The Outer Guru

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by genep, Aug 15, 2007.

1. genep Guest

The “Outer” Guru
    On all levels of Advaita the “Outer Guru” appears to always have the same characteristics. During Ages when spirituality ruled the material-world these characteristics were Self-evident. But in times when the appearance-of-matter, “Matter,” dominates our every day life these characteristics make little sense. That is, until Modern Physics came along to help movies explain why the Outer Guru needs these strange characteristics that lead to: BEING the SELF, “Self-realization.”
    Rule 1: The Outer Guru cannot be sought. This is because the Outer Guru shows up miraculously/magically on ITS schedule and not ours. This is an absolute. So much so that seeking our Outer Guru has to be an exercise in futility: Because the Inner Guru will project the Outer Guru when the time is right: usually when it is least expected; totally unpredictably. Again: in material-times it sounds surreal , until Modern Physics came along to explain it.
    Rule 2: The touch/hit of the Outer Guru throws the person into Samadhi that “makes” the person literally “into the SELF” Self-realized, Awake.
    Rule 2 needs explaining: Samadhi and its manifestation to thoughts, kundalini, can literally explode anytime, ALWAYS utterly unpredictably (i.e. by definition we cannot control it). Literally anything can appear to trigger it, even meditation. Any type of person can trigger it, even a street-person, Mast; a mountain can trigger it (Ramana) or an image, painting, or Icon or Relic can trigger it, even a place like a church or prison can (appear to) trigger it.
    But without an Outer-guru the material-world, “Matter,” makes this Samadhi/kundalini a mental-disease in which the kundalini makes the person go psychotic – in literally every sense of the word. Unless an Outer-guru triggers this Samadhi/kundalini it is just a mental-disease that needs CPR or drugs and perhaps even operations, like a lobotomy, or electro-shock ECT therapy to bring the psychotic back to “Matter.”

Physics and movies and the Outer-guru.

In Physics the Inner Guru is the Unified Field, the Quantum-gap. In Physics particles appear to come and go on/through this Quantum-gap but it has to all be appearance: because particles can NEVER EVER enter the Quantum-gap.
    There is nothing subtle about this NEVER-EVER: if just one particle entered the quantum-gap it would vanish the whole Universe. If this sounds surreal then it is no more surreal than if a Second could enter the Now – then that Second would also vanish the same Universe. Particles can NEVER-EVER enter the Quantum-gap exactly the same way particles-photons/light appear to come and go on the movie-screen without ever entering the movie-screen.
    The mind and its body is what Physics tells us we are, particles. Particles that appear to come and go but it is all appearance, just like characters on the movie-screen are just appearance.
    So when our bodies go seeking the Outer-guru it is all appearances – we appear to be doing it on the movie-screen that in Advaita is the SELF/Atman, Samadhi. It is the movie-screen/SELF that determines when the movie-screen projects the Outer-guru onto the screen and not the imaginary character, the seeker, that just appears on the movie-screen. This is because particles cannot control themselves let alone the quantum-gap so too with the movie-screen, SELF.
    So much so that if we determine who the Outer-guru is then it has to be fake. When the Self projects its outer-Guru then all sorts of magic, will make it obvious that IT -- and not-I -- determines the Outer-guru; and Samadhi will make it utterly Obvious, SELF-evident -- that we had nothing to do with finding this Outer Guru, because WE ARE IT, SELF.
    We may have to go to the ends of the Earth to seek this guru, but it is all appearances, just a part of the movie we call life, until the movie-screen, SELF, projects itself to make us into the SELF, Samadhi, Atman, Physics' Unified Field.
    -- Really, Reality.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I loved this.

Just one thing, You say that without an Outer-Guru, the Samadhi/kundalini could drive you mad. And I agree, but from my understanding, kundalini does not necessarily imply Samadhi. In fact, Samadhi could never drive you mad, on the other hand kundalini does appear to have that characteristic.

Samadhi is to act with awareness, it means that everything you do, being aware of your own self is Samadhi, or an illusion of Samadhi; but being aware could never drive you mad.
    But kundalini is the life energy within and outside us, that is all around; if this life energy is canalized incorrectly (Samsara) it could drive to mental illness.

So the conjunction of Samadhi with Kundalini would be the act of being aware of kundalini, and canalize it with awareness to a higher state of conscience. This is Samadhi/Kundalini, how could Samadhi ever drive you mad?

On the other hand, I understand how kundalini/Samsara could drive you mad, it is perfectly feasible and I´m sure it happens very commonly. As a matter of fact, the rise of kundalini in the state of Samsara will most probably drive you mad.

I understand the approach to quantum physics that you are talking about; and it does imply that when you are ready (inner-guru) then the outer-guru will appear as an illusion of your inner-guru. But you also said that without the influence of the outer-guru, then you would probably go mad. This is an important aspect from my understanding, because I think you could reach Samsara in aloneness; and the influence of the outer-guru could be anything from the external world that triggers your inner-guru to come to the surface.

Am I making any sense? Could you please elaborate on the relation of the outer-guru with going mad?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cortex_Colossus Banned Banned

deleted post

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. genep Guest

Kundalini: The manifestation of Samadhi to thoughts, mind.

Samadhi is the Thoughtless-silence of dreamless-sleep, otherwise, also Death.
    Everything else is thoughts, fiction. Samadhi is Physics' Now, the quantum-gap, the Unified Field.
    The Universe and the body is just a part of the totality of thoughts called the mind. Samadhi is the movie-screen on which the mind plays its role.

The separation of the body from the rest of the universe is just thoughts, fiction.
    The mind is the totality of thoughts that includes everything in the universe -- everything on life's movie-screen, Samadhi.

Kundalini is just the manifestation of this Samadhi (Now, the Unified Field , Atman) to thoughts, ie the mind/body.
    In a movie Kundalini would be like a light shining onto the movie-screen
    so that the movie (life) loses its values, images, definition.

When Samadhi manifests itself to thoughts in different dilutions and dynamics called Kundalini then it makes thoughts (the images on the movie-screen) “malfunction.” According to society/Medicine and its religions this malfunction defines literally every mental disease in doctors' text books: from the depths of (apparent) depression to the heights of manic I-am-God insanity.

Kundalini makes thoughts malfunction so they simply do not matter ... just like in a dream things do not matter... Kundalini makes thoughts not-matter so that life turns into what it is: a dream/hallucination that society and religion conditions us to take as being “real.”
    The Outer-guru is there to sort of tell you to ignore society and its doctors because Kundalini is not making you mad because it is making you just like him: far-far beyond your wildest dreams: Awake, Enlightened, SELF-realized.

-- really, Reality

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007