The Most Inspiring Speech Of My Lifetime!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brutus1964, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

The Most Inspiring Speech Of Our Lifetime!

We have witnessed the most inspiring speech from anyone since the great speeches of Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and George Washington. What we heard today was a call for Freedom. Freedom for the World! Freedom for every nation! Freedom for every people! Freedom for all! Freedom for the strong and for the weak! Freedom for the oppressed! Freedom from tyranny and the shackles of government! That is the clarion call that President George W Bush graced the country and the world with on this day. His speech was not just directed to our country and our own concerns, but the welfare of the entire world. This speech should be carved on granite and held atop a high mountain for all eyes to see. The principles espoused this day by our President reiterated the very principles that this country was founded upon. George W. Bush showed the world why we are the beacon of hope. From this day forth our foreign policy is freedom for all, nothing more and nothing less! Thank you President George W. Bush for your wisdom and courage, and may God bless him and this land that we may realize the vision that was so eloquently delivered this great and wonderful day January 20, 2005.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Freedom from the shackles of government? Is he an anarchist?

F*ck that hypocrite. When it was in their interest, they courted Saddam, Pinochet, and Noriega like they do Saudi Arabia (not a democracy) and Pakistan (not a democracy). Oh, yeah, and China (communist).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. -Bob- Insipid Fool Registered Senior Member

Freedom is so awesome. Bush is a freakin genius. I loved his quote:

"Division among free nations is a primary goal of freedoms enemies. The concerted effort of free nations to promote democracy is a prelude to our enemies defeat" -GWB

"We have known divisions, which must be healed to move forward in great purposes and I will strive in good faith to heal them." -GWB

ANd he's all like; "lets not be divided: lets be united and free and defeat the enemies of freedom!"

So he's saying, that people who divide, are bad. Thats just what the terrorists want you stupid dumb fucks! We need to help with Bush to reunite and kill the evildoers.

Your pal Freedom Bob,

"lover of freedom"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. top mosker Ariloulaleelay Registered Senior Member

Bob, if you are insinuating through some sarcastic message that those who divide are not terrorists, I will have to report you to the Department of Homeland Security.

dissent=bad
    conformity=good

These are the first two principles of our democracy!

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Our country was most certainly not founded on the idea of imperialism in the name of democracy.

9. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

What an absurd statement. I suppose wiping out entire Indian tribes to take their land was what freedom was all about back then, eh? And of course, that's MUCH different from what American is doing today.

Manifest Destiny from an American's mouth. May O'Sullivan rest peacefully, he and his damn newspaper.

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Bush is a genius?

I hope you realize that he does not write his speeches.
    As for the speech, it was nothing more than empty platitudes and dull rhetoric that has been esposed a million times in a thousand different ways.
    Not to mention the fact that, judging by his actions, he is a hypoctite of the highest caliber.

11. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Brutus, are you sure you were listening to the speech with a critical ear? Bring freedom to every nation? So far it seems we have trashed Afghanistan and left, and while we were in the area we decided to grab Sadam's oil because who is going to defend him? What friends and allies? (actually that used to be us! Hehe, the perfect crime)

Doesn’t "Spreading freedom" by the bush method mean invading other countries and then getting bogged down in battles with partisan patriots of said nation? Do we have the money or military to actually do that even one more time?

And what is in store for these nations once they are satisfactorily "free"? Will they end up like Bush's vision for America: Government funded religion, abolished public education, cutthroat ‘supply side’ economics that eliminates the middle class and the environment in one stroke?
    Hooray freedom! Freedom is on the march!

12. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Occupation is freedom! For that matter war is peace and ignorance is strength, I hope you liberal wacos can get those common sense ideals through your head.

Freedom as described by Bush is like the supposed freedom that Evangelical Christians believe are threatened in this nation. They complain that they aren't free to force their religion on people in every public venue, and especially their schools, they complain that they aren't free to deny the rights of others just because it goes against their dogma. So too is Bush's freedom nothing more than the freedom to invade any country which has a resource we desire, and the freedom to install our own puppet regime in place of whatever body they were governed prior. But most of all it's the freedom to get away with it scott free without the American people rising up in revolt at the lies you tell and the stories you change, or the main stream press even asking any tough questions.

Bush is all about freedom from accountability, and he sure as hell a mandate for that much, the American people have already made their choice to sigh, slouch down on their sofas and decide that taking back our government would just take away too much valuable TV time.

13. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

To be fair, that Bill O'reilly is quite entertaining. Were you aware that he is both fair AND balanced?

14. -Bob- Insipid Fool Registered Senior Member

You are wrong my friend.

first principle of democracy = freedom

15. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Good point. It's rather like Bush said himself. We did have a moment of accountability, and that was the 2004 election. Ignoring the fact that he's passing the buck on the responsibility for his actions from himself off to the American people, the message was still resoundingly that holding Bush accountable for his actions and those of his administration would probably make them feel more uncomfortable than sticking with the status quo.

Is anyone else laughing at this guy? Was this post a joke or is bob really suffering from reading comprehension deficiency?

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't think we ever claimed to be bringing freedom to the Indians. We just didn't care all that much about them. We were trying to found our own country, and the Indians got in the way. There might be a similar economic reason for invading Iraq, but this freedom rhetoric is laughable.

17. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

See the statement on Manifest Destiny. However you choose to twist it, it's still a rehashing of the same old rhetoric. If you laugh at it now, then you laugh at what your country has esteemed since day one.

18. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Yea!! Brutus, Bruto!! the speeches are written by other people, this pundit got it made, about the only thing he does for himself is wipe is own ass, and even that may be debatable!.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But anyhow let us see the end result of this tyrant, and were it will lead us.
    The world fears for its safety, while this pundit claims to bring freedom. But at least tonight is party night for the guy;

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Godless.

19. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

And we will kill them all to bring them that Freedom! Let the genocide begin!

20. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I'm holding out hope that Brutus was being sarcastic.

21. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

For me, it litterally is the speach at the end of Team America - World Police.
    The one about dicks, pussies and assholes.

22. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

The Speech spoke the truth no matter who delivered it. If Bill Clinton gave that speech I would have stood up and cheered. However, I would probably doubt his sincerity. What gave the speech even more power was that you know George Bush believes every word of it and will see it through to the best of his ability. Love him or hate him you know that when George Bush says something he means it.

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

After that comment, I'm definitely holding out hope that Brutus is being sarcastic.
    After all, we all know that Bush has been completely honest and forth-coming throughout his career thus far. *shakes head*