The Importance of Cash Money

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by river, Feb 13, 2018.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

condescending passive aggressive

diatribe

claiming facts without stating any = attempting to change facts into bullshit by calling it bullshit

complete nonsense
    your now spouting propaganda
    who or what for is the only next question.
    or your quite pig headed & ignorant with borderline narcissism

making your own referral to where you have not provided any facts to your claim.
    this is conspiracy theorist language culture.

condescending try-hard reverse psychology as an insult

your a total douche bag

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

thanks for the info(i always appreciate your polite & considered posts)

now imagine your talking to someone who has worked inside the operations department of a large global multi national bank.
    think for a moment where your knowledge stops and creates questions
    think about terms of common use
    urban myths (massive amount of urban myths & try-hard-douche-bag-know-it-all's)

suggesting the world will be better off without cash and that a cashless society is better is like a psychiatric patient with hallucinations in a state of mania shouting at a university lecturer telling them aliens have landed and are going to solve world hunger by afternoon tea.

its complete idiocy

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your generous compliment.
    I tend to agree, but today's economic instruments, such as paper "cash" do also leave a few questions as to "efficiency".

Suppose everyone receives a bank credit in accordance with weekly payroll earnings. Not cash, but pure credits, which can be transferred electronically, via an unbreakable coding (fingerprint or eyeprint, etc.) for purchasing or bill paying purposes.

It would prevent the writing of "bad checks" or "counterfeit money", no?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Could not parse that angry rant, sorry.
    Nope. It's just plain bullshit no matter how much you try to polish it. I calls em as I sees em.
    Sounds like I really touched a nerve. Looks like you have a few problems with your philosophy, if a simple statement of facts drives you into a full on spittle-flecked rant.

Now, if your rant is over, do you have any substantive points to make?

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The US government of the day is not protecting anyone against digital monopoly.
    The Chinese government is actively establishing digital surveillance and control.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdof...ng-high-tech-surveillance-state/#31ee50704c36
    https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/22/china-xinjiang-surveillance-tech-spread/
    And the Russian government is alert to the opportunities for piracy and bust-out.

9. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

if the farmer has made profit and now able to buy bigger cows that give birth to bigger bulls that make much more profit, but they break the fences.
    should the tax payer or government pay for new bigger fences for the farmer ?

i say no

free emergency services if the stock run loose on to a road(terrorist funding large multi million dollar scams massive data breaches).
    save lives(back up the prevention of wiping out retirement funds)
    report rustling etc etc (skimming and hacking of networks)
    but if they cant hold the current risk and their product IS a risk. they need to invest more. why should i subsidies their profit margins with my wages ? they don't pay me and they would never pay me for nothing in return.

the lie in the whole debate is that the removal of cash is a freedom
    it is not
    it is giving complete power and the service fees to someone else
    (forcing another added expense on top as a profit margin)
    this giving of power results in an added profit margin on top of the existing profit margin.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Agreed. It is neither a "freedom" nor an impediment; it is simply another way to exchange value. Some people find cash more convenient, some find cards more convenient.

Cash, debit, barter, checks, credit etc all have similar issues.
    See above.

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Cash is harder to control centrally, or monitor in flow.

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

As is barter.

13. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member