The importance of pillows

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by river, Oct 25, 2013.

1. river

Thats right guys , pillows

I ran upon this purely by accident

I went from one pillow , to two and noticed in the change in my quality of sleep , it was sounder

I woke up less foggy and no staggering

So Investigated , pillows

I ended up with a pillow by Temper-Pedic , called the Symphony Pillow

The idea of any pillow to keep your neck straight , no ups or downs to your head angle , but straight alignment with your spine

Also my breathing through has improved through my nostrils , neither is blocked by a pillow that wraps around my head

Of course the pillow is a personal choice , as is the type of mattress one choses

I also bought a body pillow , which also helps with the spine alignment , which I use between my knees , I'm a side sleeper

And yes , whether you are a back , side or stomach sleeper , matters to the pillow you chose

Overall , the best sleep I've had in years

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It was about time someone pointed this out. I went to two pillows about 4 years ago, and it's made all the difference. But I buy cheap pillows on sale and just replace them often. I might check out your recommendation.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

I just get laid by my GF and I sleep very well every night!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

My pillows were cheap too

But I discarded them when I bought a better quality pillow , not cheap , but I really noticed the difference

My pillow is warranted for three years

Definitely check it out , or research pillows

The science on sleep research has come a long , long way

river

8. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I would suggest as well that you purchase a mite - proof zippered cover for that pillow if you have any snoring or sinus issues. Wash the pillow cases often (I use a miticide - De Mite - on all of our bedding, pillow cases inclusive) to prevent the buildup of dust mites and their wastes. This will reduce allergies that can close up your sinuses and make you snore much more.

9. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ spidergoat,

In my youth I bought the cheapest pillows I could find and would stuff two of them in one pillowcase to give me a firm pillow. Some pillowcases are shorter and have a zipper which can do the same effect (with one cheaper pillow).

I now have a variety of pillows from odd shaped styrofoam to firm regular pillows. I like to relax comfortably and likely meditate more than some here.