The memories of near death experiences: More real than reality?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by arauca, Mar 28, 2013.

1. arauca Banned Banned

March 28, 2013 in Psychology & Psychiatry University of Liege researchers have demonstrated that the physiological mechanisms triggered during NDE lead to a more vivid perception not only of imagined events in the history of an individual but also of real events which have taken place in their lives! These surprising results – obtained using an original method which now requires further investigation – are published in PLOS ONE.

Read more at: http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-03-memories-death-real-reality.html#jCp

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

I wonder if given the situation that the brain is in during traumas that would cause NDEs, maybe what is happening is that the brain is connecting a lot more significance to the thoughts it has created. Sort of like grasping onto it as it either crashes or comes back. Because of that concentration, more synapses are connected to the memory, making it seem more vivid and real. Just a thought.

As an aside, has there ever been study of when these NDE experiences occur, if we can even pinpoint their origin? Are they more likely to be from before or after the event, or might is probably be a case by case thing?

Interesting first comment...I guess if it's not confirming an afterlife, it must be an atheist conspiracy. He quotes Einstein but I don't think he gets that the quote isn't a religious one at all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

How does the brain know he is in the state of coma ? If the brain know that the body is dying , then it could generate so called salvation visual effect or examination according to the memory input knowing what is good and bad

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.