The Sessions Session [Senate Intel — 13 June 2017]

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Via NBC News↱:

As opening statements kick off, here are the main questions Sessions should answer during today's hearing:

1. Do you think it odd that you got barred from the room so that the president could speak privately to FBI Director Comey? Did you ever ask why?

2. Why was U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara fired?

3. At your confirmation you neglected (forgot or deliberately) to mention all your meetings with Russians which resulted in you having to correct the record later, so this is your chance to start over. Tell us, how many times did you meet with the Russians?

4. When did you first find out that former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn misled or lied to Vice President Pence?

5. You have recused yourself from the Russian investigation. What do you perceive to be the breadth of that recusal?

6. Did President Trump ask you whether Comey should be fired or not? When did he ask you? Was anyone else present?

― Greta Van Susteren

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Same liveblog from NBC News↱, in re opening remarks of Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee:

Attorney General Sessions, this venue is your opportunity to separate fact from fiction and to set the record straight on a number of allegations reported in the press. For example, there are several issues that I am hopeful we will address today:

1. Did you have any meetings with Russian officials or their proxies on behalf of the Trump campaign or during your time as Attorney General?
    2. What was your involvement with candidate-Trump’s foreign policy team, and what were their possible interactions with Russians?
    3. Why did you decide to recuse yourself from the Government’s Russia investigation? And,
    4. What role, if any, did you play in the removal of then-FBI Director Comey?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

How do you claim executive privilege without claiming executive privilege? Sessions and others who report to Trump have and continue to do it. It's amazing to behold. And if we had a functional congress, they'd put the assholes in jail for contempt of Congress.

Session's memory appears to be so bad, one has to question his ability to get out of the house much less serve as attorney general. He can't recall anything related to Russia. He cannot remember his meetings with Russia. What the hell is doing meeting with Russians anyway?

Sessions said he didn't meet any Russians at the Mayflower event until today when he said he may have met the Russian ambassador at the Mayflower Hotel where both were in attendance. It's memory problem again. Sessions just can't remember anything related to Russia.

If you want Sessions to forget something just say Russia.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He's a slimy bastard! And for a career lawyer he doesn't appear to know much about the law.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I was going to make a point, earlier, about poor excuses, but I'm in a period when Firefox has a particular error making buttons nearly impossible to read, and I forgot which window I was touching when I accidentally managed to close the post I was writing in another application.

Anyway, I don't fucking care, anymore. I guess the point was to look at really cheap excuses. Oh, right. Like Jane C. Timm reported for NBC News↱:

Sessions did not dispute that the president had met privately with former FBI Director James Comey in February, and that Comey had expressed concerns about meeting privately with the president the very next day.

Sessions said he was not told the contents of the meeting, but suggested he felt Comey was simply hoping to stick to historic protocols about FBI relations with the White House.

(boldface accent added)

People tend to presume to their own benefit, but the trend is exaggerated among politicians, and nearly unbelievable among Republicans and conservatives. It's like my childhood inverted; this is the sort of stuff conservatives used to complain about, because, you know, liberals and their "technicalities". Of course, at the time, conservatives were still upset about a Mexican being acquitted for the "technicality" of his confession having been beaten out of him, so ... right. Seriously, though, there's a lesson there; I'm certain of it.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Comey lied when he testified today that he attended the Mayflower event just as an interested observer. He became a member of the Trump campaign a month earlier.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

At least ... I think ... er ... okay, what do I need to do to figure this out?

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL...I think you've figured it out. You aren't that dumb, bored maybe, dumb, no.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Does anyone else just want to grab Sessions ears and pull to see if they are fake?

joepistole likes this.
  12. iceaura Valued Senior Member