The Logic of a UFO Sighting

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Trapped, Dec 13, 2013.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I can't, it's not a valid question, that is, if you consider my question to be invalid.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Ahhh....I see

So I can only conclude that you have read nothing on UFO's

Hence your comments on this thread are useless and to be lgnored

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

If YOU say so.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Moving on

The logic is that people experience objects that don't behave normally

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Moving on, extraordinary claims like "Ït's an Alien craft!" require extraordinary evidence.

9. river

As any detective

While the conclusion is not self evident , the gathering of evidence , points to the suspect

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Hmm. If a detective ever told a store owner "well, I can't find who robbed your store, but they got away clean in a way that no one can figure out - so it must be space aliens" I have a feeling he wouldn't be a detective for much longer.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What is considered "normally"? And, why is that a problem?

12. river

Speed

Because the speed that these objects travel is well beyond any propulsion system we know of

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, you now that how?

14. Trapped Banned Banned

Sorry for butting in, but if you want to ask me that question, please do.

You will get a reply, one that is consistent.

There have been plenty cases in which radar and observational evidence have provided speed measurements to situations which exceed our own technological capabilities.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, you know that how?

16. Trapped Banned Banned

duh! It says it in the sentence you quoted!

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Ah, I see, you can basically say anything and we'll just eat it up like the gullible idiots we are?

18. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

No, by now I'm sure he knows we won't. In this specific instance, he claimed that radar and visual sightings were simultaneous, which would confirm that the radar was tracking a real object. Unfortunately for him, his source said the events happened a week apart. Somehow, he hasn't changed his position even after the falseness of his claim was shown to him. Saying it once can be a mistake; now it is just a lie.

How he could believe that we'll stop knowing it is a lie and start believing it, I can't imagine.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Thanks Russ.

20. Trapped Banned Banned

So I haven't spent the last months writing up plenty evidence for the UFO phenomenon? Plenty evidence which can be crossed referenced for yourself on the internet.

You want us to believe that people who believe air force pilots, governors, presidents, policemen, scientists, the military and civilians are simply just gullible? If I can't trust air force pilots, governors, presidents, policemen, scientists, the military and civilians who can I trust?

I don't think it is gullible to trust these people. I'd far trust many of them over your opinion.

21. Trapped Banned Banned

Actually it wasn't days apart. I even quoted the exact source... I'll get it for you again.

22. Trapped Banned Banned

... this wasn't ''days'' apart. You just thought it had to be because the article mentions it happened over a period of a week. As wiki states,

''After spotting what he believed to be a meteor, he was told that the control tower's radar had picked up unknown objects closing in on his position. Pierman observed six objects — "white, tailless, fast-moving lights" — over a 14-minute period.[3] Pierman was in radio contact with Barnes during his sighting, and Barnes later related that "each sighting coincided with a pip we could see near his plane. When he reported that the light streaked off at a high speed, it disappeared on our scope."

Clearly what it is saying that the light streaked of at high speed as it disappeared on their radar scope. That isn't days apart. That is clearly the same situation it is talking about.

23. Trapped Banned Banned

So after your rant about me and my so-called ''lies'' and that I am not man enough to admit it blah blah blah, can you eat your own words and admit you were mistaken? The problem is you don't actually do any research. Then you expect to have a correct opinion about the subject.