The Holy Quran

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then you're projecting.

If you see it as "put down" then maybe you should make an effort to see it as me trying to enrich your posting and thinking styles.

Unfortunately that's also a projection.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Please do enlighten me oh great oracle. Let me drink from your fountain of wisdom.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ArmisExposcerePacem Registered Member

@Greenboy

God says vote Republican or die.

Anyways, just because if has "facts" in the URL does not mean anything... ANYTHING... on that site is actually factual. Farcical maybe.

Ooooor.. Maybe it's because the Ten Commandments are what most reasonable people would consider the basic structure of civilization (Civilization predates the Bible, btw).... Don't kill your neighbor... Don't steal.. Don't boink your friend's girl.... You know.. The kind of shit the Flying Spaghetti Monster would really us rather didn't do. Trying to claim Christianity's responsibility for the laws of the US, when really, your book basically said (in some places) "Don't be a dick.", (in others, it advocated killing, political unrest, metaphorical cannibalism, and other atrocities, but we won't go into that.) is comical, at best. Most religions have a general "Don't be a dick" clause. That keeps the followers nice and complacent. Cud for the cattle to chew, as it were. So anyways. Please present FACTS when you're trying to establish your points, and not PROPOGANDA.

Have a nice day.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Disagree partially here with the above: clearly some of the direction of US law is derived from Judeo-Christian principles, else we wouldn't frown so strongly on murder and repress homosexuals. What's the other selection of sources here? Reciprocal societal altruism? Concept wasn't around when the US was born. Germanic tribal law? I'll have to save up some cash for a blood-payment in case I accidentally hack the head off your clan-mate. It's from a Judeo-Christian basis in large part, although clearly not every law is directly related.

You may speed in clear conscience. Go in the name of Andretti, my son.

8. ArmisExposcerePacem Registered Member

I'll argue that the laws weren't written to repress homosexuals. They're being interpreted as such now specifically to fight against homosexuals demanding equal rights as heterosexual couples. Which is an unfortunate side effect of allowing Christians to hold positions where they can impose their morals on others.

9. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Why isn't this thread closed yet

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(miss me?)

Peace be unto you

10. greenboy Registered Senior Member

well

I always support what I post with info in the net for you to read but you ignore them

11. greenboy Registered Senior Member

Hey

Why you wanted closed?

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I have to disagree, if I can equate homosexuality with homosexuals. The legal basis of such discrimination is of old date, from a time when the state and sociality was much more strongly linked with religion. I can't see what other historical basis might exist; certainly no one was behind equal rights for homosexual couples one or two hundred years ago.

This is part and parcel of the same thing; the litigation comes from political and religious conservatives. Now, if you want to consider that a conservative interpretation of Christianity is really only a single (wrong) facet of the potential or actual distribution of belief, then I agree. But I don't think there's any question what the discrimination is based in. It's religious at its core.

Now, now: some Christians, all right? I appreciate that you're pissed about it.

13. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

I don't think it's religious at its core. I think it's "xenophobic" or paranoid at it's core. Xenophobic in the sense that our instincts tell us to fear and loathe what is different from us. Needless to say, it's easier for a lower intelligence uneducated brain to let itself control by the more primitive instincts.

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Really?
    Then how has it taken this long to get to even one link that supposedly" backs you up?

This would be because "support" for your claims is non-existent.

15. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

just because you do not agree with that support, does not mean it does not exist.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Er, the "support" posted did not actually make its (or Greenboy's) point.
    It did much the same as he had done: claim something and then rely on a particular interpretation to "support" that claim.

For example:
    How is "creation not evolution" part of the law in the US? And is it not somewhat hypocritical to use the bible as "support" for creation anyway?
    How does "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness" relate to the First Amendment which is about freedom of (or from) religion and free speech?

17. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Because all of this talk has nothing to do with the thread topic (if there was even a topic to begin with)....

Usually mods would close the thread but it seems Dywyddyr (a mod?) is also engaged in off-topic discussions so I guess since a mod is involved it doesn't matter

Peace be unto you

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well maybe, but the practical justification used is still largely religious, and promoted by religious Christians, Jews and Muslims.

19. greenboy Registered Senior Member

When a person choose the homosexual life style, is a personal choice,and his/her relationship with God. I think to kill them is wrong. And I think we just should pray for them. I know a lot of homosexual change their life style. I know two in my church a he and a she both changed their life style, after they met Christ and asked Christ into their heart.

20. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Church Group Offers Homosexual New Life In Closet

http://www.theonion.com/articles/church-group-offers-homosexual-new-life-in-closet,470/

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

When did you choose to be a heterosexual, boy?

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

This thread is Titled "The Holy Quran" Post on topic please.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

"Holy" Islamic injunctions on homosexual behavior are on topic.