The Most Compelling Evidence

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by electrafixtion, Dec 3, 2008.

1. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

They don't go into any depth on either of these points, and to me they seem crucial - perhaps it becuase I'm British and appreciate the significance of Portsmouth as a naval base, but the very first question that cropped up for me when watching the doc was " why don't the navy seem to care?" especially when we consider other 'invasions' of unknown aircraft into a country's airspace and what has happened on those occasions ( i.e the Belgium and Washington flaps), the Royal Navy is behaving in a distinctly atypical way - why?

Well I'm no expert on aeronautics - but poor aerodynamics doesn't stop something from flying - the F117 and B2 being prime examples. They weren't designed with aerodynamic abilities in mind.

I see no reason why scientific scepticism is inapplicable to studying UFOs - indeed its a crying shame that the whole field contains such a great deal of shit and such a paucity of shineola, and the old adage that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof rings true.

I don't want to beleive
    I have to be convinced

ps - you'll like this:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/shame.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Things that somewhat resemble handheld hair driers that's are spinning and moving about the sky don't exactly compare to ANY air craft we presently have.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yep, I know all about UFO Watchdog. Some really good exposes there, some of it though is just plain silly in the sense it's not needed. I will say that I don't HONESTLY agree with you about the quotient amount of shit to gold when it comes to UFO researchers and evidence though.

People like Stanton Friedman, Michio Kaku, Bruce Maccabee, James McDonald, Kevin Randle, Peter Davenport, John Mack, Chris Rutkowski, George Knapp, Richard Dolan, etc. Make for highly credible and competent researchers.

Kinda reminds me of a diametric polarization between "Safe" and "Guilty Until Proven Innocent"

Without fascination and enthusiasm for the uncertain, how few real and marked improvements to sciences and technologies of the past would exist today as triumphs and improvements?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

For starters since they haven't communicated with us we can assume they won't. So what could we possibly learn? There are alines out there? Well of course, the chances otherwise are astronomical, but what i am argueing is that these aren't aliens. So what coudl we possibly learn? You wanna know why the government couldn't care about UFO's? Because we would learn NOTHING we wouldn't find out how to reverse greenhouse gases, stop terrorism, make world peace. We would learn nothing. So if it comes between saving the whales and discovering something that won't help anyone atleast ill help the earth.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

:shrug:

I am beyond flabbergasted.

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Well im sorry dude, but as cool as proving aliens do exist, is it really worth it? I mean atleast now? I can see when we actually can do advanced space travel, but when we can't even make it to our nearest planet, not moon. What difference would it make.

9. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Here you go EF, this is the footage I initially had in mind when you asked what I thought was "some" of the best footage.
    Lol, I can totally relate when he is trying to desrcibe how he was processing events as he first became aware of something out of the ordinary in the sky.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXqWhGYwj1M

And yes, this footage tested.

10. Ripley Valued Senior Member

I'm quite impressed by the Kardashev scale. It puts the impossible into a plausible perspective. Musings have a surface upon which to anchor. Knock-knock on clay, on wood, on stone, on alloy, on water. Knock-knock on air.

Summary:
    • a Type I civilization would use all the energy of a whole planet.
    • a Type II can tap the power sources of a planetary system.
    • a Type III civilization would be an owner of a galaxy’s all resources.
    Furthermore, type's IV and V have been added. They are, like, I mean they could be like, huge.

Oh, there's this:
    Puts things right into perspective.

11. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Stunning! Completely so.

I asked this same question on PCF and received some interesting replies. Have you seen this one Moe?

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/13547/UFO_Fleet_Formation_Filmed_with_Nightvision_Camera/

12. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Yes, this is a fascinating perspective projection in study for what may be various levels of civilized technical evolution based on energy consumption. I first learned about this via Robert O. Dean's UFO Insiders series. What would be REALLY fascinating is to listen to what Nikolai Kardashev himself has to express on the issue. I believe that there were/are several other extremely note worthy Russian scientists that also have contributed greatly to this field of study.

Indeed. One foot outside the cave, in between strides so to speak.

13. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Interesting footage.

On a later note,...I'm not at ease with the whole "type I, type II" civilization categorization...as I see more technologicaly advanced beings utilizing zero point energy/dark matter as their main source of power making the use of "limited" resources unneccessary...just my personal take on it.

14. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Use your imagination: they could teach us advanced space travel.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  15. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

If the footage was tested by Jaime Maussan then its probably not worth a toss - he's a woo woo of the highest order

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/hall4.html

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

Check the post I made, I added the footage I took of a kite. See how the motion is very similar, and how you can't see the strings.

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

only if they talk to us. And considering they haven't before they probably won't until we can find some break through which in all sci fi movies (just as an example im not using as a referance) usually comes in the form of interplanetary travel like being able to move in space for extended distances.

Anyways i can bet you guys 5000 dollars that when the government says there are alines, you guys will say it is a cover up and is a conspiracy.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

For FUCKS sake, those are migratory birds! They exhibit classic bird flight formation, breaking, and re-assembling. BIRDS.

Go outside into NATURE more, and see what is NATURAL before leaping to a paranormal explanation please!

Here's a video I took of Geese flying back to their usual night time lake;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8647012543055384930&hl=en

Note the formation. Now, imagine a similar flock, moving at night, and showing up on an IR camera. (which night vision is).

Dude, you really have to demonstrate some critical thinking. May I ask how good your eyesight is? Are you allowed to drive? Do you require spectacles? Do you have an ocular problems? Because I can't believe you see what I see, and I have to know.

19. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

And electrafixtion has the gall to wonder why I treat his views with contempt. You need a serious dose of gullibility to even think that could be anything other than a flock of birds. Amazing.

20. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

I would highly advise some restraint there kiddo. It's already been examined by numerous individuals that are night vision analysts, and according to them, the objects display far too much luminosity to be birds. Ha!

There s also the issue that birds do not fly back and forth when migrating.

Don't be so ready to pounce. You do yourself discredit. I would expect as much from Oph, but I thought you were starting to get the hang of being genuine.

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

'night vision analysts' no such thing. I know a few guys who use nightvision quite a lot for hunting, and believe me, birds look exactly like that.

That video showed them clearly moving in one direction, so I don't know where you get 'back and forth', but the Geese that fly past near where I live migrate from their nighttime resting place, to a more popular park, where they get spoiled and fed, and back at night, so they do fly 'back and forth'.

You didn't answer my question about your eyesight. I see birds, like I see birds migrate home every night when I'm out walking my dogs, and like the video I linked to, that I took down the local park on my phone camera.

Now, are you trying to tell me the formation, and movement in my vid is significantly different to the one you linked enough to shout UFO?

I see birds. Birds, plain as day. How good is your eyesight?

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

BTW, no comment on the Kite footage I linked to?

Do you not see similar motion, and shape to the other footage?

23. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Man, if you can see the blips peeling off in a different direction, it's not my eyesight in question.

I admit that when I first saw this that it reminded me of geese, but geese don't generally fly off in different directions like that. There is also the fact that they are so clearly defined and luminescent.

What I would like is to see some known footage of geese flying at night taken with night vision. Incidentally, that are assuredly people that analyze military night vision footage.