The Holy Quran

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Feb 18, 2011.

1. greenboy Registered Senior Member

The Arab people are tired of being forced to be submit to a religion, by a totalitarian system
    they want freedom, freedom of worship, freedom of speech freedom, freedom to search for happiness, they want to have democracy, because all the others political systems are totalitarian imposing an agenda, Islam is a religion with a political agenda, wanted you or not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

guess what, saudi arabia started to revolte too, the booming day will be on 11 march

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yeeees... but are these revolutions going to produce democracy, or theocracy? Some of those polls suggest the latter.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. greenboy Registered Senior Member

Egypt and Saudi are two different stories with the same end.
    Egypt is going to be democratic for a while, but the Muslim Brotherhood will eventually take over by force of course, this is their agenda to take over the world and impose in Humanity their totalitarian Political/religious System and Saudi is going to be a theocracy after their depose the ruling family. When ? is the question. But this is going to happen but maybe not, tweeter and the internet are making the world more educated against totalitarian regimes, and forum like this one are showing the truth to millions. My soul cry for all those minorities in these countries. The Christians in Egypt are getting their churches burned. My soul cry for them...

8. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

i came across this and found it informative..thought i would share it..

Dr Zakir Naik wrote:

One of the most common myths about the Qur’an, is that Usman (r.a.), the third Caliph of Islam authenticated and compiled one Qur’an, from a large set of mutually contradicting copies. The Qur’an, revered as the Word of Allah (swt) by Muslims the world over, is the same Qur’an as the one revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). It was authenticated and written under his personal supervision. We will examine the roots of the myth which says that Usman (r.a.) had the Qur’an authenticated.

1. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) himself supervised and authenticated the written texts of the Qur’an

Whenever the Prophet received a revelation, he would first memorize it himself and later declare the revelation and instruct his Companions (R.A. – Radhi Allahu Taala Anhu) – May Allah be pleased with him who would also memorize it. The Prophet would immediately ask the scribes to write down the revelation he had received, and he would reconfirm and recheck it himself. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was an Ummi who could not read and write. Therefore, after receiving each revelation, he would repeat it to his Companions. They would write down the revelation, and he would recheck by asking them to read what they had written. If there was any mistake, the Prophet would immediately point it out and have it corrected and rechecked. Similarly he would even recheck and authenticate the portions of the Qur’an memorized by the Companions. In this way, the complete Qur’an was written down under the personal supervision of the prophet (pbuh).

2. Order and sequence of Qur’an divinely inspired

The complete Qur’an was revealed over a period of 22½ years portion by portion, as and when it was required. The Qur’an was not compiled by the Prophet in the chronological order of revelation. The order and sequence of the Qur’an too was Divinely inspired and was instructed to the Prophet by Allah (swt) through archangel Jibraeel. Whenever a revelation was conveyed to his companions, the Prophet would also mention in which surah (chapter) and after which ayat (verse) this new revelation should fit.

Every Ramadhaan all the portions of the Qur’an that had been revealed, including the order of the verses, were revised and reconfirmed by the Prophet with archangel Jibraeel. During the last Ramadhaan, before the demise of the Prophet, the Qur’an was rechecked and reconfirmed twice.

It is therefore clearly evident that the Qur’an was compiled and authenticated by the Prophet himself during his lifetime, both in the written form as well as in the memory of several of his Companions.

3. Qur’an copied on one common material

The complete Qur’an, along with the correct sequence of the verses, was present during the time of the Prophet (pbuh). The verses however, were written on separate pieces, scrapes of leather, thin flat stones, leaflets, palm branches, shoulder blades, etc. After the demise of the prophet, Abu Bakr (r.a.), the first caliph of Islam ordered that the Qur’an be copied from the various different materials on to a common material and place, which was in the shape of sheets. These were tied with strings so that nothing of the compilation was lost.

4. Usman [aka Uthman] (r.a.) made copies of the Qur’an from the original manuscript

Many Companions of the Prophet used to write down the revelation of the Qur’an on their own whenever they heard it from the lips of the Prophet. However what they wrote was not personally verified by the Prophet and thus could contain mistakes. All the verses revealed to the Prophet may not have been heard personally by all the Companions. There were high possibilities of different portions of the Qur’an being missed by different Companions. This gave rise to disputes among Muslims regarding the different contents of the Qur’an during the period of the third Caliph Usman (r.a.).

Usman (r.a.) borrowed the original manuscript of the Qur’an, which was authorized by the beloved Prophet (pbuh), from Hafsha (may Allah be pleased with her), the Prophet’s wife. Usman (r.a.) ordered four Companions who were among the scribes who wrote the Qur’an when the Prophet dictated it, led by Zaid bin Thabit (r.a.) to rewrite the script in several perfect copies. These were sent by Usman (r.a.) to the main centres of Muslims.

There were other personal collections of the portions of the Qur’an that people had with them. These might have been incomplete and with mistakes. Usman (r.a.) only appealed to the people to destroy all these copies which did not match the original manuscript of the Qur’an in order to preserve the original text of the Qur’an. Two such copies of the copied text of the original Qur’an authenticated by the Prophet are present to this day, one at the museum in Tashkent in erstwhile Soviet Union and the other at the Topkapi Museum in Istanbul, Turkey.

5. Diacritical marks were added for non-Arabs

The original manuscript of the Qur’an does not have the signs indicating the vowels in Arabic script. These vowels are known as tashkil, zabar, zair, paish in Urdu and as fatah, damma and qasra in Arabic. The Arabs did not require the vowel signs and diacritical marks for correct pronunciation of the Qur’an since it was their mother tongue. For Muslims of non-Arab origin, however, it was difficult to recite the Qur’an correctly without the vowels. These marks were introduced into the Quranic script during the time of the fifth ‘Umayyad’ Caliph, Malik-ar-Marwan (66-86 Hijri/685-705 C.E.) and during the governorship of Al-Hajaj in Iraq.

Some people argue that the present copy of the Qur’an that we have along with the vowels and the diacritical marks is not the same original Qur’an that was present at the Prophet’s time. But they fail to realize that the word ‘Qur’an’ means a recitation. Therefore, the preservation of the recitation of the Qur’an is important, irrespective of whether the script is different or whether it contains vowels. If the pronunciation and the Arabic is the same, naturally, the meaning remains the same too.

6. Allah Himself has promised to guard the Qur’an

Allah has promised in the Qur’an :
    "We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption)."
    [Al-Qur’an 15:9]

source here.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Naik the Snake lays it down.

10. greenboy Registered Senior Member

They have several versions of the Quran, they said and they will keep saying there is only one but reality they have several versions.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Green/seven.htm

What bothers me is the Quran states the equality among men an women but in reality in muslim society women and treated like ..... I never got a right explanation from my Muslim friends. You can read by yourself.
    http://www.renaissance.com.pk/seocrefl97.html
    for a western man father of a daughter this make me think, in reality Christianity does give equality to women, so far I can not find any other religion doing this. Hummm

11. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

My My My Greenboy you need to hit the history books instead of the religious ones! Progressive women and men fought and struggled for womens rights. Christianity had nothing to do with it!

12. greenboy Registered Senior Member

Well show me a Muslim country where women are not abused, and treated like second degree citizen. I disagreed with you, because all the laws in USA are influenced by the bible, the abolish-ion of slavery was influenced by Christianity, and allowing the women to get their right also. DO you believe for a second muslim women did not fight for their rights? of course they did and do, and I do believe Christianity are influencing them. You need to read history but ancient history, Egyptian woman have the same rights than a man, Christian-Judeo culture always gave more freedom and rights to the woman than other cultures. Muslim woman are not even allowed to own property, Hindu woman may get burn for whatever reason. So if you think woman rights are not based on their religion I want to let you know you are really wrong. Hit the religious book to read them you will see how their influence not only our daily life our law system and the rights of the citizen in our country. Male or Female.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Which part of the bible says you should get a speeding ticket?

14. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Christianity was just one of several tools used in the womens movement and then discarded in the 1960's. In America, Christianity is one of our superstructures and smart people or expoitative people have used it to their advantage. Christianity and its specific message of do unto others as you would have them do unto you is of great value and certainly progressive for that time and as we move forward, no disagreement there. But as people become more educated, more economically stable all religions will be less important or even necessary in our politics and lives. Therefore, religion and their leaders will no longer be the oppressors that they are and have been, just like what the womens movement did in the 1960's so will the general population do!

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The golden rule predates Christianity and is found in many cultures. Christianity stole it from secular values. Christianity in fact supports slavery and was used to justify it for centuries. Along with Islam and Judaism, it is responsible for the subjugation of women and continues to this day in the form of the anti-abortion campaign (at a time when childhood poverty is increasing), and an anti-contraception campaign on the part of the Catholic church.

16. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Learn some history. [/QUOTE]

And yet despite being the largest economy in the world and having one of the most vocally Christian populations the US doesn't have universal health care. As a European I find it staggering.

There's a bus advertising campaign in my town at the moment which has "Try praying" written on the buses in big letters. My immediate thought was "Try getting off your arse and actually doing something!".

17. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

True Spider, but I was looking at the larger picture in my response to Greenboy.

Religion is used as a tool for both good and bad as the masses are already organized and there for the picking.

18. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Yes Alpha, you are right! Universal healthcare is a no-brainer and is not a reality in the US, due in large part to the Christian right.

19. greenboy Registered Senior Member

simple

Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. "Teacher," they said, "we know you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are. Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?"
    But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? Show me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought him a denarius, and he asked them, "Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?"

"Caesar's," they replied.

Then he said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.
    So paying a speeding ticket, is part of the laws of the land. So you have to pay what belongs to our Cesar.

20. greenboy Registered Senior Member

DOn't miss the point

The point here is. women have not rights or respect in Islamic Countries and in other No Christian countries. Islamic Countries are under dictatorships and imposed monarchist system,(the majority of them) where they don't even allow to travelers to these countries to bring their own personal bible,(Saudies) let me type that again, they don't allow travelers to bring their personal bible and is punishable by law to possess and or read the bible or part of the bible. And is not brainer woman have more rights,and the same rights as a men in countries with strong Christian influence, like it or not. Even Obamacare is influenced by Christian way of thinking. Probably is not perfect because is created by a man . Remember how our constitution starts "we the people" wow WE THE PEOPLE!... Very strong words, coming from a bunch of revolted farmers against an earthly Empire like the British Empire.
    Equality among sexes and among races is a Christian principle,use in many constitutional government . You can not denied this.

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nonsense. Paying a speeding ticket is acceding to the law as it stands, but does NOT support your claim that:
    One more time: which part of the bible refers to speeding tickets?

22. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

actually i would agree with him on that point..(as per speeding tickets)
    (don't think they had speeding problems in bible times.)

but i also agree that laws were based on the bible,
    thou shall not kill..etc..

humanity has taken those laws and added to them to the point that most ppl do not recognize them as being from the bible.

the bible was 'the' go to reference when it comes to wrong-doing, only some did not value the bible as a go-to source.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Really?
    Note his "response" was NOT about the law itself, but simply about respecting a law that does exist in the US.

One more time - his claim was:
    Now, again: which part of the bible refers to speeding? Why is the speed limit different in different States if the bible is the source of these laws?

We had a previous poster, IAmJoseph, who made a similar (although more widespread) claim: once too often. He was banned for repeating it several times after being shown that it wasn't true.