The Religion subforum.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Jaster Mereel, Aug 4, 2006.

1. leopold Valued Senior Member

do people screw animals? do people engage in incest? perversion?
    it's not just the homosexuals that are freaky, it's pretty much all of us.
    i bet even you woody have some nasty ass skeletons in the closet.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Would you call those things normal, healthy behaviors that deserve the privileges of marriage?

That's what the thread was about. Besides it is difficult for me to understand why gays would want to confine themselves with the restrictions of marriage, "the forsaking of all others", when the gay revolution is supposed to be about sexual freedom to do it with whomever whenever you want to.

It seems they just want to buck the system by screwing marriage. For the gay males it won't work at all without extra sex pals on the side.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

do you honestly beleive that a person will put 3 arms up his ass?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

That's funny, it sounds something like the title of my thread. LOL.

Maybe that would get him ready for the honeymoon.

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Woody,

Maybe the guys who like getting three arms up their assholes don't want to get married? Ever think of that?

By the way. You just admitted the eventual direction of your thread... See? I told you were weren't retards.

9. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Then again maybe they only want one fist up their butt, and marriage would help reduce the pain.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Did I tell you I used to be a manager of an opticians and dispensed spectacles? (Age 19- 24 so very long time ago)

I also did a parachute jump for the retinitis pigmentosa society

I also had a eye test recently

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I have a genuine interest in the 'eye' and could tell you many other remarkable things about it that you may not know such as the many health conditions present in the rest of the body that can be 'seen' on examination of the eye. Opticians can know much more about you than you imagine when they are checking your sight. The way that the expectation of the mind can effect vision, the way that the brain compensates for poor functioning of the 'eye' itself, the way medication effects vision. The eye is indeed a masterful piece of work.

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

meanwhile the woman with the tentacle fetish needs a Brazillian pronto!!!!!

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

this is in no way true.

i might as well say "all the british posters here are rabid football hooligans that love manchester united."

in other words, completely unsubstantiated and pure conjecture.

i am of the jewish faith, and your words reflect nothing about my beliefs, or why i hold them.

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2006
  14. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Superluminal, atheists think they have us figured out, but you guys always get it wrong... Always.

The spirituality element comes from a need for companionship that this world doesn't offer.

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i was thinking it looked like jeff goldblum.....

16. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Exactly. And that's what places it in the category of a delusion. Because there is no sky buddy. You believe in what your eyes and intellect can't percieve and no amount of measurement can illuminate, except in the negative.

By definition, this is a fantasy, or in serious cases, a delusion.

17. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

They do. No scientist says we know how life arose. We don't. But the best working hyporthesis with the most supporting lines of evidence is that it was molecules that combined in an interesting way. What other line of research would you suggest scientists follow to learn how life arose?

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Not in detail, but at the root, there's a common few reasons to want there to be an afterlife and a sky protector.

19. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

But the bible makes it work, and I share the same "delusion" with my christian brothers and sisters. I think it's pretty cool myself. Ask any of them and they'll tell you the same.

The really neat part about it, is they didn't have science and a lot objective information way back then. The wise old sages relied heavily on introspection, subjectivity, and analysis of self. It was a very introspective and illuminative period in human history that produced empirical results.

That's why you'll find so much wisdom about human nature from people like Confucious, Jesus, Solomon and others. The metaphors are without comparison. The inward look means more than the outward look, not less as you say.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  20. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

That's good! I'm glad for you. Really.

Well, to paraphrase you woodster, you theists always seem to get it wrong. I have zero complaints with introspection and self reflection. I spend much of my time that way. It's the objective claims of god(s) as effective entities that is the problem. By effective entities I mean objectively or subjectively. There is no evidence of the objective effect of a god(s) on the universe. In fact, tests of claims by the religious are always indistinguishable from random noise. And you may claim subjective effects of a god(s) but as subjective phenomena have never been shown to be anything other than artifacts of mental processing, this is also a claim with no substance.

21. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Well, as we said before, there is no natural explanation for the supernatural, if there were then it would not be supernatural.. You might ask how I can know the supernatural exists, and the answer does not come from my five senses. It comes from the inside.

The external input is the bible. The words of the bible come to life in me as I read them.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

they do? i have never heard of the word abiogenesis untill i came to this board.

there is only one line to follow and that is brute force trial and error.

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

dont you dare assume to know anything about why i believe what i believe.

actually...by all means, do. it makes you look like a presumptuous tool.