The Sciforums Royal Rumble

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Zero, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero Banned Banned

The event you've all been waiting for. Heh.

This is a casual, quasi-roleplaying kind of thing. It's a lot of fun, does not require much brains. Neither do you have to be some professional actor. And it's all done by words and posts.

Anyone ever play Dungeons and Dragons or something? OR anyone try pure roleplaying, with no numbers, just brains and a medium of writing? This kind of Royal Rumble is a good way for beginners to get into it. Of course, it can also be a very good time for veterans. Fun fun fun.

OK. Basically, it goes like this.

You make your own character, with his own unique, fantasy-ique powers/spells/skills, equipment, description etc.
    It's a one-on-one battle.
    One person starts off by making an attack. The other person, makes some sort of defense and then a counterattack. The two continue to make defense+counterattack.

an (oversimplified) example:

"XXX launches a gigantic glob of lava at YYY."
    "YYY uses ice magic to deflect the lava. YYY aims a crushing punch at XXX."
    "XXX dodges quickly and kicks YYY with a super-powered, magic-enhanced kick."
    "YYY grabs the outstretched, kicking, leg, and throws XXX flat on his back."
    "XXX twists in mid-air and regains balance ... (attack follows)".

So on and so forth. Except the real thing will be much more descriptive, much more complex, and much more COOL and creative.

We can either have some designated judges here judge your performance (criteria: Is it realistic? Is it cool? Is it nice and descriptive? Is it inventive and creative?), or we can have it freestyle. Personally I'd prefer it with judges. But we can work that out later.

So anyone up for it? It's all about fun and games, folks. Hehe.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

*turns into supreme lord of the universe which has never or will never have an equal nor anyone who is more powerful and then erases the competition from spacetime*

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Marigny Registered Senior Member

*shakes her finger* uh-uh not so fast, mister oh-supreme lord of a lesser universe

(has counteracted that ridiculous plan by having the forethought to devise an invisible magickal shield that deflects all planned destruction of ANY universe within 50 billion light years from *you*)
    ....and so says the empress recreated before any gods. ^_-

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

UberDragon smashes Pollux in the face with an Encyclopedia Brittanica (Letters M-T), waking him from his deep sleep.

8. Marigny Registered Senior Member

*hands Uberdragon more encyclopedias-type books*

Here, you forgot the big, the atlas. lol

9. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

"Hmm..." says UberDragon, "It seems he's unconcious.... give me the atlas, I didn't hit him hard enough! No, no. The BIG ONE!!" Repeatedly cracks Pollux with anything and everything with a front and back cover and containing more than two pages.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

*But how can Uberdragon even touch Pollux, for, Pollux is god, the divine creator of everything that has ever existed, who is everything that has ever existed.*

*Pollux invades Uberdragon's body, makes him urinate until it hurts on all of his stupid encyclopedias, and then marches him at a brisk pace back to High School, through the locked doors and into Ms. Mcfarland's classroom aka "The Cave" where he hears an hour long lecture on deuching*

*exhales*

*inhales*

*there is only one universe and it is under Pollux and is Pollux therefore any assault or defense is automatically declared null and void where prohibited.*
    :bugeye:

11. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

*Hides in a bush half a mile away with a scope and a decent rifle and picks everyone else off one by one.*

12. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Ceases to believe in pollux who therefore ceases to exist as a god.

escapes mystechs rifle after seeing other dropped by hiding in a river valley and running away, vowing to come back with a better weapon.

13. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

*calls in an air strike on guthri*

14. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

:From the distant cliffs......a large rumble shakes the earth and splits the mountian in half......a large bellow comes from within the mountian as clouds of purple smoke engulfs the sky.......then, all of a sudden the mythological creature GUYUTE comes up from the depths of hell.......The Pig beast turns.......lets out a squeal that implodes the heads and bodys of My stech,pollux V, uberdragon,marigny,and zero. But, from out of the ruin....the rivel beast guthrie rises from the ash......The names are to similer.....let the battle for supremecy begin!!!!!!!!!!!

15. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

*throws his wsword up to take out the air strike.*

Goes and gets a large boar spear to take on Guyute, made by teh god of the forges, with cross bar part way down, woven with spells and blessed by an imam and a rabbi.

16. Marigny Registered Senior Member

Watches from afar and rolls her eyes

Silly mortals.

