The Laladopi Wagon

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by phlogistician, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

So, despite my explanation of my intention, you still believe my post was absurd- (with) absolutely no point (to it).

I shall keep that in mind.

Lala, if you believe my posts are as described as sisyphus, I shall promptly disappear from your thread. Otherwise I shall continue to try to offer assistance through comments and questions. Let me know either way.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

lol

No, I understood afterwords what you'd meant of course..... I hope you know also what you're "keeping in mind"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course, you can do what you wish- the main reason of this was a defense of her. She has no right to leave the forum because of phlog in the first place (which I am almost sure she has). I would personally never degrade/call someones writing hogwash and rot anyway, although if that is what you guys do here, I am not one of the ones who does that.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

And you felt the best way of doing this was to attack someone who was trying to help her! If you understood afterwards what I was attempting to do, perhaps you should pause and reflect before submitting a post.

8. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Oh my gawd, yet again he goes off on someone whining about their style of communication and fails to effectively do so in his very own retort!...phlog, do you have ANY idea how much of a pathetic demonstration this is yet again of who you are as a person??
    Why do you choose to whine so much??
    Why complain so much??
    Have you NOTHING any better to do??
    If this is the best you can do in your attmepts to actually constructively add value or help another member in some way...your either not trying or simply pathetic.

That very sentence AGAIN lacks clarity, the very thing you whine about!
    It's AN incoherrent, stream of consciousness rot" you pathetic moron....sheesh! lmao.
    If your going to continually complain and whine about other peoples methods of communication the least you could do is set an example jack ass.

And here I thought I may have of misjudged phlog on his level of integrity and character from another thread.
    I percieved him as weak in character and thus why he held too tightly to "how he spells", as some sort of sturdy rock in his chaotic sense of self esteem because of what must be a lack of percieved sense of personal value in his other wise pathetic and anal life.

BUT!!!...I thought maybe I was too quick to judge and thought about apologizing and decided to look at some of his other posts to see if maybe whining and crying wasn't the only thing he did well...and this was the first post!!!
    Whining and crying, and once again commiting the same acts of complaining about someones style of communication and then in that very verbal tantrum lacks clarity!...pathetic!

Phlog, quit your frickin whining and if you can't help it and must continue to cry about others style of communication at the VERY least please set an example of clarity in your next verbal tantrum.

Thanks.

And no, I don't claim to be a master of english

But I do have enough self respect not to start threads like this, however obviously I will add to them, lol.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

No. That is incorrect. You would not say It's a rot. You would say It is incoherent rot. Or, as Phlog said, It's incoherent, stream of consiousness rot. Although I should have preferred to see stream-of-consciousness linked in this way.

If you are going to chastise people for correcting the English of others, it might be best to have some skills in that area yourself.

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

Or not.
    I have my ways. Thx though.

12. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

I disagree, maybe someone actually good at english can chime in, maybe I'm wrong but that sure don't sound right.

Oh and Big O, "If you are going to chastise people for correcting the English of others, it might be best to have some skills in that area yourself."...sheesh.

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

au contaire. This is somewhat amusing to me. Particularly the attacking/defending Lalidopi.

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

He never said it was easy having

BIG BALLS!

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

There was no attack. You can search forever, and you will find nothing but personal insults.

16. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

...lol

17. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Yes, but most of the young members here want to be noticed and popular.

Short concise sentences dont cut it.

The posts that get the most replies are drivelous, meandering, highly personalized, slang-laden, and deliberately dumbed down...much like rap!

Donald Trump states in one of his books that if an employee cant get their point across in 3-4 sentences, they probably have nothing to say.

Speaking of James Joyce...I read once that a friend called on his home and found him sprawled out on his desk, staring up at the ceiling with an expression of complete exasperation.

His friend asked, "James, whats wrong...how many words did you write today?"

Joyce replied, "Seven...seven words."

"Seven...thats good for you!"

"Yes, but I cant decide what order they go in!!!"

18. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

You are wrong. (And it's English, not english.)

You are, incorrectly, treating stream of consciousness as a compound noun. If it were, then your amendment would be valid. We would correctly say An incoherent, stream of consciouness.

However, in this sentence stream of consciousness is an adjectival phrase. The noun is rot. I forget the kind of noun this is, but it is of that general class of nouns like goodness that do not take articles, definite or indefinite. That is why Phlog's sentence structure is correct and your amendment is wrong.

I do not have many skills, but the correct use of English is one of them. Now bow out gracefully. I believe you can manage that.

19. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Sorry, but I can't take suggestions from someone who can't even spell "consciousness" correctly.
    Obviously your unintelligent because you mispelled a word.
    Or didn't you know?
    Apparently your intellectually challenged because you mispelled a word according to Phlog.

Now to be blunt I could give a shit how you spelled "consciousness"...to go out of ones way to degrade someone on it or to reflect ones entire intelligence on such a petty issue is...dysfunctional at best.

In all reality I don't really care how phlog spells either.
    It is a case of this guy being a disgusting complainer who goes out of his way to put down other members.
    I looked at him as a senior member so I guess I held him to a higher standard and thus why it ticked me off as much as it did.
    So if you want to stand up for this guy and his aggressive complaining methods then that's fine...we both know where we stand on the issue.
    As for bowing out gracefully...go fuck yourself

20. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Yup I agree.

21. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Thanks fraggle.

22. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I like to be offered assistance and help. You have lately displayed a "kinder" way to tell me. At first though I thought you were being a meanie face in the first thread you replied to of mine.

23. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

You most not be talking about me, I come to this website to discuss with others. It's not like I'm trying to create and ego here! I wouldn't gain much personal insight if I was trying to top dog. Reality is I am here to gain from others not myself.