The Rise of Sex Robots and Pleasure Machines

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by sandy, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Nope, you're wrong. Sex is the act of sexual intercourse ..the actual act of fucking!

What you're talkin' about, with all that flowery, sentimental bullshit, is "love" ....which is different for everyone. Me? Love is when she brings me another cold beer even before I ask for it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh, geez, how can people actually spew forth all the "love bullshit" without puking all over the floor?

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If its just fucking, why not just masturbate? You know they are gonna be treating that doll like a person. Dressing her up, talking to her, kissing her, etc.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Again, it's two different things ...love/caring and fucking. Sure, we often make connections with those two things, and it sometimes makes each better than taken alone. But when discussing it like this, we have to be more clear and more distinct. Fucking is one thing; love is another thing.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Blindman Valued Senior Member

The best sex is with a friend/lover.

Sex toys (in context, bots) can aid the sexual experience but without LOVE it is empty and pointless. I guess Baron Max you will have to learn that.

Bots can not replace humans, even perfect replicas, for the simple knowledge that they are not real.

I guaranty that endless unbridled sex with a machine will quickly become mundane, boring and unwanted. Gee many human relationships flounder in the repetitions of sexual demands.

Sex is in the mind and as long as there is more then one human on this world sex bots will allways take second place.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Wishful thinking, some people have the strangest fetishes, and I would not be surprised with the rise of love bots more and more people will go with the companion that never complains and always tries to fulfill their every whim, real is in the eye of the beholder.

Perhaps for you, but not everyone is like you.

yeah you take the 300 pound bitch that divorces you and takes half your money!

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I'd take sex with a machine, no problem.

I can fuck then go back to my routine. I could fit it in every evening. 8 o clock, Norwegian language studies. 9 o clock. fucking.

No emotional problems. No worrying what he thinks of me. No worrying that I should try and be more feminine for him. No staying up until 4am thinking of him because my adrenalin level is fucked so high I can't sleep or stay still or talk slowly. No obsessing about him nonstop. No disruption to my life.

I would have a machine as a lover, no problem.

10. kmguru Staff Member

If you are going to talk about Love and the difference between Love and Sex, perhaps the Human Science is the appropriate section. Machines would not reach that state for another 10,000 years or may be never...the new Cylon race perhaps?

11. Blindman Valued Senior Member

110 pound bitch, drop dead gorgeous, fantastic sex, and she only got 1/3 as my lawyer was better. Wont make mistake again.
    Variety is the spice of life. Sex bot 1.0 not so good, 1.9beta without that silly gag response was great but 2.0 caused to much chafing. Ill just wait for 3.0 with the prehensile nipples. Come now (no pun intended) the great thing about humans is our imaginations and the endless variety it creates.

I guess now that im in my 40's sex is more about connections. Great sex requires great minds. Until machines can tell great jokes they are not going to give great sex. Not to mention, real skin, real mutual enjoyment and that wounderous thing real love.

Love without side effects. No dead batteries, no maitinace, no calls to the 24/7 help line late at night, no $10k upgrade every year.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But then its just a dildo with a body attached. Why pay all the extra for the body?
    There are many men out there who would have sex with you without all the emotional attachments.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I never said this was going to happen soon, and a bioroid or cyborg can certainly have real skin and real mutual enjoyment.

No side effects? Kids, growing mutual incompatibility, divorce, disease and death are pretty big side-effects, certainly a lot worse than dead batteries, mechanical breakdown, and having to call some dinkbat in india because you sex bot curled up into a ball and won't stop licking its own carpet. When your lover "breaks down" she dead, when she has a psychotic breakdown that not going to fix easily, when she leaves you for another men and takes your money that not going to feel good. Your sex bot will never leave you, never say no, and when it breaks down, chuck it, buy a new one.

Yeah but they often have diseases.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

If it cleans and cooks dinner I want one!

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

For the cleaning part, just build you house and furniture out of concrete and stainless steel, then just hose it down once a week or so with a pressure hose.

As to the cooking part, get take out or go out to eat. It's far, far cheaper than keeping a wife or a cook. Hey, you might check out some illegal immigrants in the area, see if there's a cute little immigrant girl that might want to cook for a place to live. Hmmm?

Baron Max

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

LoL

The U.S shoulda dropped 10 more nukes on Japan.

17. jpappl Valued Senior Member

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Oh god...Canada is fucked! lol

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

hell, lots of men buy a wife via mail order. :shrug:

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I tried that once, but there was postal strike and she suffocated while still on the shelf in the sorting office.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

bubble wrap is your friend. There's air all over that stuff.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yeah but who MAKES a wife, a non-functional plastic one? The idea with a love bot is it would be general all around as capable as a human, but without the free will and no "I'm not putting that in my mouth" back talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.