The sixth sense

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by DaveW, Dec 16, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveW Registered Senior Member

An interesting article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_566000/566368.stm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I think we still have all of our primal senses. We've just been taught to ignore them. Pay closer attention, however, and you may find yourself in a strange city tracking a gas station by scent. I'm not kidding! This really happened! We were able to pick out from a San Francisco district the scent of gasoline being carried on the wind and successfully followed the scent to a Union 76. As a joke, we tried to track a Burger King afterwards, with the same success. It was pretty funny, but I suppose the odds were with us.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

this doesnt have too.... much to do with it... but did you ever here about the veitnamese (i know i spelled it wrong) not drinking milk... and getting there calcieum from salads.... and then being able to smell american soldiers.???? they couldve uncoverd the same thing

------------------
    thats all i got

-dexter

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 666 Registered Senior Member

Dex,
    Accualy your not off the subject. It is intresting that certine foods / drinks cuase the body to emit diferent odors. I once work with a guy I could barly stand to be around becuase he loved garlic a little to much and you could it. Not just from his breath but from him!

------------------
    My life could have been black and white, but I had to color it.

8. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

ya i know what you mean 666, except something that i gotta learn what to do, is how to 'not' smell some people, casue yyucccckkkk

------------------
    when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages.

-dexter

9. Bxmkr Registered Member

Nice article. There is another on a URL, that I'll try to locate, about recent research in the brain finding "mirror" cells. Cells which "mirror" other brain cell activity. They appear to function independently of and in addition to the cells which they mime. They also seem to "mirror" the activity of other brains as well. Whoa!

------------------
    Bxmkr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.