The pale horse is here

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Saint, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I knew that, actually. Just razzing Saint a little bit.

Write4U likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saint Valued Senior Member

Nothing will exist with order for a specific purpose, not possible for moral purpose.

Mutation is a mechanism of sudden change. Usually mutation in organism is to cause bad effect like cancer cell.
    Your eyes wouldn't mutate to become eagle's eyes to be able to see 800m away.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Quote:
    The fovea at 45 degrees is used to view things at long distances. An eagle can see something the size of a rabbit at more than three miles away.
    I hope evolutionists will tell us how to develop eagle eyes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

See what I mean? Rare.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

You don't need them until you've grown eagle wings.

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Tell me...are you aware that the chance of a single sperm making it to complete it's job is mind boggling slim but nevertheless a chance ... what were the chances of you being born and yet we have intelligence...just not enough to use reason in an arguement. You chance reasoning is invalid.
    The more you look the more you see chance at play...but although chance there are physical laws which tell us that although the chances of something happening, like your birth, may be slim there exist mechanisms that preclude us saying things happen by chance as if there was no machinery in place...you see everything that happened in any evolutionary process although seemingly by chance happens because a specific machinery exists...so nothing is really by chance in the way you want it to sound in a desperate attempt to discredit a well established and well evidenced branch of science, namely evolution...do yourself a favour look for science in a science book not your holy book.
    Alex

9. Saint Valued Senior Member

Evolution can never explain what is consciousness.
    Tell me, a rock has consciousness or not?

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Can the bible tell you what is consciousness?
    Is a rock conscious?Are you conscious?
    Alex

11. Saint Valued Senior Member

Bible says GOD who is a living God, with the essence of holiness,intelligence,omnipotent, omniscience, righteousness, and He is a Spirit which transcend space-time and materials (whatever created by him), and God created humans, breath life into them, to become a living thing with his "image" (means look like God in certain aspect, but not God).
    So, human is like God but inferior to God.
    Lucifer tried to sit above God, to take the position of God, this is rebellion, and he became Satan, devil.

12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Again, because I'm sure I have posted my following stuff before

What is the big deal with consciousness?

Compare your mobile phone with your body

Both have a variety of inputs and produce a variety of outputs

With regards to consciousness it is a loop in the body system not present in the mobile phone

In ADDITION to being aware of external sensory inputs the body has a AWARENESS that it has a AWARENESS from said AWARENESS feed a loop back to itself

Is that so hard to understand?

CONSCIOUSNESS
    • the condition of being the normal state of being awake and able to understand what is happening around you
    One result from Miriam-Webster which has a couple of additional notes

So a person who is awake and alert and knows they are awake and alert to what is happening around them has a PROCESS of CONSCIOUSNESS happening in their brain

It is dependent on the amount of PROCESSING power the brain can devote to the incoming data coupled with UNDERSTANDING

Give a ant brain enough processing power and a ant brain will be able to UNDERSTAND the Universe and become CONSCIOUS and have CONSCIOUSNESS

So Evolution can never explain what is consciousness. is poor logic because evolution does not have any responsibilities let alone explanatory responsibilities

Perhaps The PROCESS of Evolution can never explain what is consciousness would a better statement (claim)

That is countered with - the process of evolution has given brain enough processing power such that CONSCIOUSNESS (alertness and understanding) can occur

I will grant you while evolution has given brain exceptional processing power, evolution has NOT coupled the ability to make exceptional use of said exceptional processing power (to THINK)

so sad

Tell me, a rock has consciousness or not?

Seriously? Please read below and use the incredible grey porrage coloured biochemical brain within your skull and work out the answer

I will grant you while evolution has given brain exceptional processing power, evolution has NOT coupled the ability to make exceptional use of said exceptional processing power (to THINK)

so sad

Point made so so sad

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  13. Write4U Valued Senior Member

If I were a bird of prey my eyes would evolve to see 800 m away. And if humans were tracking animals they would have evolved a sense of smell like bloodhounds.
    Humans are probably the least sensory evolved of all mammals. Every wild animal can outdo us in specific sensory or physical skills.

Our mutated oversize brain makes up for the lack of naturally evolved excellences in all living mammals.

14. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I'm the best God you will ever know--a return to nature, the end of disease, and vacation time in Heaven...or Eden.

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Only when used properly

A key point to conscenessness is UNDERSTANDING

Without understanding, no matter the complexity of the brain, the human who has a non understanding brain is never going to be more INFORMED about reality

Write4U likes this.
  16. billvon Valued Senior Member

99% of the time, yes. 1% of the time it is a no-effect or a good change.
    If, over time, the people with the best eyes survived and the people with average or poor eyes died - then yes, you would see exactly that.
    Put people in an environment where unless they can see things REALLY well they will die. Easy.

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Ants ARE conscious. They communicate albeit by chemical words, but they understand each other.
    Quasi-consciousness is already present in bacteria and it has a name, "quorum sensing".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_sensing

This may be compared to Macroscopic quantumphenomena

Fig.1 left: only one particle; usually the small box is empty. However, there is a certain chance that the particle is in the box. This chance is given by Eq.(3). Middle: a few particles. There are usually some particles in the box. We can define an average, but the actual number of particles in the box has large fluctuations around this average. Right: small number of particles of total particles. The fluctuations around the average are small.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroscopic_quantum_phenomena

Clearly, this suggests that quorum sensing is related to macro quantum mechanics. When density reaches a threshold, bacterial chemical sensory abilities are stimulated and they become virulent all at the same time, i.e. quorum sensing, a quasi-consciousness?

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I understand that

Psst I was trying to keep it simple here, work with me

Uhm cough cough

I talking about a bigger more complex brain

Write4U likes this.
  19. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And uncle Dave will win the lottery every month and have 40 virgins at his side and never get tired and never need sleep for eternity. It's a party but only 144,000 are allowed in. No gate crashing allowed.

Does that number 144,000 not seem strange. In all this time of really good and pious people dying, heaven is not yet filled up? In all of history there have not been 144,000 souls worthy to enter?
    AFAIK, heaven is full and we just came late to the party. Oh wait, there is one in the next block, it's hosted by the devil and all are welcome.....

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Retirement. Personally, virgins wouldn't be my first choice.

21. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

And you know this because....

Alex

22. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Stop sitting on your hands and get rid of the virus you lallygagger.
    Alex

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

That's why I gave you Trump and a twelve hundred dollar pay raise. Whoops! you are from down under, right?