The Emporer's New Ranch Dressing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hypewaders, Apr 10, 2004.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Through these memorable last 3 years, I've often wondered why footage of Dubya's ole Crawford Ranch never appears in footage or photos. I was always left to imagine some old ranchhouse, that would fit in with the old shed and haybailer reporters usually use as a backdrop.

I remember Crown Prince Abdullah paraded incongruously, even insultingly, in the cab of Dubya's pickup, and Prince Bandar in bluejeans in a room that seemed as New York as Texas. I remember being a little surprised at how often Presidential comments issued forth from the "Texas White House".

So, I went a Googling. The link to a Whitehouse.gov, article "President Gives Tour of Crawford Ranch" doesn't have any pictures of the ranchhouse, or description of it, but lots of rambling about trees and creeks. What an outdoorsman!

Maybe over here at Crawfordtx.com we can get a look. Nope, lots of pics of dignitaries in town, none of the Ole Bush Spread. But I did learn something I didn't know-
    Hmm. It turns out our President has apparently spent a total of more than 6 months of his Presidency there, but never lived there before becoming President. But surely About.com will give us a look. Nope. No photos of the ranch, not even during the longest presidential vacation in 32 years in August 2001. How about a morerecent tour? No, not much to go on. Could it be that the reality just doesn't fit the downhome Texas persona?

It dawned on me reading This article that it's not really fitting to say "Send Dubya back to Crawford", because that's not where he's coming from. I think Americans have yet to figure that one out.