The human brain is a curse

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by joegurl13, Nov 22, 2002.

1. joegurl13 Registered Member

Animals get along just find without "understanding" everything, and yet here we are trying to. WE function the same way, eat/sleep/live but our dam brains push us to want more. So we sit here are bash our heads on the wall (or perhaps other people's heads) trying to "understand"(through religion). most often than not we end up not understanding anyway. Therefore the human brain is curse to humanity. We should not be asking the question why arn't other animals like us but why are we not like other animals.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Id say we get along better than most animals.
    Why do you think this is a bad thing?
    Well mabey when we understand through religion we get nowhere but science has made alot of progress.
    Why do you say this?
    Our good luck.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nehushta Registered Senior Member

Ah yes, Wisdom - the curse of the Serpent...

<font color="red">John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.</font>

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

ah, yes, Wisdom....

the gift of God.

8. Nehushta Registered Senior Member

Two sides of the same coin...

Serpent...God...whatever - it's all the same.

9. daphneeee Registered Senior Member

So, you would prefer not to have a brain? whats your point? We are logical, animals arent, thats why they are the way they are.

10. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

He's saying if God would have had his way he would have kept us stupid, completely loyal and ignorant. Ie. we'd be no better than God's best friends... dogs.

11. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

The human brain is no more a curse for humanity than feathers are for birds or gills are for fish. We are what we are.

~Raithere

12. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Dude, I've got air conditioning and relatively low risk of rabies. I'm definately pro-brain.

Ha ha, I can't spell.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2002
  13. Zero Banned Banned

Animals and us? What difference is there? We have just vastly larger processing power and memory so that we can make a greater variety of judgements and a higher range of emotions and thoughts. Exactly with AI, if we can only get comps to become more powerful than the human brain we could probably pull it off easily. It's just that comps are so much dumber than our neuron clumps.

And I'd prefer greater brain capability to lower hardware. And remember that the whole concept of religion requires superior brain power.

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

-central philosophy of Zero, Sage of Chaos

14. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

[QUOTEWe should not be asking the question why arn't other animals like us but why are we not like other animals.[/QUOTE]

mm. ok. but, maybe you should start first?? i mean, using your logic, you wouldn't even have been able to post this thread, let alone speculating upon future answers for it. my point? i think we got it pretty good being humans. (compared to the other animals.) now about being compared to a vegatable...i dunno.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence.

16. Nehushta Registered Senior Member

Indeed, blind faith is an ironic gift to be required of humans by the Creator of human intelligence.

17. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Yeah, it's a good thing that are friend the snake that we met in the Garden showed us the truth.

18. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Wonderful observation! Is it yours? If so, bravo! And my I borrow it?

~Raithere

19. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

I'd like to take credit for it, but I read it somewhere and it stuck with me.