The history of sexism...where did it begin? Why? Can we rid our world of it?

Discussion in 'History' started by wegs, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I guess that that was my poor attempt at cynicism.

Apologies.

I know I should never try my twisted humor but -----

Straight talk from here.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. arauca Banned Banned

You are what you are , you can not help yourself

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

Sure you can. We all have drives given to us by evolution, but we can choose what we do with them.
    If you have a desire to eat ice cream all day and night? Nothing wrong with having that desire, or eating ice cream - as long as you don't do it to excess or all the time.
    If you have sexist desires? Want to pat all women on the butt? Again nothing wrong with having that _desire_ provided you don't express it to every woman you meet, and reserve it for women you know are accepting of it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. arauca Banned Banned

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Oops

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

10. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

All I want to happen is that if you have a problem with me or with what I have written, tell me openly and not by using this unclear method, which even now wegs somehow thinks you were giving me some reason for me to feel ashamed.
    Its not that I have a guilty conscience over anything but you have to give a person the chance of clearing up any misunderstandings.
    We all should extend this courtesy to each other.
    Simply making an accusation and then giving very obscure reasoning is not righteous behaviour.
    I hate it when an accusation is made and then there is no discussion on it.

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

In PMs I call myself Robert and latter that may be changed to BOB and I don't usually mind.
    But this morning I have been told BOB is the anagram for "Battery Operated Boy".

I'm innocent even when others make fun of my name.

I did not know this anagram had this unusual meaning before today. Is that funny or not!

12. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Robittybob1, I have tried to tell you, OPENLY AND CLEARLY, that I have NO PROBLEM WITH YOU OR ANYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN !!
    I have NO CONTROL over that : "even now wegs somehow thinks you were giving me some reason for me to feel ashamed."
    I have NO CONTROL OVER WHAT WEGS THINKS !!!
    Possibly, you might question WEGS about those concerns.
    - I DO NOT THINK, NOR FEEL, THAT YOU, Robittybob1, HAVE ANY REASON TO FEEL ASHAMED !!!
    I do not FEEL, nor do I THINK that you, Robittybob1, should have a guilty conscience over anything !!!

I AGREE COMPLETELY with your statements : "We all should extend this courtesy to each other.
    Simply making an accusation and then giving very obscure reasoning is not righteous behaviour.
    I hate it when an accusation is made and then there is no discussion on it."
    - I DID NOT DO THAT !!!
    It does however, SEEM, TO ME, dmoe, that I, dmoe, have been ACCUSED of that !!!
    ............ But NOT BY YOU Robittybob1 !!!....................

Again, Robittybob1, I am sincerely sorry if I, dmoe, caused you, Robittybob1, any misunderstanding, and apologize profusely for said misunderstanding and any anguish it caused. TRULY and SINCERELY !!!

I would not mind if MY accusers would come forward and explain their ACTIONS and ACCUSATIONS - but I hold little hope that that will happen !!!

13. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

That settles that but you still hope your "accusers would come forward and explain their ACTIONS and ACCUSATIONS" well we'll see what happens then.
    Have you outlined the accusations against you and who made them? That might be helpful.

14. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I think that archeological finds back up the notion that humanity has always been a patriarchy. Even as the evidence points to matriarchies thanks to the archeological evidence being feminine. I submit it is because men knew their duty to society then better than we know it now. Those men ruled for the sake of women and children and not for their own welfare.

The bible changed our perceptions from men ruling for women to men ruling over women. We have forgotten that people fear the King but love the Queen and that love is what holds a kingdom fast. The King is the Queens champion, not the Queen being the Kings champion.

Regards
    DL

16. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

quinnsong, that piece is outstanding! It should be required reading for students in high school!

In truth, I didn’t know half of what it covered. I’m going to reread it, later. Thank you for bringing things back on point.

17. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

In the end her point is that the issue of sexism is not a scientific or historical question, but a political and moral one.

18. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

@ wegs

Thought this discussion too important to get derailed.:bugeye: You are wholeheartedly welcome.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

It's just so enlightening, I couldn't believe it.
    Indeed!

It will be nice to dissect pieces of it for discussion.

20. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Where did that idea come from?

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Highly recommend reading the article quinnsong provided here. It's written so well; it's riveting. You will come away with lots of questions answered and many will spring up.

22. arauca Banned Banned

I think sexism is a complement to women , It is beautiful to know women are different , that is why we male are attracted to them . It is like an electron can not be without a proton , together it make us an atom

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

From the energy that men would have had to put into the pottery and carvings of artifacts from about 20,000 years ago to the bronze age.

I thing the ancient Hebrews put that ruling over women to return their women to a subservient position to go against the matriarchal and egalitarian notions that Egypt exemplified.

It may have been at a time when the Jews were trying to kill off Asherah. God's wife.

Regards
    DL