The Etp Model Has Been Empirically Confirmed

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Futilitist, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Shouldn't this thread be in the conspiracies sub forum?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

how was this massively important ffucking line plotted to begin with ?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Indeed, in the OP, he says "I created this graph." If that's really true, then he should be able to explain precisely how it was plotted, giving us the actual data or equation or whatever - regardless of the shortcomings of "The Hills Group"'s book.

Because of the watermarks in the picture in the OP, you can see how to easily create the oil price history graph here:
    https://www.tradingview.com/chart/

It looks like it is possible to add your own curves and data, so if it was done through that web app, it should be possible to explain exactly how they were added.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    krash661 likes this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

who cares, just converse.

8. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

if this individual cannot or will not post the formula, at least they could post the margin of error, that way we can calculate the formula. but all in all, this has obviously became inclusive either way.

9. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

10. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Cesspool.

11. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

You guys are so boring.

Hey Russ,

You disingenuously complain about not being able to see all the formulas and charts and graphs contained in a 65 page engineering report. You know there is no way for me to show all that to you. And it isn't even necessary, since the minute details are not at issue if you cannot agree to the most basic physics assumptions upon which the Etp model is based! You are a fraud and a professional liar, Russ. If you are so smart and successful and all, why not just buy a fucking copy of the Etp model yourself! I think it costs, like, 30 dollars! You should be able to afford that, what, with all your fabulous stock market gains lately. That way you could see the complete, detailed explanation, which I am now certain you could never understand!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I gave BW Hill a link to this conversation. This is what he had to say:

Re: The Etp Model, Q & A

by shortonoil » Fri 28 Aug 2015, 20:25:22
    Whatever said:

"We'll just have to wait and see how it all that shakes out, but in the meantime, I created a thread on sciforums.com announcing my empirical confirmation of the Etp model.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/the-et ... ed.152487/

It's good for a few laughs, at least. Enjoy."

That link exhibits the most pathetic excuse for intelligence since the burning of the Library of Alexandra. You would have better luck explaining Quantum Mechanics to a fruit fly! If that is where the Internet is headed -- someone pull the switch!
    ~
    B.W. Hill,
    B.S. ME, M.S., M.S. PM,
    Director: The Hill's Group™

I answered back:

Unfortunately, like a brain dead patient on life support, we have to wait for the plug to fall out of the wall!

So anyway, Russ, buy the model, or at least ask your best questions directly to BW Hill at peakoil.com (I would pay money to see that!) Put up, or shut up. Otherwise you are just blowing hot air.

Good luck.

---Futilitist

---------------------------------------------------

And execonomist, I mean exchemist,

You are not an artful dodger.

Here is the original question I put to you so long ago:

exchemist said:
    The notion that there is a looming catastrophe, due to thermodynamics, which has somehow been missed by everyone in both government planning and in the relevant industries, is stark staring mad.

Futilitist
    said:
    It is quite apparent from your reaction, and the general reactions from almost everyone on this forum, that people aren't necessarily very open to hearing about this looming catastrophe. People don't like bad news. And this is really, really bad news. Hell, it's pretty much the worst news ever.

If you were the President of the United States or the CEO of a major corporation, how would you break the news of the upcoming apocalypse to the world?

So answer the fucking question please. Thank you.

---Futilitist

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  12. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Nope, just the one. The key one.

Welcome to science, Futilitist. Sorry it isn't for you, but that's how it works. If you make a claim/prediction, people are going to want to evaluate that claim/prediction by looking into the details of how it was arrived at.

Looking into it a little more as I did with my last post: you have claimed that you, yourself generated the graph you posted in the OP. So you should be able to explain exactly how you created it*. If this were me, I'd upload a spreadsheet showing exactly how it was calculated and plotted. But I'm intellectually honest. Like I said, science isn't for everyone. [shrug]

*Unless the website has a function for sharing data/graphs, in which case you might have just gotten the graph itself from Hill himself. In which case, your dishonesty is his, by proxy. But since you're the one in here claiming to have generated the graph, you own it.

13. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

Damn, Russ. You dodge and weave and dissemble and confuse.

You are basically useless.

