The extent of criminal liability?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Tiassa, Jul 28, 2007.

?

Does the suspect's liability include the helicopter crash?

1. Aye

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Nay

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Can't say

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

Actually, in this case the cop may face charges of manslaughter, thanks to AZ statute 28-624(D): "D. This section does not relieve the driver of an authorized emergency vehicle from the duty to drive with due regard for the safety of all persons and does not protect the driver from the consequences of the driver's reckless disregard for the safety of others."
    I don't think the guy who was arrested will see any charges related to the collision. Well, maybe at most manslaughter charges, but I don't think he'll face those, based upon a skimming of the Arizona lawbook, and no knowledge of any legal precedent.

No a guy who shares marijuana wouldn't be charged with first degree murder. He wouldn't even be charged with manslaughter.

After reading AZ 13-1105, you then need to go to 13-3405(A-4) for marijuana, 13-3407(A-4 & 7) for dangerous drugs, and 13-3408(A-7) which reads "Transport for sale, import into this state or offer to transport for sale or import into this state, sell, transfer or offer to sell or transfer marijuana/dangerous drugs/narcotic drug." In the case of dangerous drugs they tack on the manufacture of drugs, probably to deal with meth labs.

Really, Arizona law isn't that ridiculous. But, that's just my humble opinion.​

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.