuming this is a debate.

in which case.. it is the casual observer who ARE the judges in the matter...
    and they are always silent... sadly.

-MT

18. Light Registered Senior Member

All I can tell you at this point is when you finally do figure out that you're wrong (badly!), you will at last be on the way to making some real progress.

And has it occured to you that the silent, casual observers you mentioned probably didn't even find what you said the least bit interesting? Garbage seldom is.

19. Anomalous Banned Banned

Exactly, these morons missed the starting point of scientific progress, first U have to propose a theory and then move ahead on its research.

Light, ...99 and Superlublium, Q, these people are not research minded they are just mugger, ie. they mug up things blindly and think they are smart, but all they are nothing but Recorders, they use theirs minds to record things thats all.

Not for U CANGAS.

20. Light Registered Senior Member

Yep, just like your "hero" - dumb enough to fall for any kind of nonsense. No matter what you think, ignorance of facts does not hold back progress.

See if you can show me some examples of where ignorance produced something - I dare you.

21. Anomalous Banned Banned

Thats exactly what I meant.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

why are you dragging me into this?
    i just asked mosheh what evidence he was contesting.

23. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I believe in transmutation..... and which fusion and or.. obsorbtion of masses together can and does happen.... but only processes that lead and cause the break down of masses into smaller ones.. yields energy... wothwhile energy, anway.

-MT