The devil's children... do they exist?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by davewhite04, Jan 30, 2015.

1. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

John 8:44
    44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Is this verse still applicable today?

Please no trolls.

It would be good if Christians shared their thoughts.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Just as much as it ever was.!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Every single time a politician opens his or her mouth to speak..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That verse is a lie.

8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

We're all guilty of lying.

9. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your amazing insight, as usual.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How do you know it's not a lie? Perhaps the Devil is the true God, and what you call the true God is an impostor.

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

What is your belief?

So the devil inspired the bible and included himself in it as an angel that tested humanity through the ancient times, while answering to God. BUT the devil was God because he lies according to the book he inspired.

Fuzzy logic? indeed, nonsense once again.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, there are more than two Gods, they evolved as a species. One of them is taking advantage of human beings by misrepresenting itself as the creator, that one is a psychic vampire. The other is on the side of humans by emphasizing emancipation from God. God was so afraid of losing his monopoly that he inspired the Bible to include slander of the other one, calling him dark and evil.

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Only one God but many gods, we can agree on that. They did in fact evolve in my opinion.

Are you being serious here? If so, what text, if any, inspires this belief?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't believe any of it, but if you can make up fanciful stories, I can play the same game. I mean, it's a version of Russell's Teapot. There is just as much evidence for either proposition.

15. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

And this is the best you can do to support your claim:

spidergoat says: No, there are more than two Gods, they evolved as a species. One of them is taking advantage of human beings by misrepresenting itself as the creator, that one is a psychic vampire. The other is on the side of humans by emphasizing emancipation from God. God was so afraid of losing his monopoly that he inspired the Bible to include slander of the other one, calling him dark and evil.

My answer: So the devil inspired the bible and included himself in it as an angel that tested humanity through the ancient times, while answering to God. BUT the devil was God because he lies according to the book he inspired.

You think your evidence can even be counted as evidence? You want to play games? Go and play tetris, unless you're addicted to mental masturbation.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think both our claims are supported equally (that is to say, not at all). That's the point.

I think there's a lot to be said in favour of mental masturbation (as well as the other kind). Self analysis can be very productive. In fact I believe that all transformative spiritual experiences are generated internally. It's a kind of false humility to say that it's not possible for one's brain to be so full of insight. It's our untapped potential that is usually blocked by the doors of perception.

17. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Okay.

Agreed.

No idea if you're being serious here.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I am serious. People say their spiritual experience couldn't possibly come from themselves, since their imagination or something isn't good enough. These people have no idea what their brains are capable of.

19. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

What is the brain capable of?

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Amazing feats of insight, distortions of perception. It can make you feel like you are dead, or everyone else is dead or not real. It can invent entire worlds, buildings full of art and sculpture, music that you have never heard before. I could go on, but anyone who lived through the counterculture of the 1960's knows what I'm talking about.

21. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Swinging 60s!

I have no doubt what I experienced and really should of messaged Hapsburg about it because all I've had from others is negative vibes.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

OK, I understand if you don't want to talk about it. Pearls before swine and all that. I would only add that I would accept such a personal experience as evidence if it revealed something that could be verified as something specific you could not have known about at the time.

23. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Strangely enough the song it left in my memory was Diamonds and Pearls! You aren't swine, and please forgive me for threatening to hit you with fire, it was badly worded.