The narcissistic comeback

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Universal Isolation, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Universal Isolation Registered Member

Yeah yeah, this is probably Cesspool material. I still get the drift.

That's right, I said "still". I've made a comeback. I was here when being here was still kool.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm just kidding... Sorta.

I know you all missed me, pined for me, hoped I'd someday return – or so you did in my dreams. I know you didn't miss me. Well, a select few of you may have; as for the rest of you, you may have been annoyed by me, and you may very well dislike me. And that's fine. I know I have friends here, so my reputation is meaningless to me.

I would tell you who I am. I would make a post merely saying "Yeah, it's me. I'm back. Did you miss me?" But what's the fun in that? I think we would all derive much pleasure from you having to guess who I am. Or maybe not. But it's my comeback thread, and I'm doing it my way.

If you're willing to play, then great. If not, oh well, your loss. I'll give you just two hints:

:- I had a defining characteristic while I was here, but I've changed since then.
    :- My old username is not in modern English.

I'll return to my old account once someone has guessed my true identity. But you have to show me that you're making an educated guess – not a mere shot in the dark. And as far as hints, this is as specific as I'll get. So nyeh.

Good luck my fellow SFers! Yours truly,

— [Write name here]

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Meanwhile Banned Banned

Yeah, I was just thinking what this place reminds me of now -- have you ever returned to that fabulous club from a few years back when anybody who was someone had to be there? And now the place is turned into its ghost?

Anyway, your writing style might give you away. I'll keep an eye opened. So far, I noted, "just kidding".

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Wulfie, is that you?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I'm certain you're female.

8. Roman Banned Banned

I'm practically positive it's Athelwulf.

1. I saw him on earlier today.
    2. Y'er, or something
    3. Athelwulf, part of his conlang

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

And the prize goes to Roman for being the most observant boy in class.

Yup. Now that you mention it.
    Definitely Athelwulf.

10. Universal Isolation Registered Member

That's sorta how I feel about SF now. I mean, it wasn't totally amazing way back when, but it was a good way to waste my time.

That's a good idea, comparing writing styles. You're a thinker. I like that.

11. Roman Banned Banned

Is 2 years ago really way back then? I still feel relatively new to these forums.

The ol' timers have been here twice that long.

Maybe it's not our Wulfie?

12. Universal Isolation Registered Member

How definitely? :bugeye:

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Definitely been around since after the Cesspool was formed. And that was only a year ago or so.
    Matter of fact. It was a cesspool thread that lured in our boy Wulfie.

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I've been here almost five years. The only other regulars who haven't left (that I'm aware of) are:
    1) Porfiry
    2) Tiassa
    3) Xev (she still here?)

15. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Y'er sayin' y'er not?

16. Roman Banned Banned

The two I noticed who have been here for 5 years, Xerxes, were you and Pete.

17. Universal Isolation Registered Member

I'm not saying anything until you tell me how you can so readily and resolutely make the claim.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Ooh, an emoticon. I was glancing through some of his old posts, and he sure does love *emoting*.

And little smileys

19. Roman Banned Banned

That practically seals it.

Welcome back old chap!

20. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

This thread survived barely an hour, amazing.

21. Universal Isolation Registered Member

Well I guess Roman really does deserve that prize for Most Observant Boy...

I'm not sure what to think about this. I figured it would take a whole lot longer for someone to guess. I guess not everyone has been reduced to the flaming dribble that I've seen in a disproportionate number of posts here. Seriously guys, what happened here? Why is it suddenly a flamefest here? Or is my memory faulty?

My question to Invert still stands though. The only evidence you seemed to have was Roman's observation, which really could've been a random coincidence if you think about it; so to see you so resolute so quickly was a little jarring.

The perception of time is subjective, I guess. It feels like "way back when" to me because I've had a lot happen in my life since then.

Fuck... I feel so unsatisfied.

But I'll survive, I guess.

22. water the sea Registered Senior Member

"Universal Isolation". This is a happy person. The kind of Starthane Xyzth was.

I don't think it's Athelwulf.

But why say "My old username is not in modern English"? What is this supposed to hint at -- that it is in old English, or that it is in some other language?

23. Roman Banned Banned

So uh, what's gone down in Klamath?