The Eternalist

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Gorlitz, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I couldn't get to that link sorry. What as the name of the document please?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

It is on the topic. Aristotle's ideas were adopted by the Church and they persist right up to today, and we are showing that to be true, and destructive.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

The article is called...

"A brief history of celibacy in the RCC"
    By Glenn Weiser

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Thanks
    http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/mland~celibacy.htm

Reinforces what I was saying earlier. Men, power, money, corruption and sexuality all go hand in hand. Even if the organisation is a church; that won't stop it. How to be Eternally virtuous??? How to be an Eternalist???

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Aristotle was hardly virtuous (sounded like he'd be considered a sexist today)...and being an eternalist really has nothing to do with virtue, as far as I can see.
    But...I understand what you're saying.

Virtue ...is doing the right things, even when no one is looking. Perhaps, that is a start?

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Did yo look at that video on the "Jokes and funny stories" thread.
    Jesus said do this and that and your rewards are in Heaven, but us monkeys look around and see the less virtuous appearing to have so much more fun.
    Have a look at it and you will see what I mean.
    http://www.upworthy.com/2-monkeys-were-paid-unequally-see-what-happens-next?g=3

10. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Hey Wegs I'm not saying give up being virtuous, no I am saying become more so, to the point where the confirmation comes. That is what I have sought for the last 20 odd years, can we ever get to see the miraculous happen in our midst once again? Miracles on YouTube! Wow, not that easy to fire it up though.
    Mark 16:15-20 for those that read the NT.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I know what you're saying...yes. I agree.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Does anyone else find it sadly ironic that Aristotle, an incredibly brilliant and creative thinker, when it came to science and philosophy was just a mere simpleton when it came to how he viewed women and slavery?

I have an issue with how he held himself to be a part of the "intellectual elite," but at the end of the day...he felt women were beneath men and how slavery was "necessary" in society.

Yeah yeah yeah...he was a product of the era. But that's the irony. Here is a man who went against the grain of conventional thinking more often than not, but when it came to how he viewed his fellow man (and woman) he really fell short.

I guess we are all works in progress; even Aristotle had room for improvement!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!