The State of Our Union . . .

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CuriousGene, Jan 21, 2004.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I found his speech interesting and informative but lacking any real ideas as to solving the deficit of over 500 billion dollars. He didn't address the national debt either which is over 6 trillion dollars. He has many plans to do many things but little resources as to do them with. Where is he going to get all of those dollars to pay for all of these things? Another thing is that he didn't mention was going to Mars, which was good and bad because most people don't think money should be spent on such a project but want that money used here on Earth for better education and health care issues. Health care is a very important subject for seniors and a better Medicare system is what should be addressed to give seniors FREE prescriptions IF they are under a certain income level. Why not just pay the insurance companies a premium for those who qualify to let them pick their own doctors that would be paid by the insurance companies instead of HMO's that are not working that well?

He is getting better at his speech making abilities and has much better writers now.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CuriousGene Supreme Allied Commander Registered Senior Member

Did anyone else notice that he said the word "progro"? I think he was trying to say program? Or did I just hear wrong? Anyone?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Oh, stop nitpicking, DARPAsoft is still debugging him- Dubya 4.0 is expected to get perfect diction and be panlingual before World Coronation in 12.5 years or singularity, whichever comes first.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carnuth i dont Registered Senior Member

yeah i noticed how he kinda had to pause a little after he mentioned the patriot act expiring, that was kind of suspicious, but he did get a kinda of surprised look on his face. I think the person who wrote his speech had that intentional pause for an intentional applause set up, but im not so sure bush was alerted to that. as for the rest, im just skimming through

i salute the mighty armies from the Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Iceland, Poland, Afghanistan, Estonia, Angola, Ethiopia, Albania, Mongolia, Rwanda, Latvia, Lithuania, Nicaragua, Uganda, and Oh Cannot Forget Eritrea... Great bunch of supporters we got eh?

Bush also mentioned the US having the best health care system in the world, i believe it ranks beyond 20th for overall healthcare...But for the top 5%, im sure it is the best in the world.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2004
  8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

If ever there was moment to hack the SOTU teleprompter: "Our strong international coalition of Atreides, Phoenicia, and the Plaedies... Then flash the words "F@CK! F@CK! Git in yer hidey hole NOW, bitch!"

9. Arthur Registered Senior Member

There seems to be a United States that Bush likes to talk about, and another one in which Americans actually live.

10. Bells Staff Member

Mystech, what can I say. I think I love you.. lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. Well said!!

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

America does not need more dignity. We need more humility.

12. CuriousGene Supreme Allied Commander Registered Senior Member

I found this funny:

A Shorter State of the Union Address:

"America is good. Families are good. Gay people are bad. Goodness is good. Tax cuts are good. Renew the PATRIOT Act."