The Electric Universe - HD Documentary 2015

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by prometheus007, Feb 14, 2015.

1. prometheus007 Registered Member

The Electric Universe - HD Documentary 2015

"David expresses a belief that the electrical fields in space cannot account for all the plasma effects of the primer fields but offers no theory of what the driving force is. Electrical activity in a vast cosmic circuit is the only viable explanation."

Watch the video:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

What kinds of conduits would this electrical activity flow through?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

This topic is not earth science it is an alternate theory and a discounted theory at that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Interesting presentation...

Most everyone could gain something from watching it...

as an aside : if all of science and knowledge was totally decided - there would be no further need for the study of either...would there?

8. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Moderator note:
    Thread moved to Alt. Theories.

9. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

energy, positive and negative along with phasing is F****ing everything.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes, a defunct, discarded theory that like the "steady state"of Hoyle has fallen by the wayside due to lack of evidence.
    I also have the book by Eric J Lerner, "The BB Never Happened" and although quite a large hunk of it was beyond me, I did have it reviewed by two professionals from another forum.
    Why did I read the book?
    Besides to obtaining and open mind, I was interested in how such a methodology could be proposed against the observationally and theoretically verified Gravity component.
    In essence, from the ground up and from what I could understand, it just couldn't hold up.

11. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

No one suggested that, they only said that this idea shouldn't be studied anymore.

dumbest man on earth likes this.
  12. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

What is your point, Russ?

Did you watch the video?

...and did you possibly read the : "as an aside :" ??

BTW, which idea are you referring to, when you write : "this" ?

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Obviously you are referring to the long discarded, defunct Plasma/Electric Universe hypothesis. Agreed.

14. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

My point is that your criticism is unfounded/irrelevant. A strawman attack on science.
    Certainly not -- that should have been implied by what I said.
    Oy, really? I'll give you a hint: it's the title of the thread and the video.

15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Russ, I made no "criticism" that was "unfounded/irrelevant".
    I watched the video - as a "critic", I firmly stated : "Interesting presentation... Most everyone could gain something from watching it...".
    At that point, I then asked a question.

At this point, Russ, I must humbly request that you PROVE your POINT that I made a "strawman attack on science".
    Russ, if you did not watch the video, then how do you know if the video IS or IS NOT an : "Interesting presentation...", and whether or not : "Most everyone could gain something from watching it..."?

Russ, I further humbly request that you choose some other Member to "PLAY" with.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The "this" was pretty damn evident... why do you insist on attempting to troll various threads on here DMoE?

17. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

You're dodging your own statement, DMOE. I even quoted the relevant part in my previous post, which you omitted in the above summation of your first post. But by all means, try again to respond to my criticism by amplifying/clarifying the offending portion of your post.
    You think I'm singling-you out? That's rich coming from someone who does little else lately besides follow-around a certain member and attack him.

18. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Kittamaru : Why the language? Why the accusation? Why so Off-Topic?
    and BTW, what did you think of the video?

Russ_Watters : The QUESTION that I asked in my Post #4, was : " if all of science and knowledge was totally decided - there would be no further need for the study of either...would there?"
    QUESTION, Russ - did you not notice the, (?), QUESTION MARK at the end of it?

Russ, I said nothing about "singling" anyone out. Ad Hominem, much?
    and BTW, who is following whom?

At this point, Russ, I must humbly REPEAT MY REQUEST that you PROVE your POINT that I made a "strawman attack on science".

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Here's a nice article listing why the Electric/Plasma is a crock of shit.....

https://briankoberlein.com/2014/02/25/testing-electric-universe/

extract:
    The following is what this theory claims.....
    "Neither dark matter nor dark energy exist. Black holes don’t exist. The big bang didn’t happen.

Galaxies are formed by kinks in cosmic magnetic fields. They begin as electric quasars which then expand into modern galaxies.

Stars are electrically charged masses formed within galactic plasmas. They are not heated by nuclear fusion within their core, but rather by a flow of plasma, similar to a florescent light.

Stars “give birth” electrically to companion stars and gas giant planets.

Redshift is not a measure of galactic distance. It is instead a measure of galactic age.

Special Relativity is wrong. General Relativity is wrong."

It then goes through each claim and lists the many short comings.
    The article finishes with.....
    "So never let it be said that an astro-scientist has never considered the electric universe model with an open mind. The Electric Universe model is wrong. Provably, clearly and ridiculously wrong".

"We’ve put the Electric Universe to the test. Final Grade: F-

20. river

But have they , you , put the Plasma Universe to rest ? No

The Plasma Universe is not the same as the Electric Universe

21. river

22. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Same crap. The plasmapinheads think the structure of the universe is dominated by plasma/electricity instead of gravity. The evidence says they are wrong.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
    You forget river, I have read the book by Eric J Lerner, "The Big Bang Never Happened" and in that it called both.
    Yes, it is a crock of shit, that has been confined to the dustbin of failed hypothesis.