The perfect Society...

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by NenarTronian, Jun 25, 2002.

1. kmguru Staff Member

Hey, Gifted...since you are the Chaos Lord...

Many years ago, the military was heavy into BPR (Business Process Reengineering). Now I understand, they are into "Complexity and Chaos Theory" and its application into military affairs and by extension the society at large.

Can you shed any light on this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zero Banned Banned

kmguru...that hurt

Aww. That's so sad...waaaaahhhh!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

The status of Chaos Lord is still under development, but a degree in that sort of thing will be required(and I don't have one yet, sorry!).

I also apologize, a reveiw showed that my last idea posted was already posted.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Awaranowski Registered Senior Member

Well to answer your question. If everyone really tried to be good, it wouldn't matter what kind of government was being used. Any kind would work if people really wanted everything to work.

Anarchy - People would respect each other
    Dictatorship - The dicator would be really caring and a good guy. Be really good at his job
    Totalitarianism - The leader would know exactly what people wanted and would serve them
    Democracy - People would not be dumb and make good choices

See what I mean. I think all forms of government would work. Because whoever had the ideas for these governments must have seen something good in them. And if they were used by good people, those good values would be recognized and utilized by the people

8. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

A state of Utopia is completely impossible. People are different, and society is continully changing. If Utopia were possible, it would be different tommorow than it was today. Infact, it would be different every second. It would never stop changing, because the concept of Utopia is changing with the people.

That is if Utopia is even possible. Its relative to every living being. For a poor man it may be wealth, for a minority (wo)man it may be equality, for a Cop it may be infinite doughnuts. Its impossible. Utopia is a state of mind.

If there was no pain and suffering, there would be no pleasure and good, yes? One is opposite of the other, therefore they are the same. Without pain, suffering, and death, we would have no fears. We could possibly kill ourselves without knowing it. The world would be boring, it would be different. I can't begin to fathom at this moment how horrible the world would be if we couldnt feel pain.

9. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I agree with Unregistered. I think Utopia's different for every person. There's just no way to satisfy everyone. Call me a pessimistic bum

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, but hey, it's reality we're dealing with here. Though, if you'd like to enter the super-wacky world of make-belief, I'll join you there on my purple-and-pink polka dot elephant.

10. Popcorn8636 Registered Senior Member

I don't think a Utopia is possible, especially since there's probably not been a day where everybody has gotten along without even the slightest conflict. In fact, I think that things are only going to get worse. Read my thread "Technolgy- Friend or Foe?"

11. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

And remember to pick up popcorn from the concession' stand!

12. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

Isn't it true that once you have something, you will want something else eventually?

I don't think a uptopia can happen because once there is no hate, no pain, no violence there will be something inside ourselves to feel them again. If you started a utopia from scratch, as bring some babies up in the ideal world, then it has a chance of succeeding, but once a person gets a taste of violence, hate, or any other "evil" in the real world, they will have a yearning for it.

But isn't it fun to think about what you can't have?

13. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Just a thought...
    Utopia is when everyone is happy.

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I would not like to live in a utopia. It would give its citizens far too little freedom.

I also think a utopia would be unstable and a forign power would collapse it.

15. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Just think, when we finally get a system that would allow us to send large numbers of people to other systems for a low enough price, people will start again trying ot do this. It might work better, as communications will probably be very slow, and so any society they set up will develop without outside influence. I can see many people founding some place like Gramarye, wouldn't that be cool.

16. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

In a word with no pain hate or sadness, there would be no love happiness or pleasure. We wouldnt know love happiness or pleasure without knowing what the inverse of them are.

A Utopia would be impossible. No one will ever be satisfied.

17. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

Also, its no just one thing that makes people happy. Pain sometimes makes people hapy. Losing makes people happy sometimes.

::shrug::

sorry for double posting

18. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Maybe Utopia's when everyone's dead.

No worries, no pain, no love, no hate. Just blissful nonexistence.

19. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

grrrrrrrr....Plato's New Republic drove me to distraction!!

20. shinobi Junior Member Registered Senior Member

I think the reason that we will never have a utopia is because no political system will ever work. There will always be people who don't respect other people. Those who strive to become leaders are attracted to power and once attained their first goal will be to ensure they keep it. And there will always be dumb people and we will always make poor choices now and then. Democracy does not bestow people with wisdom, it just gives them the right to make mistakes.

21. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

i agree, which is sorta scary... is happiness just lack of pain though?

22. MacZ Caroline Registered Senior Member

It would be like reading a book that has a happy start and middle as well as ending. Totally feel-good and totally boring, especially if you were actually living it as well. Which makes me think... What would anyone have to write about? Would there be any arts?

23. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

Of course there would be.

But they wouldn't be overburdened with messages of pain and suffering or of lessons-learned because everything is perfect and well.

It wouldn't be boring to the people in the society because they are happy with living their life. They don't need to connect with a medium to sort out their emotions.