The Sun and the solar system

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by kingwinner, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Actually, almost all crackpots who want to deny a widely-accepted scientific theory operate the same way; the argument techniques of a relativity denier aren't really any different from a creationist. The specifisc change, but the over-all approach usually stays the same.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Light Registered Senior Member

Well said. But I don't believe he's extending any method. Much like some other posters here, he's basing his ideas on poorly understood science. He knows just enough to be able to present some principles - usually incorrectly - and immediately takes himself way beyond his meager education (or understanding of what he's been half-way taught).

Plainly put, he's just ignorant.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

SHOW ME ONE EXPERIMENT WHERE IT WORKS.. AND YIELDS ENERGY.

just one... one fucking experiment..

can you do it???

no.

-MT

AND... energy used in confinement is part of what is needed to make it happen..

i.e.. you have to put in 100 megawatts to make it happen.

but the heat you get out... is slightly less than you put in.

that means. what?

it puts out less than you put in..

i ask you all..

entropy.. and natural decay of atoms...

it flows one way... from big to small.

going from small to big is UN-NATURAL.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

Since you are far too lazy (and possibly too stupid) to do your own research, take a look at this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fusion

You only need to read the first two or three paragraphs because after that it probably becomes too deep for you to understand.

8. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I ASK..

if we use the same techinques to heat a non-fusing gas...

we add 100 megawatts of heat... we can expect to get out 100 megawatts of heat.....

so where is the extra energy???

-MT

9. Light Registered Senior Member

Apparently you understood almost nothig of what you read (or did you even read it at all?).

And just what non-fusing gas might that be? You still do not understand what happens inside a star? Pity. Read the article again (if you actually bothered the first time around) and check some of the links it provides.

10. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

ANY GAS...

and forgive me, my friend but i have read it all before.. its nothing new..

i ask..

using any gas... and subjecting it to the same fields and energy and pressure..
    essentially heating it up...

if we get it that hot... how much heat energy can we expect to get out of it?

exactly what we put in..... no surprise..

thus far all we have built is really big heaters....

it hasnt worked... and with each failure they say... 10 million more degrees..

or 10 more years...

or we just need to double the pressure....

gesh...

it just doesnt work.

but thats ok... because now we can use the same heating machines to drive fission processes which does work quite well.

such as helium and lithium.... that yields plenty....

and if we would turn our focus away from such futile efforts and turn towards other methods that do work, we might find a worthwhile solution.

you people hold on to fusion like its a fucking religion.

its not.. its theory.. theory which thus far hasnt panned out..

and when ever someone points it out.. stupid people just point up at the sun and say but what about the sun.. hehe...

morons.. if it doesnt produce energy... it doesnt produce energy...

and the sun must get its power from fission processes.

which brings into the question the composition of the sun.

we may notice.. the planets are not all hydrogen and helium.

and if just 10% of the sun was heavy matter... it would be plenty.

-MT

11. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

E=MC^2

Now do you understand where the extra energy comes from?

12. Light Registered Senior Member

And you, my "friend" are an absolute dolt! You actually know less than a 16-year-old school child. So far, you've been the only moron here and you insist on being a moron forever. You obviously either cannot read or cannot comprehend what you are reading. And although you claim to have known it already, it (the simple reference I gave you) contradicts EVERYTHING you continue to spew out. Sheer and utter nonsense is all that you are - idiot!

You are perhaps the only person in the world who thinks fusion is a joke! Have you noticed you are the only one here who believes that????????

13. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

i understand... what is it... a .07% mass conversion? IS THAT RIGHT?

into what?

look at the conversion... it produces 2 electrons... free electrons..

and gamma rays are just not usable are they?

-MT

14. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

LIGHT... Yes i know... I used to believe as you do.... i changed my mind.

study it in detail.... you might do so as well.

-MT

15. Anomalous Banned Banned

C^2 = E / M

C = (E/M)/^2

Increase the E as you want and you will increase C as you want. As we increase E, M is always decreasing.

16. Light Registered Senior Member

That's just plain silly. Don't you even realize that c (the speed of light in a vacuum) is a universal constant ? What school did you go to? (If any.)

I ask because you don't seem to know the above nor do you know how to transpose an equation properly. And you normally would have learned how to do that by age 13 or 14 at the lastest.

17. Anomalous Banned Banned

Instead of building on the equation U have started nibbing at my woes. The equation itself shows how to break the C barrier.

For your kind information, I was a poor man and a kinder garden dropout, that didnt stop me from building my business empire. And now thats not gona stop me from achieving what U couldnt.

18. Light Registered Senior Member

Really? The equation shows no such thing. And if you don't know what a constant is I suggest you look it up.

And I seriously doubt you are anywhere close to being in my business league, not that it makes any difference in the REAL topic we're discussing here.

19. Anomalous Banned Banned

so can U tell us how the assumption that c is constant was proved ? now that U sound so sure about it.

20. Light Registered Senior Member

Nope, but I'm sure someone else here can. Physics/relativity were not one of my chosen fields to delve into too deeply. But I am aware that every physicist in the world is convinced it's unvarying. And since they are the experts in THAT line of work I would have to assume that they know far more than you do.

So check back - I'm sure someone will explain it to you.

21. Anomalous Banned Banned

Sounds like the story "Emperors new clothes", this is blind faith.

22. Light Registered Senior Member

Not in the least! There are probably hundreds of thousands of physicists that could answer your question on the spot. And put another way, would you expect an expert auto mechanic to explain the inner workings of the Space Shuttle to you? (I didn't think so.)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Anomalous Banned Banned

Ok, I admit it being uneducated I am not good enough to judge if C can be constant.

Oh, on another thought, Its quite possible that thoes hundreds or thousands are just like U who must have spent 20 years in learning all that crap and hence they dont want all that to be called crap or question its validity. Because else they will be known as the biggest Jack Asses in the history of mankind and no women will ever fuck them.