The End of the Internet?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Mythbuster, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anomalous Banned Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Light Registered Senior Member

OK, I read it. What makes you think it really means anything? That's pretty old news, by the way.

And I ask again - do you even know what ICANN is, how it's made up and what it does? (Didn't think so!)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anomalous Banned Banned

Last edited by Stryder : Today at 04:25 AM. Reason: Edited both previous posts to remove annoying Iframe

I thought he has stepped down as a Mod,

Death to all Mods

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

The Iframe is annoying. It has some kind of print code in it. Provide a link next time.

8. Anomalous Banned Banned

What ever U say James R.

9. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Excuse' moi? Ich nich bin James R.

10. Dudish dude Look out behind you...ZOMBIE!! Registered Senior Member

Where the hell did you get James R from anomalous?

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Amoanalot has strange sources for his thoughts, for they rise up out of the primeval gestalt of the Universe.

But only on alternate Tuesdays.

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I had stepped down, however until things have been sorted within the forum moderators etc (And until I actually decide to sell all my worldly possessions and disappear into the forever unknown.) I still feel that with privileges intact I can still offer my services dealing with unwanted spam, trolls and posts that are concerning.

(The reason for removing the Iframe was having people use the "reply" button and quoting the Iframe meant a flood of printer commands deluge your browser.)

As for this "Death" you speak, Could the same be said "for all trolls"?

13. Anomalous Banned Banned

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'm going to let that one post slide Anomalous, but do realise the reason it got deleted from the 3-4 other threads you posted it to is because it's no way connected with the threads topic.

You vouch for blood over someone that posted in this preportion of the forum just to query about computer related issues bares no real grounds of support. If the person you are after posts flames in another part of the forum or says conteraversial material, keep it to those posts, don't spread the muck about (we don't need trolls fertilized in this part of the forum)

15. Anomalous Banned Banned

U mods of Sci forums have destroyed your planet just now becuase U think its ok to close threads.

16. Light Registered Senior Member

Ooooooooooooooooo! Should I borrow someone's tinfoil hat to protect myself from this threat?

Naw, I think I'll just back to watching something on TV for better entertainment than this.

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I've mentioned in a previously long departed post here far below all the recent posts about the potential for a new internet to be born, one that gives in fully to mass consumerism, that doesn't run the same way as the current one. (It's made safe, policed and commercially control)

I mentioned it because rather than the End to the Internet it would just split people between the two.

I do believe that the overall internet as a whole shouldn't have boundaries placed by one or other country, in fact that was one of the "Romantic" thoughts that people like to believe about it. However it should be noted that the internets basic structure was based upon Coldwar communications & espionage technology, notibly by one more extrovert superpowers.

This means this very "Romantic" Cyberspace that you believe to have no extents or boundaries has for the early years been under the watchful eye of those who's network it once was. Of course this is probably why the EU and UN have the stance they do on it being made more Globally acceptable, rather than being very one sided with "Laws" potentially being defined by the county or "occupancy" (Namely for a while the net lived about 80% in the US)

in reply to your comment:
    Mine and moderators closing of a few threads to remove flaming or to stop continued flaming is no way closing down the internet. Afterall you can always open another thread up, just when you realise you have to open a second one... try thinking about what you are posting first which you might have neglected the first time.

18. draqon Banned Banned

watch....well have the "internet" and separately the... "forumnet"....at least thats how I see it

19. Anomalous Banned Banned

Stryder jusitce is still Unknown to U, U will always remain StryderUnknown.

20. vslayer Registered Senior Member

you would have te be retarded to believe that anyone could shut down the internet completely. it wolud be a matter of mere weeks before intra-continental networks were established to replace it. it may take a bit of money to get satellites linking the networks though.

21. Anomalous Banned Banned

I hope U were not adressing that to me, I never said anything about internet.

22. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I believe that you have mentioned the internet before in this thread Anomy.

23. Anomalous Banned Banned

where when ? Are U nuts too ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.