Obviously you weren't aware, Guyute, of the immitated version of our representative selfs? Can't tell the difference? Ach! Such an amateur!

*yawns* Watch and learn, boy.

Blasts Guyute with every elemental energy possible, finally ending your pathetic life in shattered pieces, splattering Pollux deluded self with guyutes pig gut flesh.

*There are more than ONE universe for your information.* (2nd hand gods don't know anything these days, so egocentric!)

*Shielding herself against any other pitiable attack and bombing an array of atomic blasts at guthrie, mystech, zero, and hesitating a little on uberdragon.....I think I'll keep you around for fun*

17. Marigny Registered Senior Member

of course noticing guthries display of swordplay,
    gives an extra inch of electrical energy to put you in your place, yeah, into the biggest black hole of any universe. Now try and get yourself out of that one. ^_^

18. Zero Banned Banned

Meh, no not like this.

*shakes finger at everyone*

This is why we need judges and scoring.

Dammit, I leave off posting the guidelines for one day and already we get chaos. Let me clear things up.

This is a one on one battle. One person may only battle one person at a time.

The absolutely involable rules to this competition:

1) No God-moding.

No, you may not play an omnipotent god. You may not play an all-powerful character either. If the judges determine that the character is god-moding, that character will be branded a GOD and receive immense handicaps and penalties. Besides getting ridiculed, and spoiling it for everyone.

2) Never interfere in someone else's battle.

Fight your own fight. If this is violated, the violator will suffer .. the consequences.

3) Post only one post, as a defense+counterattack. Don't edit it afterwards. One post, one attempt is what you get for one round.

This is necessary. Otherwise we will get people who edit and re-edit their attacks. None of that.

19. Zero Banned Banned

I will edit and update this as necessary.

-------------------------------
    Current Status

Accepting any person who wants to join in as a player.

Judges (total of three)

Zero
    SG-N
    WellCookedFetus

Players

uh, let's put this on HOLD until we sort things out

Last edited: Aug 23, 2003
  20. Zero Banned Banned

I will be one of the judges. We need two more judges right now.

Anyone want to be a player or judge? Post here.

btw, a judge may be a player, but he may not give scores to himself or his opponent. The remaining judges will do the job.

I'll think up a character to give you all a good idea of how it works.

21. Zero Banned Banned

Further guidelines:

As a general rule of thumb, characters may not be bigger than 12 feet. Nor may they be heavier than two tons.

When choosing your abilities/spells/powers, remember there is no such thing as an "immunity" to something. For example, you can try to claim that your character is immune to fire. Right. But it doesn't work.

Simple example: Take a fireproof cabinet. It will withstand a house fire. But will it survive if you chuck it into the sun? Nope.

Stuff like that. Keep it reasonable.

OK. Here is mine. To give you a good idea of how it works.

*Name: Karkath Silverhand
    *Race: Water Elemental
    *Equipment:
    A magical, one-and-a-half-handed sword (The Scythe of Time: it has the power to drain a victim of his energy, leaving him enervated. Among other powers).
    A brilliant green jewel, embedded in his forehead.
    *Height: 6'5"
    *Spells/Abilities: Karkath possesses an array of spells and powers involving ice and wind. He also has psychic powers and can temporarily control time, though in a limited fashion.
    *Skills: Karkath is highly trained in martial arts and is an excellent swordsman. He is also well versed in arcane magical lore, and can usually anticipate a spell aimed at him quickly enough to respond.
    *Appearance:
    Karkath looks like a slightly tall, muscular human with dark blue skin completely covered with dark red runes tattooed onto it. His flesh is very slightly transparent, so he looks like some figure hewn from dark sapphire. A green jewel is embedded in his forehead, and constantly sparkles and glows during combat. He wears a comfortably loose pair of black silk trousers and a shirt. His sword is slung over his back.

Get the picture? Let's get it rolling.

22. SG-N Registered Senior Member

I would be OK to be a judge but I will not have any character (not yet).

About the judges :
    - can they judge any battle? (because, as a human living in Europe, I will not be there all day long... especially if the fighters are living in Australia/Canada/USA...)
    - can they ask for a modification of a character if he seems too powerful?

23. Zero Banned Banned

Judges judge all battles. Each defense+attack post, in fact. Except their own, and their enemies'.

And this is all via Sciforums posts. All written RPing. So it's ok if the time zones are different.

And ok, you can be a judge if you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.