The REAL PROBLEM OF USA ! ! !

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Luis A.C.ROMANELLI, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's it.. We're invading.
    And then you'll all be eating patat majo! :mufc:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Noooo!
    That looks gross! and it's not vegan! it has egg in it!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

fake egg made from things without a face...wait...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Ooooh! GROOOOOSE!

You'll have to pry my cold dead fingers from my bottle of Ketchup!

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Of course the "real American problem" is the debt and its steady growth, until dollar collapses, but I want to step back and note the real problem of the modern world:

Most of the important economic decisions are made by powerful men and corporations.
    Most of the political decisions are made by others trying to please* their populations (or to collect some graft).

This disconnect is new in history - 200 or more years go, the political and economic decisions were made by the same people. Thus there was not what one finds today. Things like great capital investment to build modern factories in foreign lands and then borrow funds from these lands that were growing and prospering so that the wishes of the local population could be satisfied, (for as long as the foreigners would lend).

200+ years ago the capital investments, which is how greater productivity and wealth is created, were made locally. (The English being an exception. For them, that was true about 400+ years ago.) In most locations, 400+ years ago, capital investments were made very locally: The lord of a walled city cleared nearby land for expansion of farms, dug new wells or made other made improvements to the city's water supply and sewer system, etc. He never built factories in another country.

SUMMARY: The "down side" to globalization is that all populations are in the process of being reduced to the living standard of the poorest, but it is being elevated. Thus, the living standards of those that were very well off will decline and those that were very poor will (or at least may) benefit.

For example, in a few decades more or less, Americans will be lucky to live as well as the average Chinese does, as they will have the more productive factories and social structure.

* More discussion at: http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2573119&postcount=1 (A thread that asks: "Are economies of Democratically Elected governments stable?")

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
  9. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

....and he so cried out to the world for a name...
    (in reference to the O.P.)

10. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

I think the real problem is corporations. When they were allowed to become "people" that screwed the pooch.

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Here is a unique POV as to why US economy went into recession, that makes some sense to me. Watch this:
    http://www.insidersstrategygroup.co...034&s=516880&u=40779324&l=331575&g=191&r=Milo

Basic point is that when the baby boomers stopped working their stream of tax deferred investments into IRAs etc. stopped - I.e. the number of buyer of stocks etc. dropped with every passing year.

And on 1 July 2016, it gets worse: the first of the baby boomer will be turning 70.5 years old – i.e. they will be required by law to sell part of their tax-deferred investment. Thus, not only are they not feeding tax deferred money into their retirement plans but they MUST start taking money from them.

I will use my self as an example: I retired early by normal standards (age 55) as I had more money than I would need and wanted to move to Brazil, mainly to live with the beautiful, smart Ph.D., university professor I met during a vacation in Mexico.* (I also thought, correctly it has turned out, that Brazil's economic future would be better than that of the US - I wanted / needed to get dollars out and into a currency that was appreciating on the dollar before the crowd realized that was the thing to do.)

So well ahead of the first baby boomers I stopped putting money into tax-deferred plans (I had done the max the law would allow for 30 years.). Also when turning 70.5 quite a few years ago, I began to take the RMDs out for the first time.

Thus if the POV of the above link is correct - I started the US collapse, not GWB whom I have been blaming! Sorry about that folks.

PS at end of link he will try to sell you his IRA book. There is nothing in it I have not already done: I.e. declare your grand children as your beneficiaries. That will allow the funds to continue tax-free growing until they turn 70.5 (if laws remain as they now are). Furthermore (and he failed to mention) you can avoid having the youngest forced to take larger RMD every year based on the life expectancy of the oldest by "splitting them" - get advice on how to.

*God only knows why she wanted to live with me but she did - I have been living in her apartment ever since.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  12. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

You should know that everyone has been blaming the Baby Boomers in general - both conservatives like Bush, and hippies-turned-craven-yuppies as well - for years now. Your generation was handed everything on a silver platter and then turned around and fucked everyone else in the ass.

