The relation of hair whorls to brain development

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by maxg, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Di Carter Registered Member

I have 3....good post, I can relate and talk to myself all the time....day dreams are good!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Marci Registered Member

I have a double hair whirl. I'm right handed but consider my self partially ambidextrous and I can write legibly with my left hand. I also do a lot of things left handed. My grandmother who also had the double whirl was completely ambidextrous and I have a child who also has the double whirl but is completely right handed. We all walked and talked at the normal age. There have been studies of hair whirls and handedness.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kimmy Marie Registered Member

Hogwash! My 12 yr old is right hand, 2 whorls counterclockwise, zero cognitive issues and is very mild mannered, well behaved, honor roll different. He's my 4th son. Twins run in the family and I'm more inclined to believe the whorls are either genetic or attribute to possibility of early twin lost in womb very early on. Zygote split. No shared embryo. That's just my theory but it's as logical as anything else posted here and I'd much rather believe that than something negative, when my son is such an amazing kid who does his chores, studies, is kind hearted and helpful by nature.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Right Here, Right Now Valued Senior Member

My distant cousin has two whorls, webbed toes and has been an excellent swimmer since before she could walk.