the "n" word

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by sevenblu, Nov 8, 2004.

1. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

Perfect....you stated that "in some places the word is commonly used to identify a black person", why not just call them a black person or identify them solely on the location of where their from/are..

A word can have more than one meaning can it not?? It applies to this word. I don't even curse because it's offensive so I most definately can't or won't say the word nigger....You have to experience our life in order to understand, this can't become a debate...that alone is quite rude in itself....Black people are human...there's no particular category we need to be put in...we simply want to be left alone with our own thoughts and agenda's, you don't have to understand every little thing about everything....being called a nigger is a feeling more than just a word....I get offended if a black person says nigger also because they have also forgot what that feels like...it's true we need to put it behind us but never ever under no circumstances forget how that word came to be. I don't even like being called an African American. I'm not from Africa..never been and don't plan on going anytime soon....I am an eight generation american....as a matter of fact does anyone here even know what the word nigger actually means??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

heh
    wannabe nazis
    whats up with that?
    granpa served with the ss?
    tradition and all that, ja?

hey! a jew! after him!!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Maybe because the term "black person" is already taken by other group of people here?
    And since the africans can be counted on fingers in this country, they have no real claim over the term.
    I call them africans or niggers, so what? They have been called by that name for generations. There is nobody to offend with that name here, and I wouldn't care less for some person living on the other side of the atlantic ocean.
    Besides North America is not in my list of places I'd want to visit. /shudders

Actually, yes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

buljlja suuds, debils!

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

You wouldn't want I report you to the mods, would you?

9. Gustav Banned Banned

lemme think........

It is a Sacred White Duty to follow the Glorious Aryan Fuehrer Path
    For the Race, for the Reich, Heil Hitler!"

Therefore, in the Manner of your ForeFathers...
    Snitch Away
    Baltic Style

10. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

Well if that's the case then everyone in the whole wide world would be niggers and africans....if that works for you then fine....i would prefer earthling or human since that is what I am....

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

hey, whatever suits your thinking, you can call yourself whatever you want

12. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Actually, my grandpa was on the Soviet side, being Jewish.
    I simply have grown to strongly dislike negroes. I dislike them for the same reason I dislike Jews and Arabs. Homo- and bisexuals are fine with me.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

One my grandfather was in the red army, the other was an ss legionare.
    Good they didn't shoot each other.

14. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Ha, that's some good luck!
    I'm not sure my other grandpa served anywhere. He was a Petrov and a drunkard, went to jail, too.

15. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

My great-grandpa, the father of the grandma who married the Petrov, was a devoted commie, also a Jew, from Russia. This side of my family, it appears, came from Greece to Russia and then lived in Latvia for a good century. These were harmless poor prople. I think my grandparents were entitled to some land during the redistribution, but they never claimed anything as they were anxious to move to US. My dad's side, with the grandpa who served in the army, came from Ukraine, but they're also Russians, not Ukrainians (you can see, I'm a thoroughbred commie). My dad served in the army for some month in some remote hole before my grandpa dragged him out of there.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Why were your grandparents so anxious to leave? Well, ok, I understand - Latvia is not the USA, people are poorer here.
    I like this land though.

17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

You like baltic swampland?
    :bugeye:

18. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Well, the pension in Latvia isn't something useful, while the programs in US are at least bearable. The financial crisis with Repsha's currency.... (why is he in gov't?) Besides, they left because their family was here. First, my grandma's sister's son came here, and brought his mother, and then there were some others, and they all dragged half of the family. The other half went to Israel the same way. I have only one uncle left in Latvia, alone (his wife, kids, grandkids went from Israel to Canada). Then, there are my aunt's husband's relatives (farmers, businessmen), and my sis's husband's family. My bro in law is half Latvian.
    Funny, eh?
    See, the Americans value land, and my family could've obtained some in Latvia, but not in US. I think it was fashionable back then to run to US and Israel. And now it isn't anymore. What drives humans: fashion and habit.

I think I'm the first one in the (blood) family to like Latvia for Latvia. My dad still has nostalgia for USSR.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

20. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Ah...
    The region was better off in the hands of Sweden...

21. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

The region is best off on its own, without intervening greed of other nations.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Actually I'm attending a witch trial and burning next week. Poor girl. Her only hope is that maybe the dogs of Dievs or some warriors will save her. The hope is thin though, there will be plenty of Livonic knights there.

23. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I read that; there's no need to reiterate. I don't have exams.