The silver lining to the housing crash was that the idiot Boomer plan for retirement (bid up housing to the point that nobody can afford it any more, and then somehow sell it all to one another to pay for retirement) has blown up in their faces before they can retire, and now most will have to work well into their 70's just to be able to afford to eat cat food during their very brief retirements. Now if we can just get rid of Social Security and Medicare, we might finally get to enjoy the well-deserved spectacle of elderly Boomers starving to death in the streets.

13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Guilty, as charged but personally I was atypical - a saver and investor living on small part of my salary.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yikes. And then there's the European Union, the old USSR, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, the Dominican Republic, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Swiss Confederation . . . who woulda thought that none of them actually exist?

15. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

The downward sloping line is the "real problem"

It is now below 50% (at ~45%) yet some how Joe Americans must buy / support the 67% "consumer economy." Joe has been trying - for years spending more than he earned but now the banks won't lend more, his credit cards (all 14 of them) are maxed out, etc.

If you think things are getting better (or soon will) instead of the "inevitable depression" I predicted many years ago would quickly follow the run on the dollar. (That come on or before Halloween 2014) think about what the graph below means / is telling you about the near term future:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
  16. Luis A.C.ROMANELLI Don´t forget using mind ! ! ! Registered Senior Member

The idea dosn`t have a bad intention so...

...the real cuestion is THE UNIFICATION OF THE WORLD with a leader central
    ...ship that must not be the CAPITALS $$$ or any religion ! ! !
    .....................HAVE A NICE DAY

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Your English isn't bad, it's terrible. As a matter of fact, next time I meet someone that complains that someone else has bad English I will use you to set the bar for the example.

I hate to break it to you, but lets face it, America is the most powerful country in the world. That's a fact.

Yes I know how everyone else here will answer this by giving examples of the economy in a downwards spiral, how the military is over budget, blah blah blah.

But the fact is that even with all these problems the US could still kick any other country to the curb militarily, economically, or politically. The enemies they can't beat quantity wise they can beat quality wise and the ones they cant beat quality wise they can beat quantity wise.

So to say the US is nobody or no one must mean that you've been living under the most dense rock ever discovered.

The US is a powerhouse, and it has been for decades.

18. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Certainly last sentence is true, but I have my doubts about the others, especially the relative economic might, soon anyway, of US and China.

In hot war the US could surely send China back into near stone age conditions, but doing so would put the US back into the middle ages.

You know the US Navy advised about a year ago that China has tested and appears to have operational an IBM that is not ballistic in its terminal reentry stage but uses some sort of pattern recognition and guidance to hit even a US carrier in fast maneuvers from up to 1800 miles from the launch point, don't you? (They know where US carriers are at all times, mainly from satellite observations - even synthetic aperture radars that see thru clouds etc. and give low resolution pictures of the ships. BTW, China & Brazil have now their joint third Earth resources satellite, which the US has even used data from for a few months when one of theirs malfunctioned.)

China has destroyed an orbiting Earth satellite by ground launched missile, has twice now orbited the moon for months with moon survey satellites, picking their manned moon lander sites while doing other scientific research. About a month ago, the second part of China's to be manned space station automatically docked with the first. For nearly a year China had the world's most powerful computer, but Japan has bumped them down to No2 now. And of course China has had nuclear ICBMs for more than a decade.

As a hot war would destroy both China and the US, I don't think there will be one. I do think China is clearly winning the only type war that makes any sense - an economic one. IMO, that war started more than a decade ago.

You should look here for more on how China is planning to destroy the US dollar (if it has not already collapsed):
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2864998&postcount=477 especially this paragraph:

" As I posted some years ago, I think China will back its bonds with gold (for central banks only) to destroy the Dollar as the world's preferred reserve currency when that will be to China's economic advantage. Few central banks will actually ask for gold, which cost to store, instead of hold interest paying bonds -just as is the case now." Only because the dollar is the current world reserve currency is the US able to buy oil etc. that it needs and pay with printed paper. China wants that position and has been working diligently for more than a decade to take it. "

To understand (as much as any Westerner can) the psychological reason* why China wants to destroy the West, see: http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2668027&postcount=358 and these three footnote from post 360, (two posts later than 358):

".. * This shift to a domestic economy trading mainly with Asia (and suppliers of raw material, energy & food stocks, such as Brazil) plus the spending down of dollar reserves in purchases** and long-term import contracts,*** will get China to the point that the every year saving on imports cost (with US & EU in history's "greatest depression") will more than compensate for the ONE TIME loss as they dump US bonds to destroy the dollar -making the "Greatest Depression" for the west. If you think China would not want to do that, read post 358 to understand that destroying the West is at least a century old Chinese desire.

