The history of sexism...where did it begin? Why? Can we rid our world of it?

Discussion in 'History' started by wegs, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I don't bother with that type of show either, I do follow Castle though, that could be more for you too, where both are successful in their own rights, but that seems to be what keeps them apart.
    I have heard it said that ultimately human society will be female only, with males being unneeded in the future. I was thinking this would be similar to the honey bee which has predominantly female bees and just a few male drones. I can see we are part way there already. The "stinger" has already evolved. lol

If you don't believe me:

"Men No Longer Needed to Create Sperm"
    http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/sciencetech/men-no-longer-necessary-for-sperm-production/750

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

OK I looked into whether intelligence as measured by tests is inherited and it seems to be.
    "Success DOES depend on your parents' intelligence: Exam results are influenced by genes, not teaching

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-influenced-genes-teaching.html#ixzz2bbppAmgP "
    Some smart women get there by hard work and I suppose part of that ethic is also passed down through the genes.

So fitting those two studies together there should be way of encouraging smarter women to have more children, if it is desirable to have a more intellectual society.
    That would go down like a ton of bricks in a democratic society!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Sad but true.

Lol @ "stingers"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I think that it won't ever get to that end. Don't think a society where women reigned supreme and men were drones if existed at all, would be a wise venture. Balance can be achieved. There will always be struggle but maybe the goal is to lessen it.
    Thanks for chiming in as you have!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kholdstare Banned Banned

Google define rapist

8. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

9. Kholdstare Banned Banned

wegs, just a question for you? Are you planning to join the US Army or Marines? Are you wishing to fight in combat situations?

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Morals and ethics are learned responses and do not get passed down in genes.

We do have instincts at birth that default to cooperation, --- but when competition is required, that part of evolution will not just die away and we will all do evil to the losers we create while competing against them.

Environment guides our morals once we mature. Not our genes.

Regards
    DL

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Humans seem to want to love and be loved.

To think that human women will ignore that craving for love of the opposite sex is foolish.

If we had no emotional needs to fill then we just might go to the undesirable scenario spoken of here. We do have emotional needs and I cannot see us devolving to what is hinted at here.

Women, I don`t think, care for an higher I Q score. They want a certain man to father their children and I Q is a small factor. IMO.

Regards
    DL

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

She can pilot a drone as good as you can.

Are you afraid she will clean your clock and ruin your overinflated chauvinistic view of yourself. Poor puppy.

Regards
    DL

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Oh, Greatest I Am...I'm just a delicate little flower.

14. Kholdstare Banned Banned

Ah. Insults. Take your insults and shove it in your pussy.

I think you are disgusted enough by my opinions. But sorry I have to say this.

If you do not plan to join the troops and serve in frontal combat here is something from me,

Its about time parasites do something for their hosts.

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That is what you have shown to date for sure, sweet thing, but like all women I know, you likely have a tough as nails part of you that only comes to the surface when required.

I have been surprised by my 4ft. 11in. wife in her facing down a bulking 6ft.3in. man who had me hoping he would back off so that I would not have to get involved because I was quite fearful, ---- in a brave way of course, ---- of having to take him on if he raised more than his voice to her. I am 5ft. 8in.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Such a pathetic man.

Any who fight know what they fight for and it seems you only fight for yourself as you certainly don't seem to respect those that may be weaker and that you are supposed to be fighting for. You fight for tail and not persons. Buy a rubber doll.

Regards
    DL

17. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Balance!
    Struggle!
    Goal!
    Wisdom.

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

We have that. Smarter people make more money and can more easily afford more children.

That is counterbalanced by the problem that if you are very, very dumb, and can't figure out birth control (or don't want to figure it out) you will tend to have lots of children.

19. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

That might be so, but from the first study it was only smarter males that were having more kids. Is there a gender difference in smartness?

That tended to imply in someway that smarter males don't mate with smarter women (on average).

20. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

*blush*
    Yes...I have another 'side' to myself. The wrath of wegs has its moments.

I think that we all have our limits.

The sad attempt to derail the thread of a few, only shows me that they didn't clearly grasp the intent of the thread. The intent isn't to say women are better, or can do more than men. Or even that we can do what men can do. I for one, don't measure my worth against the fact that I can 'do what a man can do.' Is that the essence of feminism? No. I was hopeful that we could have a fruitful dialogue as to how sexism started, why it started...and can it be curtailed, if not prevented. You have brought great insight into the discussion, so thank you.

You married a bad ass! That's awesome

Great story.

amen to that, brutha.

I'm wondering if this stat is taking into account second, third marriages? I'm wondering if that would skew things a bit.
    I would like to research this whole thing a bit more, because it seems so bizarre to me taken at face value, that women who have no kids, are somehow smarter (higher IQ) than those who have kids.

yes, men are by far, smarter than women.
    *** sarcasm alert ***

Could it be that some highly intelligent men are intimidated in some way, by a woman who is equal, intellectually? Do men, on average, like to feel needed, as biology and history would tell us, (on average)...and they see highly intelligent, capable women as not 'needing' them?

This is worth exploring.

21. Kholdstare Banned Banned

22. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I'm actually not looking...you keep coming back to this thread.

23. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Kholdstare, Just curious, what do you know about the military? Ever served? Do you know women that have served?