The most hated bands?????

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by sargentlard, Mar 19, 2003.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Easy to say for someone who probably couldn't rhyme. I suggest you see footage of Biggie small go at the mic freestyle and put out rhymes on the spot that would have taken anyone else days to write.

I wouldn't jump to call them talentless by anymeans. Yes, mainstream rap is less than endearing but there is still terrific rap artists out there. Look past the glossy venier of Platinum jewelry struded productions to realize Rapping is a talented art form with lighting fast rhymes and on the spot coordination of words.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Creed
    nickelback
    smashmouth
    sum41
    linkin park
    Matchbox 20

Actually this is kind of silly because I couldn't honestly say there is a band I like, so i could go on forever.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

sarge,
    Actually, no. But you fuckers are making me sick.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

fountainhed:
    I agree with you that conforming paraded as uniqueness is one of the most disturbing and revolting things in history, however....

1) Simply saying you hate Spears, rap..... or the sorts does not imply that a person considers themselves different or unique.

2) I adore Phish, worship them, and couldn't give two shits about Tool.

3) As mentioned I adore Phish, and my other musical interests range from some classic rock to (mainly) jazz and classical. On that same note, though, despite my main music being Phish, Medeski Martin and Wood, Duke Ellington, Karl Denson, Galactic, Liszt and Berlioz - I would never call myself unique. And I don't think I ever will.

edit to add: I'm seventeen, by the way.

8. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

To sarge, creating rap beat is no sweat. there is only one beat trought the entire song. All one rapper needs to do is press a button on a soundboard and there you are done with half of the song. RAP IS CRAP

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

No one was talking about beats and even on the subject of beats you display utter ignorance. Have you ever actually tried to create beats in a professional studio....it isn't as easy as you think. It all doesn't happen with push of a button like you believe. It is a evolving process of sampling beats and putting them together.

Rap is crap to you because you choose to believe what you want rather than knowing the truth and then forming a judgement. You may not like rap music which is fine but to put it down on the account of ignorance is just plain moronic.

10. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

okay fine, think what you want. So tell me sarge what type of music do you have liking in.

11. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Oh I didn't realise I had already posted on this thread, my bad.
    BTW anal cunt song titles are fucking hilarious
    "I snuck a retard into a sperm bank"
    Thats just pure genius. Pity they are impossible to listen to, I respect them for obviously having an awesome sense of humour but I can't listen to their music, my friends force themselves to listen to anal cunt but why bother really?

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Apprantly with that remark you choose not to think. It's perplexing how you easily put down a whole genre of music for al lthe wrong reasons..because it it "too easy"....you think Linkin Park has trouble putting out those beats and lyrics?.....it is quite easy for them to do.

Right now I am into Bebop and trip hop.

13. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

I know how hard linkin park works will they make their songs. For example "Breaking the habit" took 5 yrs to make. Anyhoo what is Bebop and trip hop

14. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Oh yes, i read the cd booklet too.......5 years for them because they had a mental roadblock.....anyone could generate those songs and put out an album a year.

A form of jazz and trip hop is a form of techno but slow and moody.

15. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Can you name any artists....:bugeye:

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Massive Attack
    Portishead
    Abysis project
    Ikarus (though he is more big beat style)
    Morcheeba

17. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Ehhh, I have heard of Ikarus. Any good songs from the artists above. And how did you hear about these artists

18. Xev Registered Senior Member

Because you, too, can be a trendy little cunt!

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Yeah thats about it. I think many people listen to music for what it stands for or whatever rather than what it sounds like, I'd sooner just read the lyrics and then go listen to some Delta goodrem

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!