The fear of tearing paper

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, May 7, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Hello all.

I have this particular fear and I was simply curious as to weather or not it is a common one, or one where nobody ever has ever heard about it.

I say this because I don't know if it's bad or not to have the fear of tearing paper. Whenever I go to make tea and I take the string off of the thing from the teabag, I swear to god, every time, I get t hings singeing feeling sort of like a chalk board.

Familar?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

how do you feel about toilet paper?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My son won't touch paper plates, so I know what you mean. He says it feels odd. Kinda squeaky.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

Yeah definately.

Toilet paper sucks too sometimes

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

once I brought my unusual fear to sciforums, and they said i was schizofrenic

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Check out the Emotional Freedom Technique. It has a very high success rate with phobias, even things like stuttering. It's a great alternative to conventional therapy. It usually shows results in a couple of sessions and if it doesn't you haven't wasted a lot of time and money. There are many practitioners who do phone consultations and if you have some aptitude you might be able to take over and proceed by yourself.

Don't be put off by the hype on their website. They have to present this stuff with a little woo-woo to appeal to today's market. But there's no woo-woo to it. It uses accupressure points and repetition to help you concentrate on your problem and come up with your own solution.

9. Tnerb Banned Banned

What about the fear of tearing paper

I have had it since I was a small boy. Everyone else doesn't fear it. I was wondering what it might mean...

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

I also have this fear of about theh source of what the paper tearing could contain, if this is the appropriate forum for this sort of info:

See, basically, ... I think that paper is the source of life. If you are tearing paper you are shreading and doing something, something, terrible to that wood. You are ____________ what's the word(s)?

Anyway, it reminds me that it could have some serious negetive effects.

12. Roman Banned Banned

I made out with this chick once that didn't like the way paper felt. She was sort of OCD. Pretty hot, though.

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

Okay, get the picture.

14. Roman Banned Banned

She constantly was washing her hands. She was pretty weird. Liked her nipples sucked on, though.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What do you mean 'fear' ? Like horrified, scared to death.. almost literally ? Or do you just not like the sound of it ?

16. Tnerb Banned Banned

Right. The sound of tearing paper is horrendous.

17. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

I am usually hesitant to tearing sheets. The act of tearing is very destructive. What if you make a mistake and tear up something you will later need? I usually crumple rather than tear.

I worry sometimes while taking out the trash. (I have a one year old todler running around the house and I can never find certain objects like tv remotes, letters, jewelry, etc..)

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

but if you are throwing it away, to never be seen again, what does it matter?

19. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I've seen this technique used by Paul McKenna too. It's a tad expensive at $150 though. It does work, without a doubt, but it takes a little effort. It's amazing how quickly we'll shove tablets down our necks but mention meridians and people run a mile.

This might help with your phobia if your adapt it to your own phobia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3LUoqaKi5U

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Which fear is that?

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Fear of spiders..

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Fear of all the corpses in the garden rising and going in search of living flesh.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Aahh! Rise of the pet zombies ?