The Fourth Tower of Inverness or The Prisoner

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by RoseBoyle, Nov 16, 2005.

1. RoseBoyle Registered Member

Is there anyone who has heard of the ZBS radio series, The Fourth Tower of Inverness? It first aired in 1973. Also, has anyone ever heard of the television series, The Prisoner, which first aired c.1968? Patrick McGoohan starred in it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Don't know the Inverness thingy, but The Prisoner is one of my all time fav. shows. A DVD must-have.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Never heard. What are they about?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RoseBoyle Registered Member

The 4th Tower concerns the adventures of Jack Flanders, who visits his Aunt Lady Jowels at her mansion. He sees the 4th tower even though there are 3 and eventually enters it. The series aired Mon--Fri, for 5 minutes and on Sat, the entire week would air. The show runs about 6 1/2 hours. t's trippy and funny.

8. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Never heard of the fourth tower of inverness, but its a radio thing and Uk radio is different from US radio. Theres several of our radio series' you wont have heard of either.

"The prisoner" is about what happens to a secret agent who resigns suddenly, and whilst getting ready to leave the country is kidnapped. He then wakes up in a surreal village, where he is squeezed for information. I've seen 13 episodes so far, am working my way through them. It is in many ways ahead of its times, and also perfeclty apposite for nowadays, with regards to questions about observation, privacy, manipulaiton of people etc etc. Worth seeing, even if some of the episodes quality is somewhat iffy.

9. Rex Latchford Registered Member

Fourth Tower of Inverness, The Prisoner, Nowhere Man

The Fourth Tower of Inverness is, to me, transcendental. It will be airing on Radio InfoWeb ( radio.infoweb.net ) starting, I think, December 1, 2012. As far as I know, the plan is to re-run it afterward which would be 14 weeks (?) later. It will be in its original daily form, and run several times a day so you can catch it.

The Prisoner is my all-time favorite TV show. There's plenty that's been written about it so I won't say more than that as a youngster, the star was my hero having just come off a long run in "Secret Agent Man" which made him enough of a personal fortune that he was able to self-produce The Prisoner. Certainly, it wouldn't have gotten produced otherwise. It was far too sophisticated and intellectual. If it were today, he'd be branded a "terrorist", a "threat to national security" and the US would be trying to extradite him to put him to death along with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

If you liked The Prisoner, you'd love "Nowhere Man", which was made in the US, and mysteriously disappeared until recently. Bruce Greenwood, the wig-wearing star, also disappeared completely until he reappeared in the 2009 Star Trek film as the heroic Captain Pike! You can now purchase the series on DVD, but I'd buy it with cash. They're watching people like you!

Look forward to you, the reader, listening along to the Fourth Tower with me!

- Rex Latchford