Yes, Virginia, I made the graphs in the original post. They weren't generated, they were drawn. Duh.

They are based on the Etp model curves as best I could represent them with the charting software I used. The reason I made the graphs was because the ones that BW Hill generated directly from the model covered too many years to be able to get a feel for how curves would look over a shorter, more familiar timeframe with daily and weekly averages, instead of just yearly ones. I am pretty sure I explained this in the OP. That's it. No mystery. I guess you'll next claim they aren't accurate enough for you, angry science man.

Anyway, why not just buy a copy of the report so you can see for yourself how foolish you actually are. And go ahead and ask your best questions to BW Hill directly at peakoil.com. Unless, of course, you are afraid.

[shrug]

---Futilitist

PS---Thanks for the like!

Russ_Watters likes this.
  14. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

first of, who the ffuck is this "BW Hill " character ?
    on wall street/ the floors, i have never heard such a name.
    and second,
    hey now... did you show this so-called individual this comment that russ has been harping on ?
    how was this massively important ffucking line plotted to begin with ?

15. brucep Valued Senior Member

My guess is this dumbass is Hill. Wouldn't be the first time I've witnessed that type intellectual dishonesty on the Internet.

16. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

He's the guy responsible for this "ETP Model" website that Futilitist keeps copying and pasting content from.
    http://www.thehillsgroup.org/index.html

Apparently, they are buddies because Hill gave Futilitist a copy of his paper for free -- you or me, we'd have to buy it.

17. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Maybe. I have seen before people making fake fan sockpuppets to worship themselves, but ostensibly it looks like these guys just became buddies on a Peak Oil crackpot forum.

18. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Then leave. STFU and come back in another year, in an alternate universe in which we don't interact... Please.

Edit: Russ: Funny! Goad job!

Daecon likes this.
  19. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

So, you're just a regular member here who is supposedly curious enough about the Etp model to spend all of your "spare" time ferociously debating me, and you claim to be frustrated that you just can't get enough detailed information.

But you are fabulously successful and obviously rich enough to afford to buy a copy of the model, and you still haven't bothered to ask BW Hill even a single question (100% free!) at peakoil.com.

So, not very consistent, are you?

Plus, you are a confirmed hard-core peak oil denier, so you clearly have an agenda.

And, at the very least, you are definitely willing to boldly argue against things you know noting about. Charlatan.

Why should anyone listen to you?

Did you really mean Goad job, Toad? Freudian slip, perhaps?

---Futilitist

20. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

"Peak oil denier"?

How about "pulling maths out of your ass" denier instead?

21. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Didn't see the edits:
    Drawn? Really? So you really don't have any idea how those curves were originally generated?! If you did, you would be able to generate them mathematically yourself. Duh, indeed! Not a very good ambassador if you are unable to do the math yourself!

And yes, I know you said the paper doesn't contain the required equation: doesn't that anger you that Hill is making you look stupid by sending you into an argument without the details of the key point you are defending? Oh wait, yeah, it does -- you're just lashing out at me, the one who's pointing it out instead of Hill, the one who is doing it to you.
    You've already told me it doesn't contain the details of its key thesis, so there is no point in buying it, even if it were ethically ok for him to be selling it, which it still isn't.

22. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Futilitist:

Nope, shitstain. I meant precisely what I typed.

Edit: Sorry! I meant the originator of this.. whatever...

23. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

That is the first thing you have gotten correct, Russ. I did meet BW Hill on a crackpot Peak Oil forum! It is called peakoilbarrel.com. That forum sucks. It is run by Ron Patterson, aka Darwinian, from theoildrum.com. They really don't like the Etp model.

Liar. I just told you the book contains 65 pages of detailed equations and graphs. The entire methodology is very well explained. It is not possible for me to summarize it here for you in as much detail as you falsely claim to require.

What the hell are you talking about now? How is selling an engineering report unethical?

Were you also lying about being able to afford to buy the book? (If so, it's okay to admit it.)

What about asking BW Hill your questions directly? Are you also a coward, as I suspected?

You make no sense. Your posts are basically gibberish. I am placing you back on pretend ignore.

---Futilitist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.