The Midwest Floods?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Baron Max, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Thousands, tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of American in the midwest have been devastated by the horrendous flooding all through the areas from Minnesota to Michigan to Ohio to Illinois to Missouri to..... The destruction of homes and towns and cities is vast and horrible. Thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands are left homeless and destitute.

Why has there been so little news or any posts about it? Where is the outrage that was so prevalent during the flooding of New Orleans? Even now, years after the New Orleans disaster, we're still hearing news media reports about it. But very little about the bigger floods, worse disaster in the midwest.

Wanna' know why? Okay, I'll tell you why ....it's because there's not so many blacks affected and the news media can't raise the race card!! The whites in the midwest simply accept it as a part of life, and go on about rebuillding their lives and homes.

The whites of the midwest don't expect the government to solve all of their problems, so they aren't screaming and demanding help from the government.

So there's not enough sensationalism for the news media to bother with ....to raise the ire of the viewers. If the midwest had been mostly blacks, the news media would have been all over that story ...making it a racial issue and fomenting the nation to anger against the government for not doing enough.

Sad, ain't it? Or ...wait, ....do you have a better explanation for the lack of coverage and the lack of demands for government assistance?

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. original sine Registered Senior Member

At least three counties have been labeled as a disaster area and in emergency. I believe the governor of Minnesota has tried to direct at least $250,000,000 in funding. It is in the paper here every day. I will let you know more soon, but for now, my lunch demands consumption...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thread closed
    Please do not propagate racism in the forums
    You may open another thread to address the issue of the floods if you wish.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.