The speed of life

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by kaneda, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Then, according to the theory, the astronauts must have been unconscious. Of course we all know that didn't happen..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

oh wait...there are other bodies in universe besides moon and Earth...im a dummie

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Reiku said that if gravity is negligible, the theory holds. In between the earth and the moon gravity is pretty much negligible..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

Enmos and Kaneda:

Even though an astronaut is in free fall, and experience no gravity, their brains and bodies are still made of matter and will produce its own small amount of gravitation.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Huh!? Then your theory is bogus..

9. Reiku Banned Banned

Actually, i proved my own point four years ago that consciousness (IF) it does require gravity, then the cause of consciousness is a lost cause: In fact, i assured myself that my thought experiment prooved that consciousness was not falisfiable.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't know what to say. Sorry..

11. Reiku Banned Banned

Why sorry?

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Hmm ok.

You can never know if gravity is the cause of consciousness. Because gravity needs matter to exist. So why can't organized matter (our brain) be the cause.
    You have no way of proving your hypothesis; not even a chance you can get any evidence.
    If a 'theory' is unfalsifiable it is not a scientific theory.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

These where though Enmos conclusions of mine from four years ago. Gravity might not even cause consciousness, so actually consciousness COULD be falsifiable depending on how consciousness is configurated.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I thought you were putting this theory forward as something you currently believe in

Whether consciousness is falsifiable is a different matter. I think what you are trying to say is that consciousness might also not be a scientific theory depending on how it is defined.
    Using the standard definition though, the existence of consciousness is entirely falsifiable.

15. Reiku Banned Banned

''I thought you were putting this theory forward as something you currently believe in.''

Oh God no, not like that... I mean, i have a better model for consciousness stating that matter is irrelevant. But this would be a very diffcult theory to proove. Well beyond any technology we have now.

''Whether consciousness is falsifiable is a different matter. I think what you are trying to say is that consciousness might also not be a scientific theory depending on how it is defined..''

Yes

''Using the standard definition though, the existence of consciousness is entirely falsifiable.''

Yes, but it is very Darwinian, in that mind comes out of matter. I am currenlty providing models suggesting that rather matter comes out of mind.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You would have to come up with some damn fine evidence to convince anybody though, not in the least me.

17. draqon Banned Banned

anyone here besides me think that gravity is a form of very strong magnetic Lorentz force?

18. Reiku Banned Banned

Its possible, but you might be called a crank for suggesting it... But i have speculated something a bit like this. For me, Gravity is not a fundamental ''graviton,'' but perhaps something else...

19. Reiku Banned Banned

Well, i can put my theory down into some easy and understandable concepts.

1. The Observer Effect of Quantum Mechanics provides the notion that reality as we know it arises from the mind.

2. If this is true, then matter comes out of a functioning mind, not the other way around.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The observer effect deals with uncertainty, not creation of reality.

21. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Programming the original PC's when they came out, I could see how the mind works. If something happens, it gives a set number of reactions (as in GOTO) based on that of which there can be a bias, on which further reactions are based, etc. That is all the thinking process is. There is nothing miraculous about it but just a series of previously arranged routes from each cause, routes laid by past experiences.

22. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Reiku. Right. No gravitons. Gravitons suggest particles which do not travel at light speed. Waves do but light speed waves do not escape from black holes so not waves either (forget the tunnelling BS). I tend to think of gravity as operating above the three physical dimensions with a fourth physical dimension aspect which a 3D black hole cannot hold in the same way as it does the other three.

23. Reiku Banned Banned

First Enmos, you're are wrong me lad.

The Observer Effect:

Is the notion that the observer collapses the wave function inherent in matter, making a superpositional quantum wave deflate to a single value... in other words, the observer disturbs and creates the things she observes.

Kaneda

Yes... I do not think the graviton exists, and if it doesn't, quantum mechanics standard interpretation will be in shatters.