The History of Islamic Terrorism

Discussion in 'History' started by Fraggle Rocker, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Fraggle, as much as I'd like to indulge you, I'm not about to go wading through thousands of sams posts looking for those examples. That said, I'd be only to happy to point them out in future posts, which I'm sure sam will eventually oblige.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

That's fine. As you know from my posts on the Super Secret Moderators' Board, I'm a leader in the movement to raise the standards around here. Too much trash-talkin', not enough science.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Nope I disagree, much had not changed since T.E Lawrence taught/helped Bedouin to fight modern asymmetric warfare.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

As quadraphonics mentions in his post, this isn't correct in that they are partially religiously motivated. I would rephrase that to say they're primarily politically motivated with the use of religion to reinforce their legitimacy.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

A monumental endeavor. Good luck with that.

9. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Politics, to extend the thought, is determined by the need for resources.

No doubt you've seeen the old World War I propaganda poster of the Tommy standing in horror over the body of a dead nun, supposedly shot by German soldiers.
    Any use of religion in recent times is simply an extension of the same idea - to create a sense of identity in the face of perceived aggression.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Is a Caliph a secular ruler or a religous ruler?

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

A caliph, or in proper modern transliteration khalif with the accent on the second syllable, is a head of state. In early Islamic society the distinction between secular and religious leadership was more than a little vague, since in theory sharia was the law. The first leader of Islamic society was Mohammed, who led in both the secular and religious domains.

Islam, like all the spinoffs of Abrahamism, reinforces tribalism and from virtually the moment of Mohammed's death acrimonious tribal rivalries sprang up over the issue of who was his rightful successor: the first khalif. As it's been explained to me, the current irrepressible violence between Sunnis and Shiites is precisely about this millennium-and-a-half-old question.

Much like Caesar, which morphed into both German Kaiser and Russian Tsar, the title of Caliph has over time been assumed by a great many leaders of Muslim communities, including the Ottomans and the occupiers of Iberia.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And is a religious title, invested with control of all domains of Islamic life, as the Quran is the law, constitution, government of the Moslems, through Sharia', law has four fundamental roots, which are given precedence in this order: the Qur'an, the Sunnah (actions and sayings of Muhammad), the consensus of the Muslim jurists, Ijma, and analogical reasoning, Qyias.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

He is both.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

A Caliph is like a President, he is a secular ruler. However he can be questioned by the religious clergy, if they feel that he has made an unfair ruling or if they believe that his laws are contrary to Islamic values.

This system was most effective under the Ottomans. The religious clergy stayed apart from state, but watched the Caliph to ensure he administered justice.

15. Revolvr Registered Senior Member

No Arsalan, it doesn't. The roots of Islamic terrorism are in Jihad which is the root of Islam itself.

Islamic terrorism predated Western influence in the Middle East. It predates Israel. It predates the United States.

The idea that Islamic terrorism is a response to Western meddling is a convenient excuse by Muslims in an attempt to hide the truth.

I could fill these pages with proof. But I'll just show a couple of examples.

The late Muslim scholar, Professor Majid Khadduri, wrote the following in his authoritative 1955 treatise on "jihad, War and Peace in the Law of Islam":

Lets go back further. Winston Churchill, well-known for his gift of prescience and, specifically, for being the first to warn of the menace of Hitler and Nazism as early as 1932, and of the Soviet threat in his famous Iron Curtain speech in 1946, also warned of Islamic Jihad:

Lets go back to 1786 Thomas Jefferson says:

How much proof do you need to understand this?

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Events can have multiple causes. If certain factions within the Islamic community have a predisposition to violence in the name of their prophet, it's certainly possible that external factors could trigger outbursts of that violence.

The same can be true of any community. We all have our one-percenters who seem to blend in until something sets them off. Even if within the Islamic community it's five percent instead of one, some stimulus is required to set them off.

As most of you know, I do not hold Christianity in any higher regard than Islam; I think they are both faiths more appropriate to tribal people and in fact reinforce tribalism, which holds back the development of civilization. Christianity has its one-percenters (or five-percenters). The Holocaust and the KKK persecutions were the acts of Christian one-percenters. As Jung put it concisely: "No wars on earth have been as bloody as those among the Christian nations."

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The issue with terrorism within Islam is extremism, and extremism DOES exist within Christianity and Judaism, though not on the same scale (though it did once).

Christianity was, a time ago, a very constraint and extremist religion. For instance, Plymouth was a Christian society, and look how many were murdered there for being "unbelievers".

To say that Christianity was never at one time a threat, nor at one time violent is to deny history.

Revolvr, Book of Genesis has more violence than all the Qu'ran.

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

For instance, this within the Bible

SATANIC book Bible orders:

1. Killing millions of natives(Deut 20:17)

2. Use captive woman as sex slaves (Deut 20:14, Deut 21:10)

3. Promoted racism by calling native woman as DOG (Matthews 15:26)

4. Butchering innocent native babies (1Samuel 15:3)

6. Beheading those who worship other gods (ref Numbers 25:3,4)

7. And best of all, made sure no one leaves his religion by imposing death sentence on apostates (Ex 32:27-29

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Issue in Islam is Terror and the defence by you, SpAM and a whole lot of others with Moral relativism, and were your argument falls is ("not on the same scale (though it did once)." ) and in Christianity it isn't defended, and we prosecute those who commit extremist act, we don't excuse them.

Really? over 200 years ago, not like the Moslems of today, who are in the world news killing in the Name of Islam, and Allah, and Mohammad, look at to day;

And that is exactly what is is History, and it wasn't Christians who did this, there were a lot of Christians who didn't agree with the Catholic Churches Theology, and did something about changing it, and they died by the thousands, but in the end the Christian Church was established, all I see from the Moslems is moral relativism, about what happened 300+ years ago, and that some action that has been repudiated is a excuse for Moslems of today to commit rape, murder, terrorism, kill any who don't believe that that Mohammad is the Prophet of God, and has the only true view on the will of God, the word of God from a man who lead wars of conversions, took most of the Quran from the Torah and the New Testament, and interpreted it to his own advantage.

I don't know what you read in the Quran, but it isn't a peaceful book, it is loaded with violence.

ps; The Old Testament is not the Book of Christians, the New Testament is, the reason it is included in the Bible is as a reference to the prophecy of the coming of Jesus, to show his coming, and as stated in the New Testament the Laws of the Old Testament are overturned by the coming of The True Prophet of God, his son, Jesus Christ, of divine origin, Blessed by the Holy Spirit, and savior of Mankind.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

i seriously doubt if fraggle intended this thread to be an "us against them" debate. there is hardly any doubt whatsoever that religious terrorism spans ALL religions, not just islam.
    furthermore i feel that fraggle should edit his opening post to reflect that fact.

frankly, to single out islam as a source of terror is wrong. political and military terrorism are as prevalent as any undertaken by islamic militants, and more deadly, because it directly affects 1000s of people, with the attendant cost of millions of dollars.

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Islam's history past and present is violence to all not of the Ummah, Moslems with the Quran as their license, discriminate against all others by, Race, Color, Creed, Sex, and Sexuality, they gladly murder in the Name of the Prophet Mohammad, and Allah, they like you excuse their murder, rape, torture, maiming, terrorism, with moral relativism, of blaming the unbeliever for starting the problem, from its founding, it has been spread by the sword and war, in History and present, it is always the Infidels fault, for not being a believer, you are the one who deserves what ever the Moslem does to you and it is your actions that make it ok to kill you, the Moslem has no fault, as he is a believer, and only doing Gods will.

If there is a Satanic Book in the world, it must be the Quran, no other book has for so long caused the death of so many.

God is the judge of Mans Soul, not man, to kill a unbeliever leads to his damnation, and never allows for him to come to God, that is the principle of true belief, which Moslems do not follow, they have appointed themselves the arbiter of man and soul in this world, and as such are condemning them to damnation in the next, and in doing so they dam themselves, because they judged the mans soul, and found it unworthy, and then killed him before he could come to salvation.

http://www.historyofjihad.com/sitemap.html

Historyofjihad.org

Site Map

The Jihad against Arabs (622 to 634)

The Jihad against Zoroastrian Persians of Iran, Baluchistan and Afghanistan (634 to 651)

The Jihad against the Byzantine Christians (634 to 1453)

The Jihad against Christian Coptic Egyptians (640 to 655)

The Jihad against Christian Coptic Nubians - modern Sudanese (650)

The Jihad against pagan Berbers - North Africans (650 to 700)

The Jihad against Spaniards (711 to 730)

The Reconquista against Jihad in Spain (730 to 1492)

The Jihad against Franks - modern French (720 to 732)

The Jihad against Sicilians in Italy (812 to 940)

The Jihad against Chinese (751)

The Jihad against Turks (651 to 751)

The Jihad against Armenians and Georgians (1071 to 1920)

The Crusade against Jihad (1096 – 1291 ongoing)

The Jihad against Mongols (1260 to 1300)

The Jihad against Hindus of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh (638 to 1857)

The Jihad against Indonesians and Malays (1450 to 1500)

The Jihad against Poland (1444 to 1699)

The Jihad against Rumania (1350 to 1699)

The Jihad against Russia (1500 to 1853)

The Jihad against Bulgaria (1350 to 1843)

The Jihad against Serbs, Croats and Albanians (1334 to 1920)

The Jihad against Greeks (1450 to 1853)

The Jihad against Albania (1332 - 1853)

The Jihad against Croatia (1389 to 1843)

The Jihad against Hungarians (1500 to 1683)

The Jihad against Austrians (1683)

Jihad in the Modern Age (20th and 21st Centuries)

The Jihad against Israelis (1948 – 2004 ongoing)

The Jihad against Americans (9/11/2001)

The Jihad against the British (1947 onwards)

The Jihad against Denmark (2005 Cartoon Controversy onwards)

The Jihad against the Filipinos in Mindanao(1970 onwards)

The Jihad against Indonesian Christians in Malaku and East Timor (1970 onwards)

The Jihad against Russians (1995 onwards)

The Jihad against Dutch and Belgians (2003 onwards)

The Jihad against Norwegians and Swedes (2003 onwards)

The Jihad against Thais (2003 onwards)

The Jihad against Nigerians (1965 onwards)

The Jihad against Canadians (2001 onwards)

The Jihad against Latin America (2003 onwards)

The Jihad against Australia (2002 onwards)

The Global Jihad today (2001 – ongoing)

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

But you did once, that's the point.

Yes, over 200 years ago yet it undoubtedly existed, and therefore there must have been a change to have made it end, which is the change needed to make the extremism end within Islam.

An excuse? No. Do you not get my point? I am not excusing Islam here, but rather showing that Christianity was violent at one time, and therefore WHAT WAS THE CHANGE THAT CHANGED THAT? That's my point. And that's what must be found and applied to Islam.

The Bible and the Torah and the Qu'ran are loaded with violence. Christians hate Jews and Moslems, Moslems hate Jews and Christians, Jews hate Moslems and Christians. It's a triangle.

The New Testament was a recreation of the Bible in order to serve society, it wasn't done by Word of God, it was done so that people can live how they want to live rather than God's word. The Old Testament is the original, and true word of God. The New Testament was written to change society and make it more free, but NOT by choice of God. It is a remake of the Bible, basically, but the original was the true word of God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.