** more than half a trillion dollars for 245 new nuclear power plants is one of the bigger buys, which makes a big dent in dollar reserves held.

*** Such as 10 billion dollars paid to PertroBras a few years ago for 200,000 barrels of oil / day for next 20 years. - A smart move by China as that is less than half the current price of oil and probably less than 10% of the price the US must pay 20 years from now but US is broke and does not have funds to lock in low cost oil now for future delivery.
    "... The nearly 1 million Chinese workers {now in Africa building hydroPower dams etc.} are helping to build infrastructure projects, will not only secure access to natural resources for China but also improve the quality of life for Africans. ..." This final quote from: http://www.forbes.com/2011/01/05/chi...ily_newsletter ..."

*In additions to the economic advantage of US and EU being in deep depression so they are not bidding against China for oil, food stocks, minerals, etc. Now China has only a relatively shrinking 8% of its trade with the US - China does not really need the US any more, but US would collapse if China sold its Treasury bonds in less than one year and did not finance US deficits.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  19. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

When we're being formal, we call our country the U.S.A. or just the U.S. The Hungarians have no problem with this, they've turned it into an acronym and pronounce it OO-sha.

When we're not being formal, we call it America. People in many other countries do too. It causes virtually no ambiguity, because no other country calls itself America. And, contrary to Yo-Yo's implication, the two continents of the Western Hemisphere and their associated islands are NOT referred to as "America." They are called the Americas.

Even the people in Latin America generally refer to us either as americanos or norteamericanos, "North Americans." They don't refer to the whole upper continent as "North America," just the northern part. The rest of it is "Central America." Mexico (its full legal name is los Estados Unidos Mexicanos or "the United Mexican States") is a bit schizophrenic, but since they agreed to join NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement, a plot to put Mexican farmers out of business so all their workers would come here and we could bitch about them), they have tacitly agreed to call themselves part of North America along with us and Canada.

There's no problem, so no solution is needed.

And nobody had better complain about it, or we'll send in the troops and bring freedom and democracy to your country next!

20. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

bota uma dentadura no cu e ri pro caralho

21. Luis A.C.ROMANELLI Don´t forget using mind ! ! ! Registered Senior Member

The cuestion of a NAME for USA was a nice theme...

...y wanted to talk in the forum about something for your interest and
    .........in this days the idea is still something interesting to talk about ! ! !
    .................................NAVE A NICE DAY
    Note : Don`t forget tha`t more a joke that somethig serios or real ! ! !

22. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

But legalistically in the past haven’t American states been run like autonomous kingdoms?
    Wasn’t the US Civil War really all about States Vs Federal government rights?
    Moreover, is “The United States of America,” legitimate?

Wasn’t American War of Independence really just an excuse for tax dodging.
    If the British hadn’t sent and expeditionary force to fight off French imperialism in America you’d all be eating slug filled croissants now and doing Faire la bise like a bunch of sissy's.

So what happens? Poor old mad King George the 3rd puts up the taxes to pay for this war after the frogs are beaten. So when their pockets are felt this well-known nation of shopkeeper’s starts a rebellion.

Maybe you have heard the slogan, “No taxation without representation.” But do you realise that no Congressional demand for this constitutional development was sent to Westminster by any American politician.

So QED, America should be called: The Hegemony of the United States of America.
    Alternatively, The Empire of Cthulhu’s Minions of Avarice. Which rather makes is sound more interesting than it is.
    And I'm sure Lovecrafts, estate would have something to say about it. :bugeye:

23. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I dunno, I think we're closer to Vogons.

At Varda: did you tell us to bite your boot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.