The racism of dening Israel's right to exist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by To Post It Up, Dec 17, 2006.

1. broadandbeaver 'Now I am become Death Registered Senior Member

This should be the one and only aim of the two sides in the conflict. To find a way to live in peace without one attempting to subjugate the other.

I too long for the day when we the talk from that part of the world has nothing to do with death and destruction.

If not sooner or later there's gonna be no one left to fight.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

Which translated means that they haven't actually lived there for thousands of years and we purloined a significant amount of land from the previous inhabitants.
    It is scarcely racist to suggest that any particular ethnic group does not possess the automatic right to self-determination. Suggesting, for example, that the Tamils or Irish Catholics should have the right to self-government are not claims that should be accepted a priori. There are more Christians in the ME than there are Jews, yet I haven't heard anyone suggest that they deserve a homeland of their own.

Naturally, there aren't any fanatical idiots on the Israeli side, are there?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. otheadp Banned Banned

the Tamils or the Irish do not concern me. but in principle, i have no right to say that Tamils don't deserve their own nation.

because:
    - why not?
    - who am i, as an outsider, to say this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

but you know what else is unjust? (i cant call it racist, but it's some sort of hate towards a group)

the "Palestinian" refugees from 1948 and 1967 wars... they were not given any rights in the Arab countries that took them in. the right to get work, to own property, to even rent... they were kept in internment camps (in which they still live to this day!), lest they mix with the local population...
    you'd think that the Arab aggressors would at least do something to aleviate the suffering of the people that they have turned into refugees...