The first experimental measurement of God; to a 2-decimal point accuracy

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by George E Hammond, Jan 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George E Hammond Registered Senior Member

[GE Hammond MS physics]
    Yeah, and I don't need a Harley-74 to do it !
    George

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Michael345 would make a suggestion here
    Can SciForum increase the collective IQ of the internet by closing this thread?
    Thank you

Takes a bow and exits stage left to thunderous applause and cat calls

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sideshowbob likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

But you added the word "cube", which is what I objected to. You're trying to mix theological voodoo with science, which doesn't work, even if Newton did it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. George E Hammond Registered Senior Member

[GE Hammond MS physics]
    A "cube" is just a quadrature in 3 dimensions, while a square is a quadrature in 2 dimensions, I don't see the problem? By the way, Newton use the word quadrature in a private conversation in his apartment at Trinity College when he was talking to Edmund Haley who discovered Haley's Comet,
    ... Sorry, I have to prefer Isaac Newton's authoritative usage over yours !

George

8. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Every cube may be a quadrature but every quadrature is not a cube. A cube is very specifically a three-dimensional solid with six square faces.
    If he had used the word "cube", he would have been just as wrong as you.

9. George E Hammond Registered Senior Member

[GE Hammond MS physics]
    Buzz off "SPAMMER and HECKLER". You've been spamming and heckling this thread since the beginning, and you're the only one who does! First you recommended it be put in the "cesspool" now you're recommending that the thread be "removed".
    ... There are serious productive conversations in science going on here, and you're certainly not part of it. You have no scientific credentials or any peer published scientific record, and the conversation is entirely over your head
    ... I recommend that you push the "ignore button", is that too much to ask?
    ... And one more thing, I do have an advanced degree in physics, and do have a peer published scientific record. And furthermore, putting this "scientifically decent" thread in "pseudoscience" was enough of a slap in the face, but your suggesting to put it in "the cesspool" is a monumental insult to both religion and science. If anyone does that, I'll legally sue both you and Sciforums for the misappropriation and profitable use of copyrighted materials for commercial purposes!!

Hit that ignore button now !

George

10. George E Hammond Registered Senior Member

[GE Hammond MS physics]
    No he wouldn't ! By "quadrature" he was referring to the use of "rectangular, or cubic mathematical integration". If you are integrating a two-dimensional curve you have to use "infinitesimal rectangles" but if you are integrating a three-dimensional surface, you have to use 3-dimensional rectangular "cubes". I suggest that you don't have any expertise in mathematics, and Isaac Newton certainly did !

George

11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Pay attention. I said he (Newton) didn't use the word "cube".

Michael 345 likes this.
  12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No, that is a Tulpa and Tulpas only have a subjective existence to the "mental creator".

Tulpa
    What is a tulpa?
    What Is a Tulpa? • Tulpa.info

This definition exactly meets all the properties you have scientifically described, including perhaps an afterlife.
    Unfortunately it only exists in the mind of the mental creator, including the "personalities" assigned to the Tulpa.

Test the concept of Tulpa against your hypothesis. I think you will find it fits very nicely.....

Have you spoken with any Tulpa adherents? They may be of assistance in refining (or falsifying) your hypothesis. Tulpa creation and cognition is an old practice with a long philosophical history.
    Might be worth it!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Nearly 500 post

When is the thread going to address the issue of the other 4,299 waiting to be discovered?

Also the small inconvenient Lucifer waiting (stage right) to make an appearance

14. George E Hammond Registered Senior Member

[GE Hammond MS physics]
    Hey, Write4u, I know you've done a lot of "grant writing" for the Indian tribes in the Northwest US, and learned all about "Tulpas" (e.g. "personality disorder") from them, but you're not talking to an amateur here.
    ... My scientific proof of God (SPOG) is based on the well-known difference between the genotype and phenotype in the human body. The fact is that the human brain is aware of the existence of the genotype, even though we are walking around in the phenotypic body. This awareness is known historically as the "phenomenon of God", in other words that there is a "all-powerful guiding man" directing our behavior.
    ... This is universal to all of humanity, causes billions of religious people worshiping God, causes churches to be built on every street corner in Christendom! And it is certainly a far far cry from any manifestations of "personality disorder" experienced by the Northwest Indian tribes in the United States.

How about sticking to our conversation about you completing the "mathematical universe" by including a mathematical description of God which has been recently discovered and is on the cutting edge of human knowledge!

George

15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

For the record. Tulpas are part of Buddhism, especially practiced by Tibetan Lamas and observed by Alaxandra David-Neel in her book "Magic and Mystery" in Tibet.

