The Holy Quran

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Feb 18, 2011.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, my religion also believes in the importance of good deeds, so...still yes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

My question is more about where the Quran fits into the entire storyline, as it does not propose to refute the Bible. I think that's even in there somewhere, isn't it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

I might think about answering your comments, when you quote my whole comment and not just the part you want people to see.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

LOL! are you for real? How does this ^ equal to,"How is the Quran different from the Bible and why was it necessary to create it?" I digress.

Do you have a quote or something I can go by, to understand where you would get a question like that?

8. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

these questions seem reasonable to me..

9. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Google it. I am sure you will be more than satisfied with the answers. I don't waste my time on such things.

10. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

dude..it is not a waste of time..
    seeking knowledge is a godly attribute, not a sin.
    it always amazes me the things ppl say to avoid saying ' I don't know'..

11. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

I am here to explain quotes from The Quran. I am not here to waste my time searching google for answers, and posting them as my own. Plenty here that do that, no need for another one.

You are obviously trying to embarrass me, and make me doubt my beliefs. Read post 192, and it clearely states, that I said:"I do not know the answer to your bias questions."

You are wrong.

12. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

valid point..

no..just making you question yourself as to whether you are preaching (no-one will listen) or teaching (some will listen)..

13. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

I am not preaching at all. I have only posted one quote from The Quran here and I explained its meaning. Shortly after, I was attacked by a band of atheists (<-- lol ) with witty/smart comments.

14. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

if they are listening you are teaching, if they are not, you are preaching..

great focus on that..
    truth will attend to itself..if you get distracted, how can you focus on the truth?

15. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

If a teacher lectures a class and no one listens, is he not teaching? I just don't seem to grasp how you proceed things. Apologies.

Blame the atheists, they are the ones that took the discussion off topic, with their attacks and wise comments, remember?

I am not worried about truth attending to its self. Truth does not need attending. Wrong intentions need atending.

16. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

no he is not teaching...
    teaching by its very nature means that someone has to learn..

listen for god,not me..

ah yes..a problem that is inherent with this form of communication..
    but that doesn't mean you have to be led astray..
    wisdom requires patience.

if the seeds fall upon fertile ground they will grow.

this also is true..

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Good questions!

I suspect that part of the reason has to do with the concept of Trinity (and by extension the divinity of Jesus as Christ).

I think a clue as to your second question goes to the time it was created and what was going? I would love to know more, but there was Iconoclasm happening in Constantinople (730 and 787, when a change on the throne reversed the ban. The "Second Iconoclasm" was between 814 and 842) around that time and obviously the use of images in Islam somehow became a no no (although not so much to begin with) so perhaps some of that conflict spilled over into Syria and caused a schism? Also remember "Islam" didn't arrive until when? The 8th century? There were a LOT of different forms of Christianity and combination with Zoroastrianism (depending on the Persian Emperor's proclivity) and I imagine that when Persian/Syrian "Arabs" attempted to model their system after the Christians with an Islamic copy of the Pope and Christendom (Caliph and Caliphate) they needed to codify and solidify their religious doctrine - in order to aggregate and centralize their power (and start funneling in all the profits from the silk and spice trade route - which, in the end, is what all this came down to).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I quoted the part that was relevant to a fair and equanimous consideration of all forms of theistic belief and disbelief.

Bugger the rest of the farrago. Or else define your terms, blaggard.

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

What for?

We can't read it for ourselves?

20. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

I believe that is called learning. Learning and teaching are two different things on the opposite corners.

I know what I am dealing with. I am not the one that was so eager to point out the topics situation. Speak for yourself.

I believe seeds need water, don't forget that.

Ofcourse it is, why do you think I show up from time to time.

21. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Lol. You ignored my answer and came up with more nonsense. We are finished here.

22. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

I don't doubt you can read, I doubt what you understand.

23. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

i can't just simply tell you what's different, it needs a hall study, not reading an article or idk

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!