The importance of being hated

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by lightgigantic, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

A 37 year old woman watching Spongebob Squarepants...:bugeye:
    :roflmao:

J/K. SB is funny as hell. His laugh floors me everytime.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

draws imaginary box around myself

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

......you must use your IMAGGGGGGGINNNNNATTTTTTTIOOOOOON.......

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

lol what do you expect her to do knit! i stil rember that shorty lol

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

8. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

well the cartoon netwokrk is not giving me anything....

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Go on tell us. Where?

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I told you....who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Deputy Dawg? Huckleberry Hound? Snagglepuss, even?

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Spongebob square pants ..........Baron Max squarehead........la la la
    you know this will all be deleted stay on TRACK ppl its about being hated.

And as Baron said........can you love someone and call them vile names.......
    my answer is YEs I get called them all the time lolol

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Most everyone?
    So then I guess it's possible, then?

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Really?
    I've heard that before, I don't understand why people say that.

Explain to me how/why that is.

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

yes, but its a very very,,,,,tiny percentage i think...that is if they are both
    equal,,,,,one person isn't just not saying what they really think to keep the peace. Take me, I can't keep my mouth shut , if it bothers me i have to say something. Even though it may end in an argument. Some ppl just hide thier real feelings....because they don't wanna rock the boat.

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Two people can be completely open and honest with each other, and if they do so respectfully, no fight needs to happen.
    In fact, by NOT saying something bothers you, you are going to end up in a fight, because you are holding that shit in - only to erupt later.

Only a damned fool will not tell their partner if something is bothering them, and if the two people are mature, respectful, honest and compatible with each other - it does not have to end up in a fight.

People fight because they get defensive - if you trust your partner, you will have no need to defend yourself against them.
    You protect each other - not attack each other.
    If you think of your partner as an enemy - someone who you attack and defend yourself against - I feel sorry for both of you, and I PROMISE it does not have to be that way.
    I know this for a fact.

18. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Everything's relative. That's how I understand that statement.

19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Well you are better then the majority of us then Raven. You must truly have your soulmate.
    Almost everyone i know fight....some more then others...BUT NEVER fight I just don't beleive it. And not to add even more fuel to the fire here, but I have lived with someone for yrs then ....got married and you know what....things do change.......and again most ppl i know say the exact same thing. I wish everything was all rosey all the time but to me that just isn't reality.

20. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

wow shorty is marrige realy that bad im kinda put of now

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

you will find out for yourself I don't wanna taint anyone on the subject, I can only go by experience and knowing other married ppl.

22. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

That's not it at all.
    Life can by trying and difficult.
    People get sick.
    People see each other at their worst when they live together.
    People have differing opinions of some VERY IMPORTANT issues.
    People are sometimes simply in bad moods.

The difference is whether or not you trust your partner to be there for you.
    The difference is whether you see them as a partner you can depend on or an adversary you must protect yourself from.
    It simply comes down to maturity, patience, respect and trust.
    If you have real faith that your partner will never stab you in the back - you don't have to protect yourself from them.
    When you feel like your partner will stab you in the back when you are not looking, you will have to constantly be vigil and defensive.
    When you are defenisve, you read things into what was said, and innocent words are seen as a personal attack.

I've been in these relationships before - I know.

Early in my relationship with me fiancee, she came home froma very bad day at work.
    She compalined for about 2 hours.
    Eventually she relaxed and said that she was afraid I would get mad at her for dumping that all out on me.
    I told her that she can complain as much as she wants, and I will be fine with that - the minute she BLAMES me for any of it, we have a problem. She can dump all that shit on me, and I will listen if taht's what she needs, but if she takes it out on me, we will not last.
    We are parners that can lean on each other.
    I trust her implicitly with my life and everything in it.

I have faith that she will never do anything purposely to hurt me, and she has faith that I will never do anything to purposely hurt her. So if I say something that hurts her, rather than jumping to the conclusion that I meant to hurt her, she jumps to the conculsion that I DIDN'T - and we talk about it. Same thing goes if she says something that hurts me.
    Since respect starts with considering the feeling of the other person, very rarely is something said that is even hurtful unintentionally.

It's really not that difficult if you try.

What I don't understand is that you keep saying that it is impossible to never fight, and that you don't believe there is anyone who never fights... then you say that almost everyone you know fights.
    Either everyone you know does, or not everyione you know does.
    Which is it?

And even if everyone you know fights, doesn't mean that everyone does, nor does it mean that everyone must.

Again, MOST people, or ALL people?

I've been living with my fiancee over two years now (we've been together for about 3 years).
    We have gone on several vacations together (one with her family) and have dealt with problems (such as death) together.
    I have been in long term relationships before (over 8 years - much of that time living together), I have been in several live-in relationships in the past.
    I have been around the block a few times.

I'm not some 15 year old kid talking about puppy love - I am talking from experience.

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

It doesn't have to be.