Tulpa
    Theosophy and thoughtforms

Tulpa - Wikipedia
    But God was not discovered by man at all. God was discovered by a hominid ancestor of modern man.
    The concept derived from the fundamental "fight or flight" instinct in the face of an unseen enemy. The gods were born in the mind of early hominid who perceived unseen but powerful entities in the sky who made war and conjured thunderous sounds and fire (lightning), while blowing air and water down to threaten their troup.

This aggressive defensive behavior is still observable and has been recorded in chimpanzees (our closest genetic cousins) during thunder storms. The Alpha male will run around in a clearing a beat the bushes with a stick and throw it into the air to scare away those gods who make him and his family scared, wet, and miserable.

What do chimp ‘temples’ tell us about the evolution of religion?
    Sign or symbol
    What do chimp ‘temples’ tell us about the evolution of religion? | New Scientist

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

But this thread clearly deserve to be flushed to the cesspool.

Oh no!! Now I might get sued too!!?

exchemist and Sarkus like this.
  17. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

At least you'd be sued legally . Heaven forbid you should be sued illegally.

exchemist likes this.
  18. George E Hammond Registered Senior Member

[GE Hammond MS physics]
    LookWrite4u
    , I've had on my bedside table the 2 volume work "Personality and it's Survival Of Bodily Death" by WHF Myers for the last 40 years, and I've read the whole thing cover to cover. And it includes long passages by Prof. William James world famous founder and chairman of the Harvard psychology department Therefore I know all about Theosophy, Annie Besant, CW Leadbeater, Lenora Piper and Psi phenomena, clairvoyance, mental telepathy, communications with the dead, and every other crackpot psychological theory ever to surface !
    ... I'm a physicist, and I've discovered the world's first "hard science – rigorous scientific proof of the existence of God!... And that is the only thing that I'm here to talk about.

George

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

20. George E Hammond Registered Senior Member

[GE Hammond MS physics]
    Dear slideshowbob,

… I may be mistaken about the conversation between Isaac Newton and astronomer Edmund Haley (Haley’s Comet) which took place in Newton’s apartments at Oxford University around the year 1680. It was subsequently reported by Edmund Haley himself either in print or told to someone else who subsequently published it.
    … Anyway, Haley asked Newton “have you made any headway on the theory of gravity?” And Newton replied “I have reduced the problem to quadrature”.
    … I presumed that Newton meant that he had reduced the problem to a mathematical integration problem, because at about that time he was developing the theory of calculus (contemporaneously with Leibnitz in Germany) involving the mathematical integration of functions using the series summation of infinitesimal squares and cubes.
    But it occurs to me now that I may be wrong about that. That in fact he may have been referring to the fact that he had reduced the problem of gravity to an “inverse square law”, and this inverse square function might have been the “quadrature” that he was referring to, since the area of a square of size X is in fact x2 . Anyway Newton’s law of gravity is an inverse square law:

F = G(mm'/x2)

So you may be right, Newton may not have been actually referring to a “cube”. Nevertheless, the function x2 IS the area of a “square” so again Newton was referring to a “quadratic equation” or a “quadrature”.
    … But all of the is a conversation for the benefit of the unaware person, unaware that the word “quadrature” is clearly a “theologically loaded “expression. Just as the common street expression “the guy is a square” is a theologically (or psychologically) loaded, expression.
    …. And to be noted, is that in the archives of Oxford University there remain to this day over 5 volumes of Newton’s “theological writings”, he was highly concerned and aware of psychological and theological theories.

George

21. exchemist Valued Senior Member

This forum seems to be dominated by nutcases at the moment. George here is obviously barking, Arfa, who is apparently going senile in a slightly unpleasant way, is back, having been suspended from the .net site for rudeness, and Write4U is crazily claiming that the electron has -ve energy because it has a -ve electric charge......and is now trying to back up this ridiculous position with internet references about other things entirely.

I suppose one good thing about George is he is a proper crank, with a crank idea to promote, daft though it may be. I suspect that's what keeps the thread out of the cesspool.

origin likes this.
  22. George E Hammond Registered Senior Member

[GE Hammond MS physics]
    postscript:

The Question Is, whether or not Newton was using the word "quadrature" is a noun or a verb ? The report I read said that Newton said "I have reduced the problem to curvature", which means he was using the word curvature is a verb (an action), whereas if he had said "I have reduced the problem to a quadrature" I would presume that he was using the word quadrature is a noun.
    And by the way most dictionaries define the word quadrature is a noun?
    ... If he was using the word quadrature as a verb, it would more likely refer to a mathematical integration process, but if you are using the word quadrature is a noun, it would more likely refer to the inverse square law.
    ... To my best recollection, the report I read, Newton used the word quadrature as a VERB and not a NOUN ?

George

23. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

And you managed to exclude yourself from that category?
    Oh fuck.
    When did you appoint yourself the guardian of sanity? What the fuck are you doing here?
    Why do you think anyone else cares?

Are you nuts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.