The One, Love Thread

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by kx000, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Whats up playas. Im new to this forum, im knowledge91, this is my first thread. Anyways, I was currious to what you guys think about love. Do you guys believe there is ONE person out there for everyone? What is love? Ever been in it? In America theres about a 50% divorce rate, is that divorce rate just normal for humans, or is it because of our fucked up media? Is manogamy logical?

I want to share a personal story. SO theres this girl, last night I addmited to myself she is the one, THE ONE. I have only hooked up with her one time, and I have known her maybe for 3 months. Me admitting my love, to myself, for her comes after her calling me pathetic, ugly, and now she won't even talk to me. Why you ask.. beats the hell out of me. Shes a perfect physical match for me, im only happy when she's around in this day, she smiles when ever something comes out of my mouth, I think I love her guys, its the only thing that maters to me. What if she doesn't love me back? Does that mean love isn't an absolute truth?

Im not sure this belongs here, I'd just like some opinions. NOw that we've met the thought of her not being in my life is unbarable even if its only as a friend. If nothing else just keep this in your thoughts any prays, Id truly truly truly appreciate it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Welcome aboard, good to have another inmate!

1. Love stinks.

2. Perhaps but I'm always on the lookout for many more.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

3. Love is blind. You don't see reality and are only delusional when you are in "love".

4. Yes, and I don't want to be afflicted with it ever again. I love nature now, it can't hurt me as much as love did.

5. Divorce is normal, both women and men fall in and out of love many times during their lifetimes.

6. Monogamy is natural when you live in a society that makes laws that tell you it is.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

There is Magic in the air when it is meant to be . I say this from personal experience . The skies parted and comets flew close to the earth , Songs on the radio spoke of the union . I don't know if I was blinded by love or if it truly was meant to be . I tend to think it was meant to be cause our love child is going to save the planet. Most People loose the romance once the thrill is gone and reality sets in ( big fart blows out her/his ass). That is the most common . Not so when it is meant to be . Partners will except each others flaws ans still hold there love close to there heart .

O.K. now you . It don't sound like she is the one . It sounds like a Persephone trap to Me . A Lilith romance were the life is sucked out of you by emotional vampireism. If you where smart it is my opinion to distance your self from this woman . I could be wrong , but if she is making you think small of your self , right there that is not a good sign

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Thats where your wrong, she doesn't make me feel small, she makes me feel.. everything. Thanks man, after reading that im more confident now my feelings for her are true, and that she shares them. I can have any girl I want, literally, but she's the only one who gives me reason to feel, as painful as it is Im going to keep going after her until she lets me in, or slaps me, but Im not down to chill in limbo.

8. yaracuy Banned Banned

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

What is so great about her , You get to know her real personality once you live with her for 6 months

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

People will change and do change quite allot during a marriage. You'll never know when your mate will one day just leave you behind and never look back, it happens all the time.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Why is this in Biology & Genetics?
    Start a blog or something.

11. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Hehe yeah... I was thinking we should take bets on how many posts he'll make before he gets himself banned.

No but really, knowledge, welcome to the forum, but this is a science forum, not a blog. If you need advice on your relationship issues or love life, I suggest you talk to an elder, or see a therapist.

12. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Mod note: thread moved to About the Members

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Should really have been moved to about the members

New dude, I have an advice for you from the bottom of my heart: There is no such thing as "the one".
    You will never find someone who is perfect for you, and to whom you are perfect. That's for teen movies. It's not what love is about.

Acknowledging the differences and imperfections and still wanting to be with that person anyway is closer to an adult, pragmatic description of love. Relationships usually take a lot of tolerance and understanding and trust. If every time something doesn't click you just think that she isn't "the one" and break it off, you'll end up alone and miserable.

Also, who the fuck says "playas". Fuck off n00b.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  14. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Oh yeah, its a science forum, a sciiiiiiience forummm. Look around, see how much sciiiiience is going on around here.

15. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Fuck you too dude. Playas, say playa, bitch. Ok, were past it. We both said things we didn't mean, and were both sorry.

If you don't believe in the one, then you will never find it. But, I can tell you with 100% confidence, there is a perfect genetic match.. for some, and I am lucky, I have one, I found her, and I found her young. WE will live a very happy life.

16. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Hmm...So you feel more strongly for her AFTER she treats you like crap?
    No, dude. You probably can't get her, you really don't want her...and on the off chance you do get her, she is gonna wreck your life so freakin' bad that five years later, you could well be all like "What the hell hit me?"

Tire tracks all across your back, kiddo.

Varda's totally right about this...
    Even if the fuse on V's tampon is always smokin'.

Can y'all be nice? Name-calling bothers me.

Can't everybody...please..just ...just all get along???

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  17. Rav Valued Senior Member

You're in love, and while it's one of the most powerful spells you'll likely ever find yourself under, it's not real love. Sure, people call it true love, destiny, and use terms like soul mate and "the one", but that's exactly the sort of thing a person typically would say when they are pumped up on natural opiates and hormones. Right now you are as high as a kite and you wont be seeing things clearly until you lose a little altitude. I could offer you some advice, but you wont listen to me. You can't.

Such is romantic infatuation.

18. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I've had very little experience with it being mutual, but I felt it strongly for someone years ago. So I'd say it's real yes.

I think that there's one person for that deepest part of ourselves yes, but few are aware of it or understand it.

It's very easy for me to answer with my definition, love is when you don't see anything but the person and that is who you want to be with. So whether they're rich, poor, sick, etc.

Yes but she didn't feel the same way I was labeled a friend and when I refused to let her emotionally leech off me she became angry, eventually I cut all ties with her.

I really feel it's because nobody is in touch with that deeper part of who they are, without having friends around / television / or even a job. If we dropped everyone off on an island alone you can definitely bet after 4 years they'd KNOW who they all are (requires them to be alone the entire time).

I think it is logical when someone feels deeply about another, mostly society has brainwashed everyone to think random sex is fine but IMO it's not. And yet women do it all the time for various reasons. A band member told me he got laid after playing a gig for no other reason, the girls just screwed them without knowing them.

My experience proves she will not feel the same way and also won't ever understand why you love her etc. Sorry :L

My over-all experience with women is that most will dump you after getting what they want, which varies from each to each. However this is America we're talking about perhaps other countries are better.

19. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

This last part is questionable . A little bit to cynical, boarder line sexist.

The American Woman may be freer in her sexuality than other countries . I don't know ? I don't get out much . Maybe french girls are a lot fun too ? That is the rumor on the streets

20. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

lol, I hope you're around in a couple of months to tell me I was right. I've only heard your kind of story about a million times.

btw happily married for 4 years.

btw up your piss hole.

21. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

haha, haven't heard this one before.

lol nope

22. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

How did the Frenchwoman hold her liquor?

By the ears!!!

23. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

with the exception of the somantics ('perfect for you' is different than 'whom is perfect') i agree..sure a person can seem perfect in the begining of a relationship, but the true test is if you can still love them when you find out that they are just as screwed up as you..and the term 'love' in context means an action, not a feeling, my sister has been married to the same guy since she was 16 (she is one year older than me), they both tell me that they haven't always felt 'love' for one another, but they do say it is a cycle, so either state is not permanent. I have heard this from other long term marriages also,
    if you just focus on how you feel with her (not saying this is unimportant) you miss the other considerations..IE..

Mental
    does she challenge you intellectually? (does she help you think about things you normally wouldn't/couldn't think about)
    or does she just tell you what you want to hear?

Emotional
    this is where the feeling plays..honesty is the best policy..
    without it..its just physical

Physical
    um..just don't mistake this for 'love'..

Spiritual
    I will leave this to your own opinions..(it comes with time and honesty.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.