The Loch Ness Monster

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by davewhite04, Jun 27, 2019.

1. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I've had a run in with *something* pretty big in a loch called Morar, found out later there was a monster spotted in the loch a few times, it's called "Morag". The Japanese had helicoptors looking for it.

I think there are underground caverns connecting some/all the lochs.

The Loch Ness, the most well knowing:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Just found another great video.

Any questions fire away.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

This is presumably big news - to you and anyone interested in crypto-zoology.. Why don't you tell us about your run-in.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Nobodies asked, well, wish me luck, I'll tell you...

Let me think.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Just did.

9. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I visited a place in the west of Scotland for about 7 years in a row, amazing place.

I was in a caravan in a place called Arisaig, don't visit it you'll spoil it, not just you anyone. 10 mile away was a place called Morar. First time I went to Arisaig I hired a boat to use on loch morar.Never caught anything for 2 years( 2 x 7 days). 3rd year I caught a tiddler at the entrance to the deep part of the loch. Threw it back. On the way back I spotted what looked like a seal on this little island, but it wasn't, it moved back into the water quicker, I thought it was a log, but again it moved. I haven't got a clue what species this is. It was about 16/18 foot. Both my friend and I both saw it. I stopped after it had gone and was in a mind of wonder state for about a second and told my mate to flat it out, get back to shore, think Jaws.

When I got off the boat I asked the boatman what it could be, he said "he's seen morag!" next thing I know a reporter for the local village was interviewing us, I was the last person to spot it I think. I have proof to update wikipedia but can't be arsed..

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You mean you have pictures?

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

No an article to prove I was the last person who saw it. I was in the local news. Sweet story how it all happened. Great times.

EDIT: I didn't go on a boat again, apart from a local reservoir.

12. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Imagine what the hell is in the oceans? How much of the water have we not explored?

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Last I heard we knew more about space than we do about the water on earth.

14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Hm. Well Loch Morar is not landlocked - it has a passage to the sea. Wiki says is only a few hundred metres long at high tide. (It is one of the shortest rivers in Scotland) There's a short section of rapids, but they look pretty traversible.

It's not inconceivable that a walrus could swim up River Morar to feed in protected waters.

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well, have you read about "the bloop"?

16. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

What research concluded this?

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Which part? The geography?
    It's all in Wiki: River Morar.
    You can see the rapids via Google maps.

18. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Loch Morar is home to Atlantic Salmon, brown trout and sea trout, Arctic char, eel, stickleback, and minnow, so it would make a very nice fertile little kingdom for a marine mammal.

21. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Exactly. Why single out that one myth? One myth to rule them all scenario? It's biased. It is disregarding every other loch related to some kind of loch creature(I've always called it), so if lochness is kooku they all are. Is that science?

22. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

It's a kelpie.

23. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Judging by the blonde in the picture I would of directed my boat towards her.