The Psychology of the Single Female, a plausible explanation and analysis??

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Zero, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Zero Banned Banned

Like my quote? As in "because it's wrong"? I think it's correct. Sex really doesn't go deep enough. It's just another thing that comes with the joy, pain, and burden of keeping a relationship afloat. The real reward is the emotional and mental intimacy and the mutual support.

and Chosen, the things that they spend money on are exciting, but they themselves are not exciting at all. they're boring. They are powerful (money = power) but pride, corruption, and boredom cometh with power. I'm not envious at all. Well, it might be cool to be able to pay your bills without even knowing what amount they actually are, but I like my life better. I guess it's all different for each person. You might like all the pizazz that's associated with money, and that's probably your ultimate goal in life and your top priority. I'll say my priorities are different.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Xev - business is not about finding someone who will give you their consent to manipulate them. Business is about finding someone who can benefit you and then making them think that giving their consent is their best option. When it is their best option then it's just a matter of being a decent salesman. When it isn't - that's when it gets truely interesting.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

blah-blah-blah

Yea yea, Tyler, now I want to here *their* definition of what is fun.

I wouldn't be surprised if what they say can be done by most professions.

How many people get to own their own private jets? Attend thousands of meetings over the world? LoL, businessmen (or international business) constantly travel the world...gee...boring?

I'd like to honestly fucking know what "fun" is then?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thanks

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zero Banned Banned

Only fun for the businessman. Different from making that businessman an interesting person to be with.

8. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"How many people get to own their own private jets? Attend thousands of meetings over the world? LoL, businessmen (or international business) constantly travel the world...gee...boring?"

You are in for a saaaaaaad future my friend. You're going to have to find out that (a) unless you have a shit load of money to begin with (or a mid 90s average your last year of high school) you're going to have to do some pathetic little job such as mine (bike building/repair/sales) to get enough money to go to university; (b) you don't get to 'travel all around the world' from day one of your profession, the beginning is MUCH more local, they don't exactly want to waste money on a newbie when they have 40 year olds with experience; (c) There are veeeeeeeeeeery few people who get the Tom Cruise in The Firm-esque lifestyle from business. I'd say (c) is the most important for you to realie. You're young, the same age as me. What I think the difference between you and me is; my dad from the time I was 12 on took me to his work and showed me the city from the slums out. I'd venture to say that you have about as much chance of owning your own jet through being a businessman as I do of playing semipro hockey. That is, very small. Just, please, don't expect to be a multi-millionair. And certainly don't state it, the more people who you tell you think you'll be that unbelievably successful to the more people will not want to hire you. Know that you want to, and can be, the best - don't vocalize it ever.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

Chosen:
    Doing a line of cocaine and a tab of E, then dancing until dawn, stumbling home to take a 7:30am bus when you are still slightly high....

A 10 mile hike in a secluded woods.....

Spending a day with a bottle of Finlandia and cranberry and pinapple juice for Sex on the Beach, simply lying on one's porch in the sun and reading coding manuels.....

Walking alone under the aurora borealis on a storm-battered beach at midnight in the upper peninsula of Michigan.....

Riding a 'cycle through country roads at 3am in the morning, with two hundred pounds of leather and chromium between your legs, at one with your cycle, then stopping to stare at the stars for hours, Beethoven's 9th symphony blasting in your ears.....

Teasing Tiassa and watching in do the cyber-equivalent of frothing at the mouth.....

A nice discussion about philosophy with a brilliant and attractive man....

Running until your legs begin to quiver from exess lactic acid fermentation and you are in so much pain you could scream, and revelling in your ability to excersize this power over yourself....

I could go on and on. None require much money.

Fucking is fun too, now that you mention it.

Tyler:

Yeesh, sounds about as interesting as listening to Hannity and Colmes bicker about Enron.

10. Zero Banned Banned

for me...

Savoring a mug of espresso, whether alone or with the special her...

...or with a cup of green tea...(even better!!)

Walking along a river, listening to the gurgling and whispering...

Writing poems with tears in your eyes...

Playing the flute at 2 am, in a secluded spot, with the moonlight peeking in the room...

Slaving your way to the top of a mountain, and then roaring your triumph at the world, with bloody toes and damp shirt...

Diving to deflect a soccer ball, thus saving your team from losing another goal...

Hugging your cat, or dog...

Snuggling with the special someone under the stars...

Staying up till 5 am to write several hundred lines of code, and then spending the rest of the night on a couch...

I could also go on and on.

11. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

Oh Tyler

Why? I was talking about wealthy businessmen.

My future is planned. My oldest brother already owns a business he can live off of. I will expand that business to my college, then to possible all the other colleges.

Also I plan to get a Type I AFROTC scholarship, which covers my entire tuition and more. So I won't be in debt. From there on I will go into the Air Force as a 1st Liutenant and on to a Captain in 6 months - the only thing is challenge, ambition, and competition. I must really want it, try for it, and prove myself for it.

Yes I know that Tyler. You are almost on the edge of assuming again

Slum you say? I lived in Korea, right Xev?

And trust me, Korea is considered a 3rd World country, so I've seen worse than you.

So umm...where did I state it?

I was just defending the wealthy, they aren't boring, those that say they are, are possibly just jealous or something.

I know it is very small, I don't expect to just roll in and become a millionaire...just like women, I must seek out my errors and improve from them becoming successful. May it be a certain socializing problem to negotiating, etc.

And you, my friend, will not make it big time if you think "trial and error" is the way to go, mostly you are on trial.

I hope you see that, things in life aren't very pretty. It takes a strong person to succeed, one willing to look at themselves and their errors and improving from them, one who always wants to become better and doesn't settle for something less that he knows he can achieve more.

Leaders are not born, they are made.

Casanovas are not born, they are made.

Nothing in life is easy.

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Righty-o. Although I think that the Soulth is making definite progress.

*Smiles*

You will have little time for your DJing, but that will help. Women love a man in uniform.

Zero:
    Those are nice things too.

13. Zero Banned Banned

Chosen, watch it. I have Korean roots.

14. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

Watch what?

Uhh, me too.

Damn hater.

15. Zero Banned Banned

But it is really going well, she's comin'...

16. ndrs The Anti-Cthulhu Registered Senior Member

Fun as for me...
    3 weeks ago.. and yesterday..
    hmm.. no woods in England, but two weeks in future.
    and listening to good old soul.. Today (without the coding manuals)..
    N/A

Year ago, but two weeks in future as well
    Similar 1.5 years ago...
    Similar week ago.. No sexual attraction though - man..

3-4 years ago

Yes.. not much to add..
    I used to love evenings (long time ago) when parents leave house, and I can sit at 3am in the morning doing coding, listening to good trance music, and watching a movie all at the same time.
    don't know about that

Hope you can tell us all about it soon

Edited to correct a tag

Last edited: Aug 5, 2002
  17. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

So??

How's it going with you and her?

18. Zero Banned Banned

Very well, we're getting steamy

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Bloody 'ell Zero, give us details! DETAILS! DETAILS! DETAILS! Tell what's going on, did you take her out or anything? Is she saying she's attracted to you?

20. harrykarry Registered Senior Member

chosen, growing your future is rewarding. but i would skip the business degree and just take as many classes in as many interesting subjects as you want and come up with a philosophy degree or something, especially if you have the business in the bag.

4 out of 5 dentist surveyed agree that it's the degree that counts, not the type of degree. of course take the business classes you feel you need....

it's common to take the first 20 adult years of your life to build your future, then go through a HORENDOUS mid-life crisis allowing the pendulum to swing the other way. if you're lucky you come up with balance.

the alternative degree might help you avoid some of the almost certain pendulum swing your single-minded approach guarantees.

my crystal ball sees you doggedly going for your dream to the exclusion of all else until one day you wake up with nothing that matters.

too many lines of coke or cock can do that too xev.

21. Zero Banned Banned

It's a camp in the middle fo nowhere, I can't take her out anywhere. It's an hour drive to town, and it's also off limits. Dang this camp.

But we went for nice long walks. She's getting less frigid (warmer and warmer exponentially by the minute), and she's revealing more and more of herself. Sure, she still laughs at me, but she seems to feel very comfortable with me now more than ever.

The only problem I fear is the racial gap. She's Caucasian, I'm Oriental. Biiiiiiig gap right there, I say. It's probably been the cause of the other breakups I've experienced. They don't tell me that, of course, they go for the standard "Let's see someone else" and the "Let's just remain friends" bits. But in ordinary language, when they speak of, say, proms, they say "Oriental and Caucasian dancing? Hey, it doesn't work". I only hope this girl is above all that.

22. Zero Banned Banned

If I can only get in a kiss or hug (not counting the half hugs that you actually ask for) it'll be a weeny weeny bit better, since it signifies the "halfway point", sort of. As I said before, I'm not the usual jock guy with no brain. I can hold my own in intelligent conversation with any girl. I'm also artistically inclined. I can at least avoid being a bore.

23. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

Invite her to your room, do daring things. Be adventurous. I get in trouble all the time, women love trouble, a guy that they will have trouble handling...someone who will create drama for them.

You mean laugh *with* you...

She's comfortable with you now? You have two choices, friends or more. You would chose more, take it on a sexual and/or intimate level. Kiss her. Make your move.

Hesitation is just like masturbation, in the end, you're only screwing yourself

Fear will lead to your downfall, so control your fear.

Maybe we are in different locations...but white girls are very attracted to me.

Hmmm..."let's just be friends", did she say that to you already or what?

What's wrong with dancing with white to latin girls? I dance with any girl that is willing to dance.

Sidenote: White people dance weird...(guys that is)

Ask? Don't ask for anything, be demanding and direct. Just hug her out of the blue. Asking for a simple hug sounds very weak.

I say, do a "kiss-close." This would be the opportune time to ask.

"Would you kiss me?" - Look deep into her eyes when you do this.

If she stalls, just tell her: "I never said you could get one anyway" *smile or wink*

Tease her.

If she is willing to kiss, then go for it, you should be able to tell and notice by her body/facial language.

If she says a plain blank, "no" - She doesn't want to kiss you and hit her up with this line.

"You really do know how to ruin a good moment." or "You're no fun!"

Then leave, or do whatever you feel is right.

Anything other than a plain no = she wants to kiss you.

harrykarry:

Thanks for the advice

I plan to major in Law, Corporate Law, and work myself up the ladder or become an entrepreneur.