The Fix Is In in Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The rise of enlightenment ideas about the supernatural probably eliminated the burning of witches for the most part. What was the benefit of not burning witches? Well, those that were simply mentally ill can get help, and we have drugs now to help them. Some of those people are certainly contributing members of society. If witches were still burned, perhaps scientists would be considered to be conducting satanic experiments instead of increasing our understanding of the world (including the phenomenon of witchcraft itself).

New thread on the subject.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

"This tired strategy of using old tensions to scapegoat other countries won't work anymore in Iran.
    This is not about the United States and the West. This is about the people of Iran, and the future that they - and only they - will choose."

-- Obama, 2009

Obama is, like, just so cool

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seriously the man hits the nail right on the head, time and time again.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Americans are so fickle. It seems as if Iran is already old news. I asked someone today who was all glued to CNN watching the drama what was going on in Iran, the response was like 'Oh I guess they're still in the streets or something. I think most of them have gone home'.

It was like 'Iran?'

Everyone's also seemed to forgotten about the two journalists in N. Korea. Fickle media, fickle minds.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Iran says Neda's death may be tied to 'terrorist' group
    The report said the investigation into her death is ongoing, "but according to the evidence so far, it could be said that she was killed by mistake. The marksmen had mistaken her for the sister of one of the Monafeghin who had been executed in the province of Mazandaran some time ago."

Apparently in the perfect Islamic Society, murdering the sister of people that don't fit into the Perfect Islamic Society, is Perfect, or at least Perfectly Islamic.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Statistics hint at fraud in Iranian election

Boudewijn Roukema of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, Poland, used a mathematical tool called Benford's law. In many random sets of data, numbers are more likely to begin with 1 than any other digit. The next most frequent starting digit is 2, then 3 and so on, in a precise relationship. The law applies to any set of numbers scattered randomly on a logarithmic scale.

Any deviation from this pattern could suggest that figures have been manipulated. This has been used to uncover tax fraud and false expenses claims, and Roukema now says it points to fraud in the Iranian election. He analysed the vote counts reported for the four candidates in 366 districts. Votes for three of the candidates fit expected patterns, but Karroubi has an unexpectedly large number of counts beginning with the digit 7. The chance of such a large deviation from Benford's law happening without foul play is only 0.7 per cent, Roukema says. "The simplest interpretation would be that someone interfered in the overall counts per district."

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Religious moderation.

The only reason anyone is “moderate” in matters of faith these days is that he has assimilated some of the fruits of the last two thousand years of human thought (democratic politics, scientific advancement on every front, concern for human rights, and end to cultural and geographic isolations, etc.)

Sam Harris

10. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

By definition, any "construct" would have to be "constructive," no?

More to the point: savvy thinkers tend to prefer modifying their positions over becoming ridiculously obtuse to preserve them from criticism.

Also, WTF does any of this nonsense have to do with Iran?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"WTF does any of this nonsense have to do with Iran?"

They are merging into the Greater US Imperial Commonwealth- and the Jewel of the Pwned East is Absurdistan, Beautiful Absurdistan spreading herself from from seas to sheeny-seas, with $5 gallons of ass-gas forever. Oh, and some wars and stuff, too.

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

At the end of the interview he states that the police were not harming anyone. They were not using bullets - it was specifically a paramilitary member under the direct control and authority of the Ayatollah. What a corrupt evil arse hole the Ayatollah is. This has nothing at all to do with the West. It's the evil that evolves within and is spewed forth out of just such Islamic Dictatorial Theocracies that is the exact reason why the ME is in such a mess. And Muslims made damn well sure that "Islam"/Arab Muslims would be the government, aka in a conquered Persia Islam = legitimatizing Arab Dictatorships. Fast forward 2000 years of stagnation and it's exactly the same. Evil Dictatorial Theocracies where the people are at the whim of the nut-douche bag steering the State right off a cliff and into Hell.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I don't think it's as simple as you put it, but I like the part about the US staying tf out.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

hype, what don't you understand about that it won't be our decision about getting involved, that it will be Iran and the leadership of Iran, that will set the conditions of our involvement.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"it will be Iran and the leadership of Iran, that will set the conditions of our involvement."

Like in 1953?

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No, like E=mc2 boom.....

18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

You're confusedconfounded by baseless fear, thatterrorists who target the ignorant.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Your just confused, I tend to believe those who tell me they intent to murder me, my country and my people.

Especially when past actions speak louder than words.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has on many occasions made it abundantly clear that He intends to murder Israel, and Iran has set about the process of developing a Nuclear Weapon, why else would they refuse light water reactors, that produce electricity better than heavy water reactors, with less problems.

Why are they bragging about the numbers of centrifuges that do nothing but produce fissionable bomb grade material, and brag about the fact that they are building more.

Yes, it will be Iran, themselves that set the terms of our involvement, because they are already a threat to Israel, and the fuse has been lit by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and the radicle Islamic leadership of Iran.

E=mc2----and it not for Peaceful purpose that Iran is using that equation.

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Buffalo Roam: "I tend to believe those who tell me they intent to murder me, my country and my people."

Who specifically is that?

"Mahmoud Ahmadinejad"

Will you provide us with a quote of his threat upon you, which has caused you mortal fear? Don't be afraid. I'll ridicule you less if you will reveal the literal source(s) of your anxiety.

If this is too great a challenge, I'm prepared to fall back on, and still attentively consider your sources of fear regarding your Iranian WMD "Crisis".

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

They say "Death to America" as a common political chant, is that not enough?

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad

Yes, how do you vanish from the pages of time?

Hitler was very good at allaying the fears of those He intended to destroy, Chamberlain came back from Munich, with the....

Munich Agreement

Peace in our Time​

30 September 1938

WWII commenced;​

September 1 1939​

Yes, Ahmadinejad is very good at parsing his words, but what are His intentions? What were Hitler intentions, Hitler was very good a parsing His words, He spoke of Peace with everyone He went to war with, from Great Britain to Russia.

23. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

My Farsi is rusty nonexistent, so I googled a reference. What was yours? Is the US occupying Jerusalem, and I didn't know it? Just how and why did these words frighten you so?

Ahmadinejad is as threatening as Hitler to you? LOL try and observe that he's not quite so popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.