The Reserve Bank

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by cosmictraveler, Feb 21, 2014.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, no. If you really want to know how things work you would do some legitimate research. You wouldn't be watching some silly video clip you found on the web telling you how things work. Your video clip is humorous, but it is far from reality and far from how things really work. It is deeply steeped in ignorance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You really can't take a joke can you?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

Nice post, that was funny.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Apparently reading comp. is not your thing.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why not just say it was funny instead of the lecture.

10. river

Also watch Zeitgeist: the move , on Netflix

Skip about an hour into it , it then talks about reserve banking

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

The gold reserves of central banks are some times small compared to those privately held:
    I.e. In turkey, at least most of "reserve gpld" (not counting "Jewelry gold" is privately owned, and definitely not "leased out" for fees.

I think the "jewelry gold" hoard in in Indian dominates Central Bank gold and at least is large compared private "reserve gold;" However, suspect that the reverse is true in China.
    I. e. Chinese don't display gold on their boidies, but do bury it in the ground. The total hoard of the Central Bank admitted is probably at least three times less than actually held and at lest as large as held by Chinese population.

I don't have any data or ideas about how much private "reserve gold" exists in the USA, but total of gold coins sold, since holding them became legal again would be a significant faction, I would think. How much gold the US central bank, the Fed, has and is not leased out, is debatable. Even the last audit tht had a few Non-Fed. employees was six decades ago. Ron Paul, et. al were not able to get and independent audit done - On the annual reports by the Fed itself are available.

Please post any data you have of independently audited Central Bank gold holdings. Also data on private holdings of gold (jewelry separate from "reserve for bad times gold" - not